Disney's Vero Beach Resort

We are planning on extending our vacations this June to include 2 or 3 nights at Disney’s Vero Beach Resort… we have never done Vero Beach Resort…
Any input? likes or dislikes? is there Disney Magic there?

Thank you…

It’s a nice beach cottage type place. Not a resort type area with lots of tourist trap businesses and high rise hotels.

Disney is evident, but it’s not WDW. Great place to unwind.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1030357]It’s a nice beach cottage type place. Not a resort type area with lots of tourist trap businesses and high rise hotels.

Disney is evident, but it’s not WDW. Great place to unwind.[/QUOTE]

So its more like a nice quiet place to vacation…

the vacation after “i just went to Disney World vacation”:blush:

It has been a few years since I went but it was very quite. There wasn’t much to do outside of the resort. There was a small mall nearby so one night we went to the movies. The time we went, there was a large storm off shore. It didn’t effect our weather but it made swimming in the ocean an impossibility. The surf was too ruff. There were a lot of surfers late one afternoon and I remember watching them from my balcony.
The pool was awesome and the highlight of our trip. We went in early September and the resort was empty. They played Disney music at the pool every day but at a low volume. I think they do come out once a day and have pool games and loud music like they do at the WDW resorts. Because there is no theme park to keep everyone busy, there are more traditional resort activities throughout the day and night. They have some of the same stuff you will find at the WDW resorts like arts and crafts for the kids but they also have a telescope and do star gazing. One night they have a huge campfire and the cast members handed out sticks and marshmallows. They sang songs, like I said, it was a long lime ago but I remember having a lot of fun at it.
The restaurants were good. There are 2 Restaurants, Shutters and Sonya’s.
I would compare Shutters to Olivia’s at OKW. Sonya’s is more elegant but still casual. More like the Turf Club at SSR. When we were there they had a rotating feature menu item or items that changed and repeated based on the day of the week along with standard items. For example one night they had crab legs and they were fantastic. I suggest checking out their menu when you arrive in case they are serving something you really like on a particular day so you can plan accordingly.
The Green Cabin Room is the bar. We had a great lunch outside on the porch overlooking the ocean the day we arrived. They had simple pub grub on the menu. At night they would have some live entertainment.
Bleachers is near the pool and was like Goods, Food to Go, over at OKW. When we were there they opened in the morning so you could grab a quick continental breakfast and eat it outside.
It is a great place to spend a few days, I wouldn’t want to spend a week unless you really love doing nothing but hanging out at the beach all day.
I should mention that the staff was exceptional.

Awsome info!!! Thank you!!!