Disney's Castaway Cay set for expansion

With the upcoming expansion of the Disney Cruise Line, the company wants to make sure that Castaway Cay is ready for the influx of visitors. The 1,000 acre island paradise will be getting an upgrade, set to be done by next summer. Some of the items on the agenda are a bigger family beach, more water sports, another restaurant and 20 private cabanas.

The family beach is currently 1,000 feet and will be expanded by 700 feet. Disney wants guests to have the opportunity to spread out and is hoping the expanded beach will allow them to do so. Another tram stop will be added further down the coastline, along with a new restaurant and shops. Also in the works are two new corkscrew slides and two new play areas with water features.

Disney’s Castaway Cay set for expansion, Disney News - WDWINFO.COM

More info from allears.net

Disney Cruise Line Creating More Magic at Castaway Cay (Disney News Blog)

And more details . . . including a video! :happy:

Disney Cruise Lines Making room for more Magic at Castaway Cay | The Disney Blog

ARGH! I need to get me on one of those cruises, now that there will be even MORE to see at Castaway Cay!!

MEEEEE TOOOOO!!! :laugh: (and yes I’m YELLING!!!) :laugh::laugh:

OK, now I want to go on another Disney Cruise. Thanks Mickeysgirlz.

I wish that the ships would dock overnight at Castaway. It is a shame that (unless you double dip) you get there on your last day.

Oh my! Oh my! Castaway was an absolute PARADISE when I was there… I can’t imagine how much greater it will be with the new expansion! Time to book another Disney cruise!!!