Disney's Magical Rates

First of all, I just want to say … This is a great group and I have already learned so much just by lurking here. I feel like I can’t enough Disney information. I am like a child that doesn’t want to go to bed cause I’m afraid I might miss something!!!

I am in the early stages of planning an all out (yet budgeted trip) to WDW in February 2006 for my family of 4. My quesion tonight is about Disney’s magical rates for cruises. Since my dates are flexible, I have some time to research and get the best deal but I am also concerned that I will miss out if I wait too long. Right now and up to 4/17/05, I can book a 4 night Bahama cruise for $399/adult for 2/05/06. What I really want is to get the 4 night that leaves on Feb 12th or 26th. I noticed that last week there were magical rates around the same timeframe but I don’t remember exactly.

Does anyone know if these magical rates follow any type of pattern that I can use to determine if I should wait for the next set of rates or if that would be too risky??? I don’t want to have to give up this part of my trip but it’s pretty important that my vacation fall somewhere around the 19th of February. My DH would love to see Daytona 500 and after my planning this WDW vacation with everything I want, I can’t really deny him at least that :wink: can I?

Thanks so much for all your help so far!!! Kelly

Kelly -
Welcome to DC. It’s a pleasure to have you with us. I have no knowledge of the cruises, but wanted to welcome you to our site. Hope you find the answer to your question soon. You can contact mouseketrips (link on the home page) and get some help with this cruise. They are a disney only travel agency and ran by our own mickey (administrator) and his partner Turnwrench (a dc memeber). They are excellent. :flowers:

Welcome to DC! Dana gave you some good advice, Mickey is a Disney only travel agent so he is very knowledgeable about Disney Cruise Line. He will be able to answer your questions and book your vacation so you know you are getting the best rate.

Hi Kelly! I don’t have any information for you either, but I wanted to jump on the bandwagon and welcome you to DC…don’t lurk, feel free to post a lot! You’ll have even more fun that way. :biggrin:

Hi!! Welcome to DC…now it’s time to stop lurking and start posting!! I have never taken a disney cruise…but there are several DC members who have…so dont worry someone will be able to help you!

Hi Kelsco,

Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath for too many discounts being offered mid Feb-April, cause of the spring break time period. I know that sounds like a long spring break time period, but different states let their kids out of school at different times. Matter of fact, here in Florida different counties let their kids out at different times even! Even summertime is generally tough to get discount on anything cause' everyones going on summer vacations. Pretty much if they kids are in school say, in Jan. and even Sept. you can bank on getting a discounted room rate for Disney on land or at sea. I have booked DCL for 2/2/06 at a discounted rate cause' I am banking on the fact that the one I booked for a three day and the one your thinking of doing will be the last "big" discount during that time frame. I could be wrong though...this is just my personally opinion. 

Sometimes though for a little more $ you might find a discount throughout the year, but if your looking for the best discounted rate available then you’ll need to vacation off season.

Happy planing! :mickey: Mmketeer

Kelly - Welcome to DC!! I really don’t have any info for you, but I am so glad you’re here!

I can totally relate to your statement!!