Disney's Night Kingdom

Has there ever been a discussion about Disney “maybe” opening an adult only park next to DTD? I know maybe a few years ago when I was in Florida I heard on TV that they were discussing an adults only park called Night Kingdom which would only be open from 4pm-midnight and consist of rock climbing, ziplines, some sort of safari tour with night vision goggles and a few other things and would be pretty costly and have a very limited admission. Anyone ever hear anything more about this?

Well did some research myself and found an article in the Orlando Sentinel about Reedy Creek’s projections for the next 10-15 years and the Night Kingdom project seems to be dead. The 5th park projections are all over the place but Imagineers are always working on new ideas. I personally would like them to just “add on”, refurbish or change attractions then to add a 5th park.

I just get a little thrill every time I hear that they are working on something new. A new park would be wonderful, but am looking forward to the refurb of MK being done in 2013. I wish I could see into the future to know what will come next!

I really don’t want an adult only park… wdw is the place i go to get a break from being an adult.

here ,here…I second that

Agreed. Would rather than make more of the AK and rehab some oldies.

Looking forward to DW’s and mine first adults-only trip to Sandals next year for my brother’s anniversary…don’t want an adults-only area @ WDW, for reasons already mentioned.

I have to agree with you all. I would like them to work on making things really fresh or updating info in the educational or future areas. They have enough to worry about like the resorts, and in some ways bringing back the magic in area. They already did an adult area and I am happy they closed it. They do not need an area that cannot get them the financial return they would need. People mainly go with the kids and most cannot afford the child care to go to a adult only park. Not to mention that adventure stuff can be done close to home. Thrill rides and visiting childhood friends and princesses takes a few days drive or a flight.

I don’t care how, just give me more coasters!
I hate having to hop between 3 different parks in order to ride only 6 coasters when I can ride 6 different coasters in one park if I go to Busch Gardens, and 4 of those coasters kick the stuffing out of any coaster Disney has built anywhere in the world so far.
Even better, if I were to go to Cedar Point, Great Adventure, SF Great America, Magic Mountain, or Kings Dominion, I could easily ride 10 and as many as 18 different coasters in one day, depending on the park.

I too would love more coaster’s…but not sure if we ever will really get them. With the time we are in I feel Disney is happy for the most part with what they have, as people all over the world are still going to come to Disney with or without new coaster’s. just my two cents, not that I have much cents lol

I believe just adding to the present parks would be the right way to go…here in CA they added the second park that never really tok off and are constantly tweaking it…it will in the next couple of years finally be a otrue destination park…with its own personality,maybe then it will have a different meaning on the DCA(DON"T COME AGAIN )…to do come again …it is always different for disney because even now all parks appeal to all ages …while some other amusement ventures cater too teens …here once again in CA’S magic moutain has had many ,many problems on there grounds concerning drawing the wrong kind of person,disney has to be careful not to cross that line…going to a park and feeling safe is the way to go…

I heard that one of the big reasons that Pleasure Island failed is because most adults come to the parks with their kids and want to spend time with their kids. Not enough were willing to ditch their kids in the room for a night out.

I don’t see Disney making this mistake again. WDW is a family resort and PI failure kind of underscored this.

SG I hope they put build out more of AK and add a coster or 2. Disney isn’t built to be a 1 day resort. They make money getting you to go to park after park. Don’t expect them to concentrate thrill rides in one part. They will continue to spread them out across the parks to help keep people at the resort spending money on and in the parks.

I have heard rumors of them opening Office Park. You can run the cubical maze, get slashed at the water cooler flume ride, ride the ups and downs of office politics. Sounds like a really fun relaxing park!

Tigger, I don’t care that WDW isn’t built to be a one day experience. Not in this context.
Each of the parks needs more thrill rides because both children and adults are looking for more thrilling rides than they used to. Why else would so many 7 year olds line up again and again for ToT? Along that line, each park needs to eventually have at least 4 roller coasters, because generally, coasters are the top of the food chain (along with rides like MIB and Spiderman) and that is what is expected. That is the biggest reason that the last three new rides in Epcot were TT, Soarin’, and MS. That’s why Everest was added to AK, and that’s why 10 years after it opened, the Studios got their coaster and recently got the Toy Story shooter. That’s why, with the exception of Peter Pan, the longest waits are always for the signature thrill rides in all of the parks.
Studios, Epcot, and AK all need more rides, none of those parks is exactly overbuilt.
Not when you consider that Disneyland and DCA combined supposedly have as many or more attractions as the 4 Florida parks combined.

Another reason I think Pleasure Island withered away was that the entertainment offered didn’t keep up with what guest would have wanted. Why else would House of Blues and Cirque be even more vibrant today than when they opened? The comedy club never got around to presenting name comedians (at least in my knowledge). Not sure what happened to the jazz club. The only thing that seemed to consistantly get heavy foot traffic was the Adventurer’s Club. Finally, we have the nightly “New Year’s” celebration with the lame classic rock band and the even lamer fireworks at midnight.
PI was in serious need of an overhaul.

my understanding was PI had many issues ,but more about the locals than the disney patron visiting,also the clubs sat idle for most of the day…and they now do it a little different you can still buy a beer or drink on the same locations outside ,revenue per square foot is what it is all about and disney didn’t be;ieve they were getting the right revenue,out of all the clubs the one I miss the most is the comedy club,it was lways on our list when we went …it was alot of fun and a great interlude on a long trip…also PI was there for the conventioneers crowd and with economy the way it is some conventions have gone to the sidelines for now

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1033559]Tigger, I don’t care that WDW isn’t built to be a one day experience. Not in this context.
Each of the parks needs more thrill rides because both children and adults are looking for more thrilling rides than they used to. Why else would so many 7 year olds line up again and again for ToT? Along that line, each park needs to eventually have at least 4 roller coasters, because generally, coasters are the top of the food chain (along with rides like MIB and Spiderman) and that is what is expected. That is the biggest reason that the last three new rides in Epcot were TT, Soarin’, and MS. That’s why Everest was added to AK, and that’s why 10 years after it opened, the Studios got their coaster and recently got the Toy Story shooter. That’s why, with the exception of Peter Pan, the longest waits are always for the signature thrill rides in all of the parks.

Another reason I think Pleasure Island withered away was that the entertainment offered didn’t keep up with what guest would have wanted. Why else would House of Blues and Cirque be even more vibrant today than when they opened? The comedy club never got around to presenting name comedians (at least in my knowledge). Not sure what happened to the jazz club. The only thing that seemed to consistantly get heavy foot traffic was the Adventurer’s Club. Finally, we have the nightly “New Year’s” celebration with the lame classic rock band and the even lamer fireworks at midnight.
PI was in serious need of an overhaul.[/QUOTE]first to survive ,then to enjoy…it is one of lifes little pleasures…my philosophy is you only come this way once,and this is not dress rehearsal,so enjoy …life offers NO guarantees

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1033559]Tigger, I don’t care that WDW isn’t built to be a one day experience. Not in this context.
Studios, Epcot, and AK all need more rides, none of those parks is exactly overbuilt.
Not when you consider that Disneyland and DCA combined supposedly have as many or more attractions as the 4 Florida parks combined.
[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, there are plenty of us who go to Disney because there aren’t as many coasters! I hate coasters/thrill rides/etc and would much rather spend my money and time at Disney where I can do more than at Universal etc where I’ll be sitting out most of the time.

On the Night Kingdom topic, I agree, focus on developing the existing parks more. I’m still waiting for the dragon on the AK sign to be relevant again… :closedeye

I agree with Princess Jill. We wouldn’t go to WDW if it was all thrill rides. We live next to 6 flags and only go there because DS wins a ticket for reading. We go for the reward for him, we hate the rides. WDW has something for everyone though, but focusing on thrill rides would kill that.

While I love the thrill they are not what drives me at Disney. The resort is an escape from reality. The rich impressiveness of the theming the envelope of customer service and safety lends itself to the suspension.

I hope that Disney stays focus on creating and maintaing this environment first.

[QUOTE=tigger;1033629]While I love the thrill they are not what drives me at Disney. The resort is an escape from reality. The rich impressiveness of the theming the envelope of customer service and safety lends itself to the suspension.

I hope that Disney stays focus on creating and maintaing this environment first.[/QUOTE]I agree completely but the need for more attractions is always there,is space mountain ineither park state of art no,but they are some of the more popular rides ,its about the disney experience,also mickeys philarmagic is pure entertainment …I see it every time i get a chance, it is entertaining and I love to marvel at the enginuity of the disney imagineers…the american idol experience draws 1000 people per show and about 3-4 times that for the finale…another unique disney experience…disney is about more than just coaster rides …but like I said in the opening another one at each park,would be great if nothing more than thinnig the wait times and giving people more to take in

Thanks! and I agree with you completely too!!

Keep moving forward!!