Do you have an ipad? Then you're in LUCK!

Take a magical tour of Walt Disney World with the new iPad app:

"Want to see more of Walt Disney World? Well, if you’re one of the cool kids on the block and have an iPad, you can.

Disney World’s official iPad app hit the iTunes store this week, and it appears to have plenty of both Disney and Apple magic."

Read about it here :smile:

Walt Disney World iPad app lets you tour theme parks - OrlandoSentinel.com

I am going to DL the app to my iPad before I leave in a couple weeks :smile: Cool!

Yay! Thank you for posting this! My family’s gonna love that app!

I can’t wait to check this app out!

So, how’s the app? Hoping for a MB review before I dl it to my iPad…

Wow, quit a few have iPads. I can’t get myself to spend the money yet. iPad or homeless? :laugh:

Dopey, I just don’t think you’re missing out. I’m currently typing this on an iPad (because my laptop is very sick), and it is… Fine.

We did NOT purchase this; it was a door prize. It’s fun, it’s nice, it’s a pain to access the apostrophe, i’m certainly not sorry we’ve got it… I just wouldn’t go out of my way to replace it if something happened to it and I’m glad I didn’t buy it!

The best thing it does is entertain the 2 year old!

[QUOTE=Andrea;1055938]Dopey, I just don’t think you’re missing out. I’m currently typing this on an iPad (because my laptop is very sick), and it is… Fine.

We did NOT purchase this; it was a door prize. It’s fun, it’s nice, it’s a pain to access the apostrophe, i’m certainly not sorry we’ve got it… I just wouldn’t go out of my way to replace it if something happened to it and I’m glad I didn’t buy it!

The best thing it does is entertain the 2 year old![/QUOTE]

I was toying with having one too Andrea, but I have the IPhone 4 and an Ipod Touch and from playing with an Ipad at the Apple Store, to me its just a huge Ipod touch? What do you think, is that a fair appraisal? I’d hate to spend money on something I really have already got?

[QUOTE=Andrea;1055938]Dopey, I just don’t think you’re missing out. I’m currently typing this on an iPad (because my laptop is very sick), and it is… Fine.

The best thing it does is entertain the 2 year old![/QUOTE]

I am glad you said that. I feel like my life is run by gadgets as it is. I watch Disney behind the scenes on netflix :laugh:

My oldest DD is playing with the app right now, and she loves it. The photos and 360 tours are fun, and all of my kids have enjoyed playing with it. But, I am talking about the kids who used to get on the Disney website and look at all the resorts online when they were little and dance to the different themed music for each resort. :laugh:

I would love this app. I actually bought an Ipad and took it back to Best Buy. Why? Just like you guys said above, it is a big glorified Ipad touch. It is alot of fun, just not worth the money it costs to buy it.

steve jobs…disneys largest shareholder…the good thing is these apps soon will be available to everyone on every device…

Thanks- sounds like fun!

As for the iPad, I vetoed my DH at first, but then he surprised me for our anniversary and I’ll never hear the end of it if I return another anniversary gift!
I never had an i-anything. For me so far, it’s a laptop, an e-book reader, music player, movie player on our long trips… so although I didn’t expect it, I am glad I have it.

[QUOTE=leslieh;1055969]Thanks- sounds like fun!

As for the iPad, I vetoed my DH at first, but then he surprised me for our anniversary and I’ll never hear the end of it if I return another anniversary gift!
I never had an i-anything. For me so far, it’s a laptop, an e-book reader, music player, movie player on our long trips… so although I didn’t expect it, I am glad I have it.[/QUOTE]

I love our iPad as an ebook reader. My son, an avid reader, was home sick one day last spring and finished his book. I bought him the next in the series he was reading on iBooks without even leaving the house. I know a lot of people don’t like the idea of reading a book not in book form, and I sort of agree, but iBooks is so convenient. I’ve read a few books on my iPhone, and if I hadn’t had them on my phone I wouldn’t have had the book with me when I left the house.

I have an iPhone so I dont think Ill bother with the iPad but this app does sound really cool, though Im sure you can do similar 360 tours online so I don’t feel like Im missing out too much! There are enough WDW apps on my phone to keep me entertained!

Yep, that’s pretty much how I feel too- went into Best Buy again today and had a little play with the Ipad, but just doesn’t quite do it for me- now the Mac book Air…sigh

I went into an Apple store yesterday and tried it out… just to get the feel of the keyboard… as well as the MacBook Pro.

It’s the like heavens parted and the angels started singing. :laugh:

But unfortunately my budget only accomodates the equivalent of a sky with some clouds and some guy singing on a street corner. :pinch:

I wish I didn’t need a new computer. :glare:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1056084]I went into an Apple store yesterday and tried it out… just to get the feel of the keyboard… as well as the MacBook Pro.

But unfortunately my budget only accomodates the equivalent of a sky with some clouds and some guy singing on a street corner. :pinch:

I wish I didn’t need a new computer. :glare:[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh::pinch:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1056084]I went into an Apple store yesterday and tried it out… just to get the feel of the keyboard… as well as the MacBook Pro.

I wish I didn’t need a new computer. :glare:[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I know that feeling too! Ah well maybe one day…

Ok, I can’t find it. App store search sucks.