Do I need a GA card?

Hi All,
In planning our very first WDW trip I’ve come across the Guest Assistance card information. I’m wondering whether I should fill out a card for my son (asthmatic) and myself (Type 1 diabetic). Any advice is appreciated! :blink:

Hi All,
In planning our very first WDW trip I’ve come across the Guest Assistance card information. I’m wondering whether I should fill out a card for my son (asthmatic) and myself (Type 1 diabetic). Any advice is appreciated! :blink:

Welcome to MouseBuzz. I’ve been to WDW many times with a diabetic and a GAC has never been needed. This person is fine in his daily life and he continued to be fine even on vacation. Just eat like you normally would and check your sugar. And your son should also be fine. I’m not sure that a GAC would be of any benefit for asthma either. Does he need anything special at school when his class does normal things? What about field trips? Other than making sure he has his meds with him is he other wise fine?

Welcome to Mousebuzz! I don’t have answer for you. I always thought the Guest Assistance Card only had to do with conditions that would not allow you to wait in long lines. Hopefully someone here can help.

Neither medical condition warrants a GAC. You won’t require special loading areas etc for either, so there’s no need. Bring inhalers! My daughter has asthma and we are always very prepared in the parks especially in the heat.

Hello and welcome to MB! Hopefully this will be your 1st trip of many.

I had typed out a reply but it’s floating somewhere in cyber space so now I have to remember what was in my previous post :pirate::laugh:
I have to agree with Dana. If you and your son are able to function daily everywhere else in society there is no need to get a GAC there.
Of our family of 5, three of us could probably qualify (mine being arthritis from a broken ankle and knee) because it’s sometimes difficult standing in long lines, sometimes impossible but with planning ahead like mentioned above it can be doable.
Could you imagine if 3/5 of the population got a GAC because they could :ohmy:
I’m not saying you would do this since I don’t know your situation so don’t get me wrong but so many that borderline qualify acquire it as a convenience to avoid long lines rather than the extreme which is who it was originally set up for.