Do I tell him?

My husband said to me yesterday “Your going to be 40 in April I’ll need to start planning your party” :pinch: How do I tell him that I don’t want a party I want to go to Disney WOrld? The big question is how do I tell him I would like to go by myself? If your asking why myself, it’s always been a dream to go at my own pace, eat where i want and see what i want. That’s what I really what for my 40th! :angry:

IMHO a woman only turns 40 once (thank goodness) and I think your wish should be granted! Be diplomatic and sweet and honest! If that doesn’t work, threaten him with the consequences of what will happen when menopause hits!! LOL! :tongue:

Just tell him that instead of a party that is your dream. Start laying the groundwork now. I hope you get to go! :mickey:

I have to be direct with my DH, he just doesn’t take a hint very well. I’d tell him I want to take a trip by myself for my birthday. I’d tell him I’d like to go somewere I have always wanted to go alone. Tell him just as you told us–a few days going at your own pace. I have done a little traveling by myself and it does wonders for the soul.
I hope it goes over well! Let us know :happy:

Good luck!! I understand – and it’s a special milestone, maybe even going alone could be kind of a rite of passage for you!

David

Lady’s listen up, we guys don’t do subtle OK. A smack on the side of the head we understand, little hints, no way. If you want something from us, just say so. Yes you might hurt our feelings, but generally we don’t remember that for too long either.

As far as seperate vacations, perhaps a different tack would be, take him along, but tell him he is on his own to golf, go racing, whatever. At least then he would be there in the evening for you. Remember, he will be having a big birthday at some point and might want to do Vegas or some such nonesense.

Just my not so humble opinion, your milage may very.

Well, some of us do… :wink:

David

My DH wanted to go to Vegas for his 40th so he went to vegas and I took DD to WDW.
He told me that is what he wanted and I did not feel bad at all. He went to Vegas with a few guys . I took DD to WDW we were all happy campers!

hey twins! I have gone to DL by myself and it was PHENOMENAL!!! I rode rides using the singles line, and I ate everything I wanted to eat, and I shopped slowly if I felt like it. And I saw the shows I wanted to see without hearing anybody ask if they can go to the Teacups instead! And I stopped to talk to gardeners. And I sat on a bench for a long time. It was so awesome! I was playing hooky from a business trip to Anaheim, but it would be a great birthday present, too!

The only way to do it is to just bite the bullet and just say it. Tell him exactly what you just said in this thread. Everyone deserves some “me” time and turing 40 is a perfect ocassion for just that. TEll him that the only thing you want for your birthday is a weekend at WDW for just you.

hey twins! I have gone to DL by myself and it was PHENOMENAL!!! I rode rides using the singles line, and I ate everything I wanted to eat, and I shopped slowly if I felt like it. And I saw the shows I wanted to see without hearing anybody ask if they can go to the Teacups instead! And I stopped to talk to gardeners. And I sat on a bench for a long time. It was so awesome! I was playing hooky from a business trip to Anaheim, but it would be a great birthday present, too!

THAT’S WHAT I WANT TO DO!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!

I agree with the others. Just be honest with him. Tell him its absolutely nothing personal, its just something you need to do!

i think you can plan a trip to WDW, have some sort of dinner party there and on the day of your birthday, do whatever you want by yourself. you can enjoy some peace and quiet and alone time, and do some of your favorite things on your birthday.

You have to tell men what you want. Not only are they not mind-readers, they are genuinely clueless most of the time. (sorry,guys) Just tell him.

Hey I resemble that remark!

I hate to say it looks around to see if DBF or DF is looking they are seriously clueless unelss you tell them directly. If you don’t object, they assume that the plan is fine. Not mind readers like us women at all. ducks from flying objects coming from the male Dcers I do hope you know I’m kidding.