Do you think Disney should have a park dedicated to the retired rides?

It would be nice to see the old rides again.

I have a piggyback question, what are some retired rides? I can’t think of any off the top of my head.

I can’t remember yesterday, so the rides are fine missing w/me.

ROFL Boss…
Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and 20,000 leagues under the sea are two I would love to see again at WDW. I think Mr. Toad is still at DL… not sure.

A lot of those rides went away because of lack of interest in them or cost to run and maintain. I think Walt summed it up…Keep moving forward.

(personally I would love to be able to ride some of the old classics but…)

I think that would just be tired and very sad. There are certainly things that I miss, but I don’t think that would be right.

[QUOTE=zoey9797;1035810]ROFL Boss…
Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and 20,000 leagues under the sea are two I would love to see again at WDW. I think Mr. Toad is still at DL… not sure.[/QUOTE]

Mr Toad is still in Disneyland and they resurrected 20,000 Leagues in 2006 with a Finding Nemo overlay.

I’m not sure if there should be a park for the retired rides, especially as I’ve been advocating a new coaster and thrill dominated park and many of the closed attractions are some of the tamest.
But I would like to see 20,000 Leagues return in its original form mostly because I never made it to WDW before it was killed.

By the way, speaking of closed rides, in the past few years a few of my favorite wooden coasters have ceased to exist because the park closed and the ride couldn’t be moved or a buyer wasn’t found or in the case of Hercules at Dorney Park and Psyclone at Magic Mountain that were simply torn down because some riders felt they were too rough and have been replaced or The Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas which had its first drop severely attenuated.
At Universal, of course King Kong and Back to the Future are gone although now in California and we’ll assume sometime soon in Orlando, there will be a new King Kong ride themed to the recent Peter Jackson remake.
I miss the Miami Vice stunt show and that’s gone for about 13 years now.
But we can’t always get what we want, can we?

I would also love to see 20,000 Leagues. I never got the chance to go on it and it looks like it would have been a spectacular ride. I’ve heard that the Nemo sub ride in DL is fun but I don’t think it would have the same charm as Captain Nemo!

I felt taking Leagues out was the right choice. Dated and not much fun at all. I was bored. I felt even CoP was more exciting that Leagues, jmo.

>>Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and 20,000 leagues under the sea are two I would love to see again at WDW. I think Mr. Toad is still at DL<

I was at DL a few years ago and not only was Mr Toad’s ride there it was christened as a “Classic” with a very nice designator plate on it.

I’d love to see Classics like Mr Toad, the “original” Figment attraction, Horizons, WOM,… Capt Eo IS coming back so that’s great. How about Walter Cronkrite doing the voice of Spaceship Earth again…I like Country Bears too.

Frank

Want to take a ride out… Take out It’s a Small World…My DW makes me ride that a few times every trip. Then I have that stupid song stuck in my head…LOL

[QUOTE=tigger;1035811]A lot of those rides went away because of lack of interest in them or cost to run and maintain. I think Walt summed it up…Keep moving forward.

(personally I would love to be able to ride some of the old classics but…)[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you!

mission to mars and if you has wings - classics…

what about rides that were changed (not necessarily for the better) like tiki room and el rio del tiempo…i miss that ride music…

[QUOTE=chris24;1035886]mission to mars and if you has wings - classics…

what about rides that were changed (not necessarily for the better) like tiki room and el rio del tiempo…i miss that ride music…[/QUOTE]

The new tiki room is just horrible…it is a travesty…a monstrosity…just beyond words awful. I wish they would either update it again or revert back to the classic.

You can find the sound track to Mission to Mars online. Download it get into a comfy recliner dim the lights to almost dark and then play it…to get the full effect make sure you have a good stereo setup, setup a few other Disney space area music (like the entrance for SM). Relax with the area music, get your mood adjusted, then listen to the sound track…as good as you are going to get.

Frank, I think it would be difficult to swap in Walter Cronkite in to the update Spaceship Earth, if not next to impossible. Remember, you can’t use the old narration script for the updated ride.
The original Figment, Horizons, and World of Motion are all attractions I never experienced, nor did I get to ride the skyride high over the Magic Kingdom.
But Walt did say, “keep moving forward” as well as “Disneyland will never be finished” which means by extension no Disney park will ever be completed, even the water parks I guess.

Tiki Room? I’m a Gilbert Gottfried fan so I accept the new version, but I’ve also done the original Tiki Room in Disneyland, original because it is still the original show and not “under new management”.

>>I think it would be difficult to swap in Walter Cronkite in to the update Spaceship Earth, if not next to impossible. Remember, you can’t use the old narration script for the updated ride.<,

I agree with you. It would be impossible. But a nice thought<g>
Frank

I believe rides are retired for a reason. So that’s why in my opinion it would be stupid to have a park to retired rides.

You are right on Justin. Couldn’t agree more.

>>I believe rides are retired for a reason.<<

I agree, but sometimes what they put in their place really doesn’t do the old ride justice.
Figment 1 is still far and away the best and would be popular today.
Horizon’s and WOM were dated. I tried Mission Space and Test Track. Not happy with the former, but like the latter. I really miss Mr Toad. I’m ecstatic that Capt Eo is coming back.
Star Tours needs to be updated.
Can’t believe we don’t have the Indy “ride” at WDW.
Is it just me or does everyone ALWAYS get soaked now on Splash??<g>

>>So that’s why in my opinion it would be stupid to have a park to retired rides<<

I agree. I really don’t think that was the ultimate meaning of the question… more like did they replace the old with a better new.

Frank

Two words.

Alien Encounter.

But I’m with Walt, Keep Moving Forward! But ofcourse, there will ALWAYS be timeless classics :wub: