Does anyone know

the name of the restaurant that was in (then) Disney/MGM Studios that had character dining? It was in August 1996. We walked in and no one was there and we were seated immediately. We had the Aladdin, Pochahantas (sp?) and Hunchback characters. I am trying to scan in a picture but my scanner is not working properly!

Thanks!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;855629]the name of the restaurant that was in (then) Disney/MGM Studios that had character dining? It was in August 1996. We walked in and no one was there and we were seated immediately. We had the Aladdin, Pochahantas (sp?) and Hunchback characters. I am trying to scan in a picture but my scanner is not working properly!

Thanks!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

Where was it situated?

A picture from the lunch

I can not remember. For some reason I think it was close to the Backlot Tour but I can’t say for sure, my mind could be playing tricks on me!?

Lisa

Got the pics scanned in…Not the best copies but you get the idea!

Was it the Soundstage Restaurant?

OMG!!! I just googled that and it was RIGHT!

Wow! You MBers work fast!

Thank you so much! You are so awesome!

Lisa

[QUOTE=lisalovesmickey;855655]OMG!!! I just googled that and it was RIGHT!

Wow! You MBers work fast!

Thank you so much! You are so awesome!

Lisa[/QUOTE]

Yea, I’m happy to have helped. Have fun looking back through all those pictures, there must be a ton of memories.

Wow, that looks like a character restaurant we would have liked. I don’t thing they have enough character meals geared towards boys.

Love the pics, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, thats what I did today. Pulled out the old scrapbooks and took a stroll down memory lane! I showed Ty and he can’t get enough of the pictures. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this earlier!

Lisa

use those materials… have you gotten your free planning DVD? It was great to show it to my little ones to look at to see the fun of Disney without it being to long. We used to watch it everyday (when Dad was at work of course)…

We ate at Soundstage in 1995 IIRC (our first time at WDW as a family), and it spoiled us. There must have been at least 20 characters that came by the table during the meal, and we thought that all character meals were like that.

The Playhouse Disney attraction occupies that space now.

Bruce

We eat there too… it was our first full day… in November of 1996

YES! I totally remember that restaurant being where Playhouse Disney now sits. I believe we only ate there once, maybe in '95, and it was a great experience. It’s funny how many little things change in WDW over the years and we’re reminded of these things in old pictures, scrapbooks, etc.

[QUOTE=brumcg;855749]We ate at Soundstage in 1995 IIRC (our first time at WDW as a family), and it spoiled us. There must have been at least 20 characters that came by the table during the meal, and we thought that all character meals were like that.

The Playhouse Disney attraction occupies that space now.

Bruce[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have pictures with Rob and more than one character.

This was my first trip and we just stumbled upon this gem!

Lisa

I could not remember the name of this when you first posted the thread but now I do recall that that was it’s name. I remember we stumbled on it one day and decided to try it out. We just walked right in ( aahhhh those were the days!). I remember Aladdin coming to the table and my hubby was out out as Jasmine was not to follow! LOL!

I just love reminicing about old trips. So fun!