Disneyworld Weddings?

I was just curious if anyone of you fine fellow mouse buzzers had any info on any of the wedding packages offered at Disneyworld ? I don’t need exact prices, just ballpark figures would be good. And if you could tell me a little bit about what the packages include ? This will be a very small wedding, only the bride and groom, to be exact. Thank you for your help !

woah woah woah… weren’t you just here a couple weeks ago saying you hoped to meet a girlfriend? hehe, did we miss the middle of this story? :tongue:

Anyway, I’ve looked into them in the past and I know they can run the gamut from pretty affordable ($8-10k ish) all the way to over $50k. SOOOOO much depends upon [the red wheel barrow] where, when, how, and what. The possibilities are endless. They have a wedding website that would be good to check out. But yeah, if you were just talking about the minimal amount of guests and just the basics required it can be comparable to an average priced (albeit larger) wedding elsewhere.

MickeyMcFizzle, Peppertink, & ReadyToGo are good people to ask for advice. I am sure they will see this. :smile: When I got married in 2003 we decided on something different so I am not an official pro.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;917206]woah woah woah… weren’t you just here a couple weeks ago saying you hoped to meet a girlfriend? hehe, did we miss the middle of this story? :tongue:

Anyway, I’ve looked into them in the past and I know they can run the gamut from pretty affordable ($8-10k ish) all the way to over $50k. SOOOOO much depends on [the red wheel barrow] where, when, how, and what. The possibilities are endless. They have a wedding website that would be good to check out. But yeah, if you were just talking about the minimal amount of guests and just the basics required it can be comparable to an average priced (albeit larger) wedding elsewhere.

MickeyMcFizzle, Peppertink, & ReadyToGo are good people to ask for advice. I am sure they will see this. :smile: We decided on something different when we got married in 2003 so I am no official pro.[/QUOTE]

he he…my thought too:closedeye

My DH and I were married in DisneyWorld back in June 2002 on sunset pointe at the Polynesian. There was 4 of us total for the wedding (DH,myself,bestman,and maid of honor). I did everything thru disney weddings. This included: Hotel,airfare,wedding cake,photographer,flowers,minister,music,hair,makeup,site location, tuxedo rental and limo. I think thats about everything and the total for all that was just a little under $10,000.
I’m not sure if this is going to help you or not, but maybe it will give you a little idea of what it cost back then. From what I have heard and read Disney has changed some things with how they do weddings now. Have you checked out their website at all?
If there is any other other questions that you have please feel free to ask me and I will do my best to try and help you.

Yeah weren’t you just a few days ago still decidnng who to take with you ??
Btw…dd5 & I would be glad to join you…as long as my husband doesn’t mind. But then again he would probably be glad to get rid of us for a few days!!!

Do it. It was easy and Awesome. :smile:

TR here.:smile:

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/47815-happily-ever-after-trip-report.html

We renewed our vows in July and there was only the 4 of us! I think it was about the $4000 mark, but we had to pay for the Rev on top. We got a limo for 4 hours, and choice of venue, cake, music and photos (we chose to go with an outside photographer but that’s not so easy any more!)
Try this site for more info! Disney Weddings > Escape > Get Started

It is soooo easy and a great day!

If I ever meet prince charming I would love to get married in DW, this would be a dream come true!

[QUOTE=Ready2Go;917232]Do it. It was easy and Awesome. :smile:

TR here.:smile:

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/47815-happily-ever-after-trip-report.html[/QUOTE]

Yeah…what he said:happy:

rob and i got married down there in September of 2004 and though we went with a custom wedding, at the time, it only cost us, (and this includes wedding, reception, and week stay) just about $10,000! we only had about 30 guests and had a wonderful, wonderful time!!

i want to get married in disney and have everyone dress up as their favorite disney character…but i have only one problem…i need the man that wants me…anyone have anyone that would be interested in a 35 yr old with an 11 yr old daughter that wouldnt mind getting married in disneyworld…let me know…

How excited would your daughter be…to have her mom getting married in Disney?! awesome!!
best of luck finding someone!!

well her comment was she wants to be dopey…thanks. i want to be grumpy. it would be awesome and alot of fun…

ha… I have an obsession with Disney Weddings. Disboards has a wedding planning forum, and there’s a bunch of brides on there who are or have planned their weddings. You can get an estimate of price and the work it takes to plan a wedding on there. Very interesting, but very long threads. Took me hours to read like five (and I skim over conversation).

where are these disboards is it another forum? sorry!

:laugh:[QUOTE=DiZ NeE O8;921222]where are these disboards is it another forum? sorry![/QUOTE]

Are we allowed to advertise other forums on here? :confused: :laugh:

Well, it’s The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin - huge forum. I like mousebuzz much better. :happy: Just found the wedding “pjs” interesting.

According to the Disney Weddings website their “Escape Collection” is for 18 guests or less, and starts at $4,500.

www.disneyweddings.go.com

[QUOTE=AmandaM88;921239]According to the Disney Weddings website their “Escape Collection” is for 18 guests or less, and starts at $4,500.

www.disneyweddings.go.com[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is correct. But not all wedding locations will accommodate 18 guests.

Are we allowed to advertise other forums on here? :confused: :laugh:

Well, it’s The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com - Powered by vBulletin - huge forum. I like mousebuzz much better. :happy: Just found the wedding “pjs” interesting.[/QUOTE]

Don’t worry you are. Especially in areas where not a ton of MB members have experience.

Isaiah, I’m a little worried. You just created and joined the singles group like a month ago! :laugh: Something you’re not telling us?