Does anyone trust the Disney Dining Site?

Of those who know me, our trips are “go with the flow” and I very rarely make ADRs. Last night, dh said he would enjoy 'Ohanas for a meal when we go in January. Well, I just spent over 30 minutes on the phone with Disney trying to renew my AP, and didn’t realize until I hung up that I forgot to set up that ADR also, so I went on line to take care of it. Does anyone besides me think it’s very odd that of the 7 days in a row that I tried for dinner at 'Ohanas, that the only dinner opening each and every night was 9:20pm? Something doesn’t seem right to me on that. I guess I’m trying to avoid another long wait on the phone, but I’m thinking I may have no choice but to double check with them that its correct.

We’ve always had good luck with the dining site when setting up reservations. That said, if I couldn’t get what I wanted on line I would call and double check.

'Ohana is a popular restaurant and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s booked for a stay in a couple of months. However, it is strange that there’s nothing for two open for an entire week. If it is booked keep checking online because people cancel more often with the required deposit.

[COLOR="#0000CD"]Just tonight I did use the dinning site. I did worry if it was right , so I did call and it did work great.[/COLOR]

That doesn’t seem odd to me at all because that place is almost totally booked for all ADRs prior to 8pm from 180days…I use the site daily - no problem.

That doesn’t seem odd to me at all because that place is almost totally booked for all ADRs prior to 8pm from 180days…I use the site daily - no problem.

There’s some real bugs that need to be worked out here at Mousebuzz.
Posts seem to never post, but if you close the page and open it back up, the post is there.
Also, I’ve been asked quite a bit “if I wanted to leave the page I’m on” when I hit post.

I’d say Dana just found that same bug.

As for trying to get a reservation at 'Ohana, that’s pretty normal to have a hard time getting that reservation.
I’ve used the site for a while now and have not had any problems with any reservation I’ve made.
If you really feel the need to hear a human tell you that there are no openings, go ahead and call WDW-DINE and see if anything is open.

One trick that a CM taught me was to play around with the size of your party.
I wasn’t able to get California Grill for a party of 2, but had no trouble with a party of 3. I think in the past I’ve made reservations for a party of 5 but when I checked in at the restaurant, I told them other than my wife and myself, the rest of the party could not make it. Nobody ever bats an eyelash. No problem, here’s a smaller table.

I always make hard copies and save e-mail confirmations in my files…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1139850]
As for trying to get a reservation at 'Ohana, that’s pretty normal to have a hard time getting that reservation.
I’ve used the site for a while now and have not had any problems with any reservation I’ve made.
If you really feel the need to hear a human tell you that there are no openings, go ahead and call WDW-DINE and see if anything is open.

One trick that a CM taught me was to play around with the size of your party.
I wasn’t able to get California Grill for a party of 2, but had no trouble with a party of 3. I think in the past I’ve made reservations for a party of 5 but when I checked in at the restaurant, I told them other than my wife and myself, the rest of the party could not make it. Nobody ever bats an eyelash. No problem, here’s a smaller table.[/QUOTE]

I just made a few ADRs with the $10 no show up fee and asked if one or two can’t make it, do we still have to pay the fee? Her answer was yes. This was the first I heard of that, so I’m not going to worry until I get closer to the trip. But for us, I don’t see the issue. We need a table for 5, the question is if my brother is coming, if so we need a table for 6. Seems to me, that would be the same table.

I always make a reservation for 4 even though we are only 3,reason is sometimes relatives friends or whoever might join us if Disney tries to charge me for the missing person simply put there will be **** to pay…they created this 6 months out nightmare,vacation is supposed to be fun and to enjoy yourself,but with all this free dining and promos it is getting a little tight…I have already locked in my reservations for next april…I hope it goes well …that being said has anyone noticed how unvaried some menus are getting we nixed citicos this year,why the menu features the same beef ribs or whatever on many Disney restaurants…yes some items are different but even the last time we went the waiter said that is a battle that the chefs deal with recently is the diminishing choices they have to be able to put on their menu.

going to try this saying to see what gets blacked out …to **** and back…find it interesting…like it was a **** of a ride…get my drift …OH well

how about that table for 3?

Thanks for everyone’s input. I just grabbed a Friday night ADR for 9:15pm. Fireworks are scheduled for 8:00pm at MK that night, so figured we would watch them from the Poly beach, and then stroll in for dinner.

That sounds like the best plan you can go with right now. Maybe keep trying for that earlier reservation if you still want it??

Beth, the fireworks look better from the TTC ferry landing. It’s a clear shot to the main entrance and more of the castle is visible. Watch from there and then hop a monorail to the Poly. That is if you don’t feel like a 7 minute walk.

I tried to post and nothing happened.
I did a refresh and this is what I got:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Chicago’ for ‘CST/-6.0/no DST’ instead in …/includes/functions.php on line 4912

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Chicago’ for ‘CST/-6.0/no DST’ instead in …/includes/functions.php on line 5104

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Chicago’ for ‘CST/-6.0/no DST’ instead in …/includes/functions.php on line 5104

PS: Now my post also showed up.
Somebody really needs to debug the new site and forum. There’s plenty of glitches and no countdown timer.

Fixed the errors, I was working on something, and had to released them for a second while I updated a file to fix the problem. Should be gone for good now.

Oh, no countdown for a while, it was overheating the system, so I had to uninstall it.

But how will we know when our vacation is here? :laugh:

I’ve never had problems with the DD site. What I think we’re seeing is result of 180 booking and DPs including “free” dining.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1139877]But how will we know when our vacation is here? :laugh:

I’ve never had problems with the DD site. What I think we’re seeing is result of 180 booking and DPs including “free” dining.[/QUOTE]

a couple of times the dining reservations system was down while we were there and the restaurants couldn.t pull up the reservations so one time I had hard copies and another my smartphone came in real handy.