DL room question

:happy: Hi! In April of '08 we will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel with a preferred view. What are these rooms like, and can you get a roll-away bed? Are all DLH rooms non-smoking? Thanks!!

Hi,
The rooms are all non smoking. The preferred view is a standard room with a little better view sometimes a pool view. We had a view of Down town Disney. We had a king bed and also requested a roll away for our daughter. The room size was OK. The rooms are very Disney! They are also clean. We always request the Sierra Tower.
Robin

Yep what she says! You can always request whichever preferred view you…prefer. haha… Just remember that it is only a request, but they do try to accommodate those request. One thing about the tower names. I believe they are already referring to the towers by their “new” names…

Thanks!..I heard there is “pixie dust” on the walls??

Yep on the pixie dust. Be sure to look around the ceiling when the lights are off. Everywhere in the room are little hints of disney.

We too had a prefered view overlooking the pool. The rooms are nice. Ours had 2 queens and a couch that was also a convertable bed. Rooms had a small TV though…not that you watch it very much. Rooms also have a safe hidden inside the armoire next to the tv. Becareful with that… DD started pressing buttons and we had to have maintenace come and reset it for us. Had a nice size desk for writing all those post cards. Rooms had coffee maker, iron, etc… kinda the standards these days. Theming was nice. They also have a nice media area for the younger kids to play, watch Disney shows, etc. & a gym. They have a nice character breakfast with Lilo near the lobby. We also got he newspaper each morning. At night you can see the fireworks from the deck near the pool… and they have piped in the music as well… nice plus… after a long day in the park.

Thanks…it sounds wonderful!! Did you stay in a suite? If the room has 2 queens and a sofa bed that would be awesome!!

Nope, that’s a standard room. I don’t think they all have daybeds but we always get one because we have five people in our room.

No, nothing special… we were a pary of 4.

The last time we stayed at the DL, we had the end room on the 8th floor facing DTD. It was an extra large room that I believe was designed for a disabled person. It wasn’t as big as a Suite, but much bigger than a standard room.

We stayed on the 14th floor of the Paradise Pier resort and everything was “Disney” and everything was great! We ate at the GC, and DLH also when visited them. Liked just walking around with no “buses” to ride. I thought DD was actually better than DD in Florida.