Disney's Yacht Club - daybed or rollaway?

We will be staying at the Yacht Club for the first time in late September. I have been looking at photo’s of the daybed online and it seems a little narrow. One review noted it was smaller than the daybed at the Poly resort. We are anticipating that my son will be sleeping on it. I am not concerned about the length, but the width. He moves around alot in his sleep (he is almost 11 yrs old and just under 5 feet tall). I would love to hear from those who have slept on the daybed . Am I better off requesting the rollaway bed ? I dont mind paying the extra fee if it means a more comfortable night’s sleep.

You may want to see the daybed when you check in and if it isn’t a good size, ask them to send up a rollaway for the night. I have seen the daybeds at BWV and they are pretty small, but not unworkable by any means.

I believe they’ve actually slowly been replacing the tiny daybeds with larger, comfier ones. There is a thread on the DISboards where people post their room photos, and the dinky little daybeds which appeared to be nothing more than a cushion on a wooden frame are disappearing from photos and being replaced with a couch-looking daybed. And apparently, some rooms have two daybeds.

Here’s the room thread - Disney Resort ROOM Picture Thread Index page 93 - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com and here’s the daybed I’m talking about - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Single Post - Disney Resort ROOM Picture Thread Index page 93, The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Single Post - Disney Resort ROOM Picture Thread Index page 93

In comparison to the old one - The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - View Single Post - Disney Resort ROOM Picture Thread Index page 93 (Yacht Club, but same deal)

It looks like the new daybed folds down like the daybed at the GF, so it’s wider than just the cushion, unlike the old daybed where you simply removed the back cushion and slept on the bottom cushion.

According to the FAQ Thread on DIS, there are currently two types of daybeds - “One that sleeps a normal adult, and one that sleeps a small child.” If you have a family of five, you’ll be guaranteed a room with a daybed, but there’s no way of knowing which daybed you’ll be getting.

I called Disney and they did say there are two different sized daybeds. They couldn’t note my reservation since I had a travel company make the reservation but my agent could request the bigger bed in a refurbished room. So I was in touch with my agent and she made a call to a cm at disney and confirmed the info. Then she noted my reservation. So we will see what we get in sept.