Does anyone's spouse not get, "It?"

I love Disney and all things Disney, I love the parks, the relaxing resorts, great restaurants, and other areas (DTD, water parks, etc.).

Now I love being there and being around other like minded families who want a good, wholesome time with each other.:laugh:

Problem is, I believe my wife sees it as, “Another theme park.” Same as Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, blah, blah.:sleeping:

Disney has Disney quality, plussing everywhere, and Disneyfied attitudes with the Cast Members. Those other place, although fun, don’t have these traits.:glare:

How can I get wifey, wifey to see this? This happen to anyone else?:confused:

Sorry, can’t help ya. DW luvs WDW as much as I do.

[QUOTE=yohoho;956282]I love Disney and all things Disney, I love the parks, the relaxing resorts, great restaurants, and other areas (DTD, water parks, etc.).

Now I love being there and being around other like minded families who want a good, wholesome time with each other.:laugh:

Problem is, I believe my wife sees it as, “Another theme park.” Same as Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, blah, blah.:sleeping:

Disney has Disney quality, plussing everywhere, and Disneyfied attitudes with the Cast Members. Those other place, although fun, don’t have these traits.:glare:

How can I get wifey, wifey to see this? This happen to anyone else?:confused:[/QUOTE]

That is so much like my husband. He would much rather hit a car show then take a trip to Disney. I go ALOT with out him. My kids(other than my oldest) LOVE all things Disney, but not my husband. I have to face the fact that we are very different in what we like to do for fun. I could not sit at a car show and think that is fun. That is what makes us so differsnt.

As a born Disney fan myself, I have been lucky enough to watch my DH develop the same love for Disney over the years that I have grown up with.

I do however, get the odd “you’re going to Disney again?!” “Why do you go so often?” “What is there left for you to do?” from co-workers etc. Over the years we have come to realize that you either “get” Disney or you don’t. You can’t change those who don’t see the magic.

I don’t have any suggestions to help your DW. The only thing I can say is, keep on loving Disney and maybe one day the magic will start to spread to her too.

I think you either love Disney or just endure it. I have been lucky enough that my DH loves Disney just as much as I do, maybe more. It is alot of fun to have someone who understands the “Disney Thing” in your life. I wish you luck! Maybe she’ll come around.

My husbands HATES Disney. I was able to get him to go 3 out of 7 times.He refuses to go and listen to anything I have to say about planning disney. For me I’m used to it.

Yep!!! I am with ya. I think we feel each others pain. Well,it used to be painful but like you, I am used to it and work around it. It makes trips much more pleasureable. I would love for my husband to love it like me but hey, you can’t win them all.

I will say, she loves the resorts we go to. And I do plan (without letting her know) to do a “Daddy and Mommy” only trip to The Grand Floridian next year.
She likes the restaurants too. I guess it’s just the parks she’s not too fond of. If we stayed a couple of nights at the DYBC, she would’nt fight me on it.
I guess it’s only fair, when she talks, “Busch Gardens” I’m like:blow: and then talks about Wild Adventures I’m all :pinch:, but when she agrees to go to Disney, I’m :crying: with joy!

[QUOTE=yohoho;956282]I love Disney and all things Disney, I love the parks, the relaxing resorts, great restaurants, and other areas (DTD, water parks, etc.).

How can I get wifey, wifey to see this? This happen to anyone else?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Yohoho I was in the exact same position you are in now. One thing that really helped me start to get DW excited about Disney is I recommended she make some of the ADR’s for character dining. Once she saw how much her family enjoyed something she had a hand in planning I saw a serious change in her attitude toward our trips. Now she really looks forward to experiencing new restaurants or any other plans she made.

Oh wow, I guess I am lucky we both love the World equally.

I’m like mickeyspal. My dh loves it more than I do, if that’s possible. Maybe if you showed your dw the more adult side of Disney. A spa treatment, a romantic dinner at one of the nicer restaurants. Maybe she’d enjoy cruising around on one of the lakes or parasailing. Does she like miniature golf or horseback riding? There’s all kinds of things to do other than the parks. Good luck. Hope it works out for you.

First you need to get her really, really drunk … then OUCH! Who pinched me?

While my husband loves to go to WDW, I think a lot of his “love” is just being away! I know he thinks I’m obsessed with the whole thing. Don’t get me wrong, he wears his WDW jacket and his shirt with Mickey on it, but he just rolls his eyes every night when I get in bed to watch TV and turn on my laptop to catch up on all the boards.

I can’t relate, DH and I absolutely LOVE disney!

DH tolerated Disney for a while and now he likes it, but I don’t think he will ever love it as much as I do. He HATES the planning…I get to do all that (gee like that is a chore for me) Once he is there with DDs he becomes a different person and has even come up with some really cute ideas to document each trip. He once asked me “If we keep going so much won’t it will lose it’s Magic”…ummmm, hello I am 37 and it is still magical for me.

Give it time and let her see how much your children love it and it becomes a whole different experience…afterall she is a Mom and there are just certain things that will melt your heart when your child experiences them for the first time at WDW.

Okay- after the first trip I was so beat & overwhelmed I thought I would never go back… we went back the next year. I tried to have a better attitude & really take a proactive approach to the planning & guess what~ it was 200% better! I fell in love- mind you my DH still loves it more but I think what won me over was the realization that it wasn’t so much HIS love for WDW as his love to see our kids having such a great time & his effort to make the most & best memories with them before they’re all grown up~ I just love that!!

DH and I both went for the first time together, when we were dating. It was 1997. That trip started my obsession! We bought timeshare that trip. DH LOVED Disney and Florida in general. We loved how much there is to do in the area!

Fast forward 17 trips later, DH couldn’t care LESS if we ever went back. HOWEVER, he KNOWS we are going every year, no matter what. He endures it…and he DOES have a hand in the planning, too! Well, the ADRs. He LOVES going to great restaurants, and I love that he likes to help me with ADRs. We have also been renting DVC points these last couple of trips and he LOVES the quality of the Disney resorts. So much that after all these years, we FINALLY bought into DVC this past November!

So while my DH DEFINITELY DOESN’T GET “IT”, we all still have a great time and I can’t ask for anything more. I come here for my daily Disney fix!:happy:

Not in this house ! Were not sure who is the bigger Disney nut.

I don’t think I could marry someone who didn’t love WDW. I don’t expect him to love it as much as I do… I just need my future hubby to love it enough to go there over and over again (therefore spending a lot of money on it!). :laugh:

My Disney has to compete with his Michigan. As a kid, dh grew up spending the summers in Michigan with his Grandma. Now that we have a family of our own, we have been blessed with the opportunity to have a second home there. He just doesn’t get it, that every weekend of each week, he has the opportunity to go there, whereas I’m stuck with once a year for my favorite place in the world. Just tonight, I suggested we surprise the kids for a Christmas break trip. His response “but you just got back” (from a 3 day trip with Mom). Why do I have to justify I want to go more often to my place, when he gets to go anytime he wants to his. Seems kind of like a double standard, but as everyone else has said, I get use to it.