Do you tell the waiter

when asked when greeted by a waiter if you are on any dining plan,do you tell the waiter the answer and why is it necessary to tell them…your thoughts…The reason why I ask is if you are on the TIW tables in wonderland program they are going to get 18% no matter what…1 person up to whatever they are going to get a minimum of 18% no matter what

Unless they ask, I don’t say anything. Most of the time, it doesn’t make a difference to the quality of service, but there’s always that ooooooooone server.

We ran into a situation at Via Napoli that apparently after she told us all of the options, I asked if something was on the dining plan and it turned out that several things were not included. So we had to re-do our order.

My review will be in the TR I promise to get to… it is not :slight_smile: though!

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1088754]We ran into a situation at Via Napoli that apparently after she told us all of the options, I asked if something was on the dining plan and it turned out that several things were not included. So we had to re-do our order.

My review will be in the TR I promise to get to… it is not :slight_smile: though![/QUOTE]

We always use the TIW, I didn’t think of some things not being on a plan.

My “one” was at T-Rex (not really Disney, but still). We sat there for an HOUR waiting for her to clear our plates and bring a bill. We would have flagged her down if she was anywhere around, but she had disappeared entirely. When she did finally come by she was completely unapologetic, acting like everything was fine. Because she knew she was getting her 18%. :angry:

Lesson learned. I don’t mention anything unless they ask.

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1088765]My “one” was at T-Rex (not really Disney, but still). We sat there for an HOUR waiting for her to clear our plates and bring a bill. We would have flagged her down if she was anywhere around, but she had disappeared entirely. When she did finally come by she was completely unapologetic, acting like everything was fine. Because she knew she was getting her 18%. :angry:

Lesson learned. I don’t mention anything unless they ask.[/QUOTE]

My “one” was at the garden grill. Her name was Katrina. She said something like “how are you” and we said “fine, how are you”. Well, she starting telling us how tired she was and her shift just started, she helped her mom move, her mom’s rent was raised, living over at ??? was awful, etc. Katrina was even nice enough to sit with us (after I moved my stuff before her butt crushed it) and keep us company while we were trying to eat. Well, as she was talking, we stopped eating and she just went on and on. I wanted to find a manager, DH said to forget it.

We should start a “Horror Servers” thread.

I met up with Dana, dhoughton & HoneyBear for a mini meet & greet at the Rose & Crown. It was dhoughton’s birthday and Dana had arranged a cake for a surprise.

Well - our server…poor girl - she had just started and she was so confused - but that would have been ok - along with the confusion she was homesick and kept crying - and I kept trying to make her feel better - and the more I tried, the worse it got…and she got every order mixed up - and every check mixed-up, she forgot the birthday cake we ordered, and not knowing the surprise was coming, dhoughton proceeded to order dessert - which she sat there and ate - all the while Dana and I knowing that SOMEWHERE out there was the cake we bought!:laugh: Then she had a complete breakdown and disappeared and some other server had to figure out the mess, and find the cake (which we had to carry back to Dana’s resort - totally uneaten cause dhoughton was too full to eat it). To this day Dana and I can’t figure out if we even paid for the cake! (which my husband ended up eating anyway). The whole thing was such a mess that I don’t remember what we tipped her, if we tipped her - I don’t think it mattered - I think she skipped out and was on the first plane back to England.

[QUOTE=llama;1088797]We should start a “Horror Servers” thread.

I met up with Dana, dhoughton & HoneyBear for a mini meet & greet at the Rose & Crown. It was dhoughton’s birthday and Dana had arranged a cake for a surprise.

Well - our server…poor girl - she had just started and she was so confused - but that would have been ok - along with the confusion she was homesick and kept crying - and I kept trying to make her feel better - and the more I tried, the worse it got…and she got every order mixed up - and every check mixed-up, she forgot the birthday cake we ordered, and not knowing the surprise was coming, dhoughton proceeded to order dessert - which she sat there and ate - all the while Dana and I knowing that SOMEWHERE out there was the cake we bought!:laugh: Then she had a complete breakdown and disappeared and some other server had to figure out the mess, and find the cake (which we had to carry back to Dana’s resort - totally uneaten cause dhoughton was too full to eat it). To this day Dana and I can’t figure out if we even paid for the cake! (which my husband ended up eating anyway). The whole thing was such a mess that I don’t remember what we tipped her, if we tipped her - I don’t think it mattered - I think she skipped out and was on the first plane back to England.[/QUOTE]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Sry for all the problems but that is one of the funniest stories i’ve ever read on here.

[QUOTE=llama;1088797]We should start a “Horror Servers” thread.

[/QUOTE]

I remember that.
Gail and I were supposed to join you. Dana had made the reservations, but they got all fouled up to the point that we wound up doing something else for dinner that night.

That meal was doomed from the start:ph34r:

Sry for all the problems but that is one of the funniest stories i’ve ever read on here.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing! lol!!!

I have to say that thankfully using TIW I have never had a problem (now saying that I will in Oct). In fact we have had excellent service and I will tip more the 18% for great service!

we have also had good luck,but a couple of times it is was hard to tell if it was because we told them that we had TIW,one will never know…

I tell when asked. But we’ve had the TIW card for years and I have to say that we’ve never experienced an issue of particularly bad service that we remotely thought was due to the CM-Server knowing they are getting 18%.
Hee, hee, actually, I’ve never been told it is even on the bill. It is plainly noted, but servers don’t tell you about that. AND there is a spot for a “tip” left blatantly blank on your bill.
Frank