DME and flight Departure of 7:30 AM

Can anyone tell me how it works when your departing flight leaves Orlando at 7:30 in the morning? Can you check baggage at hotel the night before or do you have to load it onto the bus the morning of your departure, unload at airport, and check it in at airport?

I had a very early morning flight using DME. We carried our own bags down in the morning to the DME bus stop and were picked up in plenty of time to make it to the airport. I don’t recall them giving us the option to have is down there already, but that’s not to say it’s not possible to do so now. This was quite a few years ago when we did this.

I believe the DME desk opens early, maybe 5 am but I dont think that’s early enough for you. You should get a paper with exact hours at your resort when you get your pick up time. If the check in desk isn’t open you’ll have to take it to the airport and check it there.

The Resort Airline Check-in desk at each resort opens at 5:00 a.m. The transaction needs to be complete by no later than 3 hours before flight time, so therefore, unfortunately, any flight that departs before 8:05 a.m. or so is ineligible to use RAC.

It’s NOT possible to use RAC the day before your flight; it’s against TSA regulations. The RAC desk closes daily at 1:00 p.m. anyway.

And by the way, don’t go looking for a “Disney’s Magical Express” desk at your resort, there won’t be one. Resort Airline Check-in has nothing to do with the DME bus service

It makes sense I will not be able to check in at the hotel prior to the flight. Will the hotel ask for our luggage to be placed outside our room for DME pickup the night before or will be expected to bring the luggage with us in the morning to the bus?

To the best of my knowledge, you have to bring them down yourself.

You can call bell services at least 20 minutes before you’re ready to leave your room and they will come get it and take it down for you or you can take it down when you go. You won’t have to load your luggage on the bus but make sure it’s gets on the bus with you. I think the driver even asks that one person wait to board the bus until your luggage is loaded. Never leave your luggage outside your door.