Do the fridges in the rooms still have freezers?

I seem to recall people saying fridge in some resorts no longer have a freezer compartment. Anyone find this to be true? I don’t care if they were tiny. We would use them to freeze water bottles. Even though it took over a day to do it, it still froze. I know I could bring a small cooler pack with ice to the parks, but it’s nice just to have a frozen bottle of water.

No, they no longer have a freezer. But in many, if you turn them all the way down, food and water will slightly freeze. Not that that really helps.

So my choice it to have slightly frozen water or slightly frozen eggs and coffee creamer. Hmmmmm decisions decisions.

How about DVCs, anyone been in a resort that is new or just had rehab done?

In the studio rooms, I’m guessing they have the very same mini fridges the hotel rooms now all have. Of course, once you step up to a one bedroom unit at any DVC, you have an actual kitchen with actual appliances.

I know the fridges in DVC studios USED to be a little bigger that the one I remember in the value resorts from yrs ago. But that was back when you had to pay for one in value resorts. I have no idea what a fridge in the resorts look like now.

They are all one standardized size regardless of value, mod, or deluxe.
They have to fit into the dresser/TV table behind the designated refrigerator compartment door.
Consider, when you have to buy 25,000 refrigerators, you pretty much want to go with one standard model.
I can’t truly say what’s in the DVC studios as I’ve never stayed in one.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919094424]They are all one standardized size regardless of value, mod, or deluxe.
They have to fit into the dresser/TV table behind the designated refrigerator compartment door.
Consider, when you have to buy 25,000 refrigerators, you pretty much want to go with one standard model.
I can’t truly say what’s in the DVC studios as I’ve never stayed in one.[/QUOTE]

I will be staying in a studio at SSR in April for the first time…the pictures online (if they are current) show an open frig with 3 shelves…no freezer. …just FYI…

Major edit!
I just looked at the SSR kitchenette pics on All Ears and that fridge is a bunch bigger than the hotel room minis.
But the door was closed and my x-ray vision doesn’t work for photos on line.

Grrrrr I might have to look for some wider mouth bottles to bring to disney. Something I can get ice cube in. In the past I have thrown empty water bottles in the suitcase, at disney fill with 1/2 water 1/2 lemonade and then freeze. At the parks, drink as it melted and then threw away bottle. I (a) hate to pay 2 something for a bottle of water and (b) that’s fine if you drink it all down at once, but I tend to sip during the day. I don’t like warm water. I know I can get ice water at a CS, but again for me, it’s nice to have a cold drink to sip whenever.

We go in August when it’s 98… We never buy water…except with a meal…we take water bottles with us…attach them to our little backpack…and fill them up with cold water from the water fountains. We let the water fountains run a few seconds, and the water is not ice ice cold, but not warm either…I agree that warm water is yucky, but when its so hot, nothing we take cold with us in the morning would stay cold for very long so…this works for us…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919094427]Major edit!
I just looked at the SSR kitchenette pics on All Ears and that fridge is a bunch bigger than the hotel room minis.
But the door was closed and my x-ray vision doesn’t work for photos on line.[/QUOTE]

I have an awful time uploading pictures to this website now–so I don’t ever do a trip report, but here is a link (I hope) to a picture that shows the open refrigerator in a studio at SSR. As you said, it’s the same size as other resorts—like the one we have in POFQ.

You may have to scroll down a bit to find the picture of the door opened… Hope this helps anyone interested in frig size…

The DVC fridge IS bigger than the hotel room fridge.
I can’t estimate how much bigger, but it is bigger, it looks like there’s more room between the shelves, and the door is different.
I’d be a happier camper if they put the DVC minis in the hotel rooms.

(I see what you mean about attaching files. What a pain.)

Oh you’re right…comparing them there is a difference. We don’t use the frig much so it doesn’t matter to me, but I do know many that need and use them. The one at SSR looks like the size my daughter had in college a few years back…except hers had a small freezer…

Just returned from a stay at CB, no freezer in our fridge.

This is a plot from disney to force you to buy cold drinks in the park. Well, I’m not falling for it. I’ll just pass out from dehydration, so there. Then they’ll be sorry, cause I won’t be able to spend money shopping if I’m flat out on the ground somewhere.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1919094434]The DVC fridge IS bigger than the hotel room fridge.
I can’t estimate how much bigger, but it is bigger, it looks like there’s more room between the shelves, and the door is different.
I’d be a happier camper if they put the DVC minis in the hotel rooms.

(I see what you mean about attaching files. What a pain.)[/QUOTE]

Wow , the DVC fridge looks huge compared to the resort fridge.

…just take a water bottle and get cold water from the water fountains…that’s what we’ve been doing for years…

Thank you for those who persevered in posting pictures. I haven’t seen pictures posted in a looooong time.

I discovered a trick that I think we’ve all been missing when posting pics.
When you click the “+Add Files” button, that second window opens.
That’s the confusing part.
In the lower right corner of that window is a hyperlink labeled “Basic Uploader”.
Clicking that gives you a new window headed with the words “Upload Files from your Computer”. This has the familiar “Browse” button and an “Upload” button that uploads your selected pic and inserts it into the post, almost just like it used to do.