Does anyone know the exact days of POTC closure?

I have an upcoming visit to Walt Disney World and was worried when i heard that Pirates of the carribean was to close for refurb. Can anyone tell me when the exact days of closure are because me and my family are worried that we will not get to ride Pirates of the carribean,
Thanks, Cav.

They’re saying March-July 7th. We’re going in June and are going to miss it, so we’re pretty disappointed!

OH… We will miss it aswell, it’s our favorite ride, oh well i just hope that nothing else closes.

I’ve heard that March 1st will be the start of the 4-month rehab, with the opening date July 7. Nothing official about dates has been released yet.

Arrgh. It’s a Pariot’s life for me…

Allears.net is reporting:

Pirates of the Caribbean in the Magic Kingdom will close March 1, 2006, for a rehab that will see the addition of new characters and features from the popular film, “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.” The attraction will feature the addition of buccaneers Captain Jack Sparrow and his nemesis Barbossa, who will add a twist to the attraction’s old storyline as they race to be the first to claim a cache of plundered treasure. The attraction will reopen on July 1, just in time for the July 7 debut of the new movie, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.” Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland Resort in California will also close in March and will reopen on June 24.

Bruce

Wow, that’s a long time to go without such a popular attraction. I can’t wait to hear from someone who goes in July how it looks.

Okay, so here is the scoop on the Pirates rehab dates. I even have a picture of the posters hanging around work to verify my information. :mickey:

March-Early April and May-Late June: Pirates of the Caribbean attraction closes for refurbishment at the Magic Kingdom

Mid to Late April: POTC attraction is open at the Magic Kingdom for guests’ enjoyment, but with no new elements (I have been told they will be replacing the boats during the first phase of refurbishment)

July: POTC reopens and the movie debuts

Since POTC is in my area, these refurbishments affect us a lot. So I will be sure to keep you all updated with new information. :mickey:

Why isn’t the WDW web site listing this yet?

Thanks for the inside edition Ging

We will be there for the refurbishments - I think I am going to :blow:

I’m jumping the barrier and going in … WHO’S WITH ME?

ME! I will…you know I will! :pirate:

Thanks, gingita. It looks like there’s no hope for late May, darn! My DS is going to be bummed about this, it’s one of his favorites.

Thanks for that info gingita!!
It’s great to have an insider right here at dc!!

EEK! Ginger - that poster is WAY too coooool!!!