Do you have to have a smart phone to use FP+?

We just a very simple pay as you go cell phone. It doesn’t show movies, dispenses snacks or prints photos. We use our phones on avg. once a day. At disney, that may go up to three a day.:laugh:

So with the magic bracelet, how are we suppose to remember our fastpass times? Carry a paper, and write everything down? Will there be screens all over the place to check?

Hey JoJo… I don’t have the answer to your question, just wanted to say hello.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1137717]We just a very simple pay as you go cell phone. It doesn’t show movies, dispenses snacks or prints photos. We use our phones on avg. once a day. At disney, that may go up to three a day.:laugh:

So with the magic bracelet, how are we suppose to remember our fastpass times? Carry a paper, and write everything down? Will there be screens all over the place to check?[/QUOTE]

Disney’s MyMagic+ FAQ - Disney Tourist Blog

I haven’t read the whole article but it looks as if you do indeed have to have a smartphone app for this…I don’t know how it works if you don’t…this is really unfair…

We used the Disneymagic app on our phone last summer, and the only part that I was impressed with was the quick access to dinner seating available the day of…other than that, the ride wait times and such were not always up to date…we didn’t use it for anything but finding a place to eat!!

Thanks for noticing me…said in my best Eeyore voice :happy::happy:

Thanks for the link, this is what I found.

[B]What about guests without smartphones?

While a smartphone is necessary to use the My Disney Experience app, it is not necessary to use MyMagic+. Guests can pre-book their FASTPASS+ experiences from home or on kiosks set-up within the parks. Kiosk locations are still somewhat TBD, but are likely in Town Square Theater at the Magic Kingdom, Sid’s at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and near the park entrances at Epcot and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The user experience likely won’t be quite the same for those who can’t make adjustments on the fly with the My Disney Experience app, but a smartphone is still not required to partake.[/B]

So it does sound like a pain for us without smart phones.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1137722]Thanks for the link, this is what I found.

[B]What about guests without smartphones?

While a smartphone is necessary to use the My Disney Experience app, it is not necessary to use MyMagic+. Guests can pre-book their FASTPASS+ experiences from home or on kiosks set-up within the parks. Kiosk locations are still somewhat TBD, but are likely in Town Square Theater at the Magic Kingdom, Sid’s at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and near the park entrances at Epcot and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

The user experience likely won’t be quite the same for those who can’t make adjustments on the fly with the My Disney Experience app, but a smartphone is still not required to partake.[/B]

So it does sound like a pain for us without smart phones.[/QUOTE]

I thought they would have to make SOME provisions for those without smartphones…but this just sounds like an “appeasement”… as everyone who reads here knows, I am not happy about the whole FP+ thing anyway… It is going to force those of us who do not plan ahead of our trip to have to do so—or never get on a good ride (or spend the whole trip in the regular line) Perhaps Disney is thinking that for those of us who don’t want to plan ahead, we will increase our time there so that we can accomplish everything on a day to day basis??? :laugh::laugh::laugh: Good marketing tool…

But–it sounds like without a smartphone, the only option to change or modify once you are there will be those Kiosks… sorry.

Got mine last night. Unimpressed. Uncomfortable fit, and it STILL can’t link my annual pass with the number on my pass. “Invalid number.”

Got to be one **** of a cost to producing & shipping these bands too.

I have sadly come to the conclusion that the world and technology have passed me by. I don’t want my phone to entertain me. I want it to transmit phone calls. That is all. Fortunately I am beset by smartphones on all sides around here. I do believe my daughters have had them surgically attached to their hands. Apparently they are unable to function unless they check their phone first to see if it’s ok to do so. Their conversations with me (although calling it a “conversation” is a bit of an oxymoron, as I am the only one doing the talking) consists of - “umm? yeah? wha…? really? right… oh… Uh- what?” And that’s on a good day.

As for myself - I expect to be a new exhibit in Carousel of Progress any day now…and not in the “Christmas scene”.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1137741]Got mine last night. Unimpressed. Uncomfortable fit, and it STILL can’t link my annual pass with the number on my pass. “Invalid number.”

Got to be one **** of a cost to producing & shipping these bands too.[/QUOTE]

I think the guy with the tutu must have friends at disney’s IT department. :ph34r: He has ways to you pay for those pictures you posted. :eek:

[QUOTE=llama;1137744]I have sadly come to the conclusion that the world and technology have passed me by. I don’t want my phone to entertain me. I want it to transmit phone calls. That is all. Fortunately I am beset by smartphones on all sides around here. I do believe my daughters have had them surgically attached to their hands. Apparently they are unable to function unless they check their phone first to see if it’s ok to do so. Their conversations with me (although calling it a “conversation” is a bit of an oxymoron, as I am the only one doing the talking) consists of - “umm? yeah? wha…? really? right… oh… Uh- what?” And that’s on a good day.

As for myself - I expect to be a new exhibit in Carousel of Progress any day now…and not in the “Christmas scene”.[/QUOTE]

…you are almost on your way!!! Have a great time… Can’t wait to hear all about your WDW trip!!

I KNOW! And I can’t believe how totally organized I am! All I’m doing now is sitting and waiting…

while Neil keeps changing clothes???

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have a great trip, can’t wait to hear all about it.