Disney's Night Kingdom

Anyone heard about this? I found the story from poking around on the net after getting this week’s AllEars newsletter.

Jim Hill : Night Kingdom to reimagine the Disney-theme-park-going experience

What’s your opinion on this? Will this be the 5th park?

[QUOTE=KittieKChick;928522]Anyone heard about this? I found the story from poking around on the net after getting this week’s AllEars newsletter.

Jim Hill : Night Kingdom to reimagine the Disney-theme-park-going experience

What’s your opinion on this?[/QUOTE]

interesting but not my cup of tea… i guess some people will love it … plus the price tag is out of my ball park,i think the villian park sound like a better idea.

ummm… I have to say… this makes me kind of mad. Who is going to pay $250+ per person? Not the majority of WDW visitors.

It sounds pretty certain, but I’m really hoping this doesn’t happen. I’d like Disney’s energy and funds to go somewhere that more WDW guests could enjoy.

And if this is their response to Universal’s new Harry Potter park… I’m sorely disappointed.

I also do not think this will go over with the “average” disney family. Over $1000 or a family of four? nada. Plus, they are only going to be entertaining 2000 people a day.

I’m also think that a villians park with more thrill rides would be more popular. Make it big enough to handle thousands of people and I feel you’re talking a more profitable operation.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;928544]ummm… I have to say… this makes me kind of mad. Who is going to pay $250+ per person? Not the majority of WDW visitors.

It sounds pretty certain, but I’m really hoping this doesn’t happen. I’d like Disney’s energy and funds to go somewhere that more WDW guests could enjoy.

And if this is their response to Universal’s new Harry Potter park… I’m sorely disappointed.[/QUOTE]

My exact opinion and thoughts…well said Jill

With the economy looking like it is I highly doubt that people are going to be willing to pay 250.00 dollars to go to this park. I really hope they reconsider the price, the price is crazy!

I have the same thoughts as many of you. The price is crazy. No way I’m going to that for that price. Even if we do get to experience once-in-a-lifetime thing with animals. For a little less than that, I will pay for one of the tours with the animals.

I have to say that this new park idea doesn’t excite me. I also think the villain park has just been some rumor that has been going on for years. If villains are in such high-demand, I think they will do something with them inside the already-made parks.

The new park sounds very different and fun, but who can afford this? The article said they are targeting families that stay at deluxe resorts-we are one of those famlies- but deluxe resorts just make it into our budget. We could never afford all four of us to experience this. What are they thinking? Everyone wants a bargin these days!

I just can’t see this in the works right now. Disney is cutting back, even if they don’t want to admit it publically. They are offering a say 4 nights get 3 free offer just to get people to help fill their hotels. Even if the Night Kingdom is targetted for those who stay in deluxe (my family is one of those) we stay in a deluxe for the convenience of close to a park and amenities. I wouldn’t pay another $1000 for this. Disney is probably better of improving the 4 parks they have. AK was supposed to have another ‘land’ based on mythical creatures. They could put that back. And don’t get me started on HS…they could actually put a villains land there.

I agree completely.

As stated above, I would think that they would finish AK and add more to HS before building yet another park…that would be biting off a little more than they are able to chew in my opinion. I wouldn’t care what was in that park…no way would I pay $500 on top of the already expensive passes to do this…no way.

sound like an interesting spot and if you know Disney they will create a great place to visit for sure but the price thats more thean a seven day park pass
or close to it. TIMES 5 not seeing it as an option.

This idea has been out there for a while. I really don’t see it happening, though. And if it does, I see it being a flop (much like the Disney Institute). It’s one of those things I’d probably do once, then never again. It’s too expensive for repeat guests. The average guest is already spending a load of money on accommodations, park tickets, and food. And this is something that’s going to be an expense to maintain. They’re going to have to hire extra CMs to tend to the animals, animal food, and exhibit upkeep. Maybe after the economy crisis is over, but I really doubt this will open very soon.

I can see Disney opening something like this eventually, but I can’t see it being touted as a “park” - more like a unique attraction unto itself. If they were to advertise it as a new park, then there would be the question of why it’s not an option on a “park hopper” pass, etc.

I dont think so, it doesn’t follow the formula that they have. plus I’m not liking the price tag either.

My family would definitely not shell out for that hefty sum of money for one night (not even the entire day and night). It was certainly a task to convince DH that we could afford to go to WDW this year. His respose was… wait don’t pass out… we have beent there before, why do we need to go back… CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!! LOL

There’s no way in heck that we’d pay that kind of money over what you already have to pay for a Disney trip. If that article is true, someone at Disney doesn’t have his/her head on straight. I’d rather use that money on a extra day or tickets to Cirque du Soleil.

Or one of those fancy tours!

This news just seems so… un-Disney like?:confused:

I have to agree with what’s already been said. There’s no way we’d be going there and spending that kind of money. I can’t imagine how they could even consider this right now given the current economic climate.