Does anyone know

Does anyone know who the woman is whose voice is heard frequently on various recorded announcements all over Epcot? Among other things, she’s the voice of the countdown announcements for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth: “In just a few minutes, Epcot will present IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. The show can be experienced all around the World Showcase Lagoon. Due to lower light levels during the show, please watch your step and take small children by the hand. Get ready, because tonight’s celebration of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth will begin in just 5 minutes.”

This same woman does all the announcements for the Candlelight Processional, the Flower Power Concerts, the Eat to the Beat Concerts and various other things. I’m used to hearing her at Epcot and honestly can’t recall if her voice is used in the other parks.

I’ve heard this woman’s voice so much over the years that she almost seems like an old friend. I just wonder who she is.

It IS a rather nice voice, isn’t it? There’s something very comforting about it.

Yes, it is a comforting voice – I guess that’s why she seems like an old friend. I just keep wondering who she is. Is she a WDW employee? Is she a professional narrator who tapes the announcements somewhere else? Is her voice heard at Disneyland, etc. etc.?

WoW PH, I think this is a first for a least myself. You asking a question instead of answering them. And always in a great way, may I add!! :huh:

Gee, Franco, I hope that doesn’t make me an obnoxious know-it-all!? :eek: Seriously, thanks for the kind words. :wink:

My guess is it maybe Dena Dietrich. She has done a lot at EPCOT. She was also Mother Nature in the famous commercial “It’s not polite to fool Mother Nature”

Just a guess though.:smile:

Well I’m not sure about Epcot, but I do know the lady who did the spanish announcement for Wishes. She works in Entertainment with me for WDW. So it’s very possible whoever does the voiceover is an employee.

Rowdy, if you get the opportunity do you think you could ask your co-worker if she knows who it is? I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

You know I do remember someone saying it maybe was the Lady from the Luau.

Yeah Rowdy if you could find out that would be cool. :smile:

According to my exhaustive research, the woman who does the Epcot announcements is Mary Thompson Hunt. She’s one of the improv comediennes who performs at Pleasure Island’s Comedy Warehouse and does a variety of other performance work at WDW such as conventions and special events. She also has appeared at the Adventurers Club.

What I want is to get a copy of Chrissa’s Top Seven Must-Sees. We loved Chrissa!!

Well, I don’t have any knowledge of the woman’s identity, so thanks to PH for getting that info. But I did want to put in my 2 cents about her voice. I just love hearing her. Normally I hate hearing an announcement about how much longer I have to wait, but her voice is so hypnotic… I just love her… :wub:

I wonder if the Illuminations announcing woman is married to the Monorail announcing man??? And they are going to have little announcers of their own someday! And at night, they give each other a little goodnight kiss and say, “Illuminations will begin in five minutes,” and “Por favor, mantengase allejado de las puertas!” LOL

And then their offspring could go around making little announcements:
“My diaper will begin loading in five minutes. Stand by for changing, por favor”

That’s a little racy :wink: …I like…but very funny :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But they got a new monorail guy… I’m devestated. Why would they do that? The old monorail guy RULED! The door opening part is still the same guy, but all the rest of the recording is a new guy. What’s up with that?

But to answer your question, yes, they are married, and yes, they do make announcements like that all the time, like at dinner parties; “Welcome to our home. Our home is a no smoking environment, except for in designated areas. Please refrain from flash photography and external video lighting. We hope you enjoy your visit to our house.”

Wouldn’t that be awesome… :biggrin: