DLH Renovation/Remodel

The Disneyland Resort has officially announced the Renovation and Remodel of the Disneyland Hotel. The Interior, Exterior and Hotel grounds will be completely remodeled and renovated. The Hotel will be finished by 2012, it will remain open during the project and will be done in Phases. The project begins in August of 2009.

The link to www.mouseinfo.com - below has the entire story along with pictures of what the new Standard Guest Rooms will look like. Enjoy!

Disneyland Resort Announces Significant Renovation of Disneyland Hotel - MouseInfo.com

OMG! That is TOTALLY gorgeous, since the DL Hotel is my favorite DL resort hotel I am very excited about this! WOW, I can’t wait for allllllllll these updates to be done in DCA & now the DL Hotel! Next time we go I won’t recognize the place. :laugh:

Wow! The rooms are going to be beautiful!!!
We have tickets for the special viewing area for Fantasmic…err…Summer Nightastic…for our trip in July, hope that pesky fire breathing dragon is ready:laugh:

We stayed in the Disneyland Hotel for the first time last November. It was just DH and I on our first trip away w/o the kids. I think we may need to plan to revisit in 2012 to see the renovation…but this time we will definately bring the kids!!
Thanks for the update!

Hmmmm…I just read the article and while I LOVE all the changes and look forward to seeing it all completed…I do have one concern. It says that the sliding glass doors of the rooms will be removed and replaced with an energy efficient window. I’m assuming these windows will now be “fixed windows” and no longer able to open? I thought the opening glass doors were a very endearing part of the hotel design…I will definately miss it.

The sliding doors will be removed, but its also a good move on Disney’s part as it is another safety issue being addressed. After the man jumped to his death from the 14th floor from his room of the hotel tower he was staying in a few years back, the resort has wanted to since then be-rid of the sliding doors, plus the new windows will help keep rooms cooler during the summer and warmer during the winter.

[QUOTE=Peppertink;969043]Wow! The rooms are going to be beautiful!!!
We have tickets for the special viewing area for Fantasmic…err…Summer Nightastic…for our trip in July, hope that pesky fire breathing dragon is ready:laugh:[/QUOTE]

As of now the resort is shooting for mid july to have it up and running, no tentative date has been set. When are you going? I will be there for a few days in mid july for my little summer trip while off from both jobs, maybe if we are there during the same time we can do a little M&G?

Whoa, did that happen at the Disneyland Hotel?!
I’m all for better safety, it was just a special detail that struck me as unique and beautiful. I will definately miss it. It is too bad some bad apples ruin things for others.

[QUOTE=Mickey Mom;969056]Whoa, did that happen at the Disneyland Hotel?!
I’m all for better safety, it was just a special detail that struck me as unique and beautiful. I will definately miss it. It is too bad some bad apples ruin things for others.[/QUOTE]

Yup, happened back in like 07 if I recall correctly? Or somewhere around that time.

See, it’s SUCH ashame that some idiots have to ruin it for everyone. I LOVED opening my sliding glass door to take pictures of the pool from above & DtD. I like to people watch from up there. Even thought it was just a TINY little spot to get fresh air it was nice. :sad: DANG IT! I will greatly miss those sliding glass doors.

I completely agree. And while I understand the benefits of removing the doors, there really isn’t any difference between the sliding glass doors at DLH and any resort/hotel w/balconies. We had a view of DTD and loved opening the door for fresh air and taking pictures and people watching. It made for a relaxing evening.