Does AP get free valet for resort dining

I thought I remembered that it did, but I’m not sure it still does??

Basically if you drive over to another resort, if you have an AP, do you get free valet… obviously a tip is in order, but the usual resort valet is a bit steep now.

I think the AP gets you free parking at the parks??? Am I correct on that one?

Thanks.

Frank

Don’t know about AP, but TIW does get free parking for dining.

Great. I have both
thanks
frank

AP definitely gets you free parking in the parks. Not sure about valet parking - my dh always says the walk will do us good.:glare:

>>AP definitely gets you free parking in the parks. Not sure about valet parking - my dh always says the walk will do us good<,

ROFL. Sounds like my wife!! I can’t remember the last time we took the “boat” between DHS and Epcot. … LOTS tougher in the heat of the summer though.
Frank

No the AP does not offer free valet parking. If I remember correctly, at one time it did though

If u are driving from say Beach Club to the AK -DVC to have dinner at Sanaa, will they give u a problem about parking.
I’m sure paying the daily valet fee can b steep.
Hopefully they would let u just self park.

Frank

We used our TIW for free valet parking last week many, many, many times. It was great. We used it to park at the Grand Floridian for breakfast then jumped on the monorail to MK for the morning, back to GF for a late lunch and then back to our resort, the Yacht Club. It was so convenient. It is a great perk with the TIW.:happy:

>>Grand Floridian for breakfast then jumped on the monorail to MK for the morning, back to GF for a late lunch and then back to our resort, the Yacht Club<<

That’s pretty cool. I was told that they gave you a time limit…

Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1016994]>>Grand Floridian for breakfast then jumped on the monorail to MK for the morning, back to GF for a late lunch and then back to our resort, the Yacht Club<<

That’s pretty cool. I was told that they gave you a time limit…

Frank[/QUOTE]

They never check, they will only ask you for your receipt from the restaurant you dined at for proof. Besides we had breakfast and lunch there while spending the entire morning at the park in between. It was so much faster than Disney transportation for sure. All the times we have used TIW for valet service they have never checked the time limits, so go valet and be happy! :happy:

Whoa. Problem with this –

I am absolutely sure that the TIW stipulation is that you use the resort lot while you are dining, NOT for while you are off at the parks.

Otherwise, absolutely everyone would buy a TIW card and use resort parking all the time for park visits, leaving no room for resort guests. WDW policy is clearly designed to have park guests in the park lots.

I would not be comfortable encouraging anyone to use resort parking while at the parks.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1017023]Whoa. Problem with this –

I am absolutely sure that the TIW stipulation is that you use the resort lot while you are dining, NOT for while you are off at the parks.

Otherwise, absolutely everyone would buy a TIW card and use resort parking all the time for park visits, leaving no room for resort guests. WDW policy is clearly designed to have park guests in the park lots.

I would not be comfortable encouraging anyone to use resort parking while at the parks.[/QUOTE]

I really think this is ok if you are using the Valet. If you are self parking, they want you out in 3 hours.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1017023]Whoa. Problem with this –

I would not be comfortable encouraging anyone to use resort parking while at the parks.[/QUOTE]

The reason I don’t see a problem with this is because we really do use it to eat at the restaurants in the resort. But if we also choose to go to a near by park, we are not going to drive back to our home resort and transport or drive over to another parking lot.

IMHO, I don’t believe we are manipulating the system, just taking advantage of a perk that we do pay for by purchasing the TIW.

Also, most resort guests do self park and the valet is used mostly for restaurant guests, which we are. And we do ALWAYS tip the valet.:wink:

I’m late to the party, but can report the same thing.
The annual pass doesn’t grant pass holders the benefit of free valet parking, only free park parking. TIW membership does give free valet parking (free not counting the tip when you drop off your car or pick it up that is:glare:).

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;1017066]The reason I don’t see a problem with this is because we really do use it to eat at the restaurants in the resort. But if we also choose to go to a near by park, we are not going to drive back to our home resort and transport or drive over to another parking lot.

IMHO, I don’t believe we are manipulating the system, just taking advantage of a perk that we do pay for by purchasing the TIW.

Also, most resort guests do self park and the valet is used mostly for restaurant guests, which we are. And we do ALWAYS tip the valet.:wink:[/QUOTE]

Apologies, but I want to reply so others can see both sides. :happy:

I DO see a problem with this, several in fact. First and foremost, it IS manipulating the system to park at a resort for a day at the park, because whether you use valet or not, you are imposing on others who wish to use the lots as well. If a bunch of people were to park for the day in the resort’s regular lot, there would be no place for people who are guests at that resort to park. Can you imagine how you’d feel if you pulled up to your resort one night only to be told that there was no place to park your car because all the people who came for breakfast lunch or dinner decided to ditch their cars in the lot to go to the parks? Or if you were coming for dinner and drove to the resort and wanted valet parking, only to be turned away because the valet lot is full with cars of the TIW breakfast crowd – No, I can’t see any way those valet lots were designed for long-term parking for park visits.

Second, if you look at the description of the benefits of the TIW card, you will see the phrase “for the purposes of dining” when it refers to the parking. This is from the Disney website:

•Resort valet services are complimentary to members, for the sole purpose of dining. This privilege will only be extended to one vehicle per membership card. Present your membership card with a valid dining receipt at the Valet Stand upon retrieving your vehicle.
•Theme Park parking is complimentary to members, for the sole purpose of dining. Before 5:00pm, please pay for parking at the Toll Plaza. Visit Guest Relations on your way out of the Theme Park, and if it has been less than 3 hours, show your membership card and dining receipt for reimbursement for parking. After 5:00 p.m., members can show their membership card at the toll plaza to enter the parking lot. Theme park admission is required for dining in all Theme Park restaurant locations. On Block-Out dates, there will be a charge for parking and valet services.

As for having paid for TIW… you paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $75 to $100. What if tons of people bought TIW so they could just get that parking discount all year? A lot of people would use it as “Parking In Wonderland” instead of “Tables In Wonderland.” They’d happily book a ressie at Poly just to be able to drive in and have a lovely parking spot right next to the monorail, then just ditch the restaurant altogether. I would never think you’d do something like that, but believe me, plenty of people would, convincing themselves that it’s OK because they get away with it.

It’s very convenient to leave your car at your home resort and use Disney transportation to get to the dining resort, then to the parks, then back to the home resort again at the end of the day. Door to door service! :happy:

[QUOTE=fjs08;1016958]If u are driving from say Beach Club to the AK -DVC to have dinner at Sanaa, will they give u a problem about parking.

Frank[/QUOTE]

No issues with parking especially since you will the Beach Club parking pass. You use either self-parking or the vale.

Even if you are not staying at a Disney own hotel there is no issue. When you pull up to the guard shack just tell them you are having a meal at Sanaa. They will ask for a picture id.

[QUOTE=fjs08;1016958]If u are driving from say Beach Club to the AK -DVC to have dinner at Sanaa, will they give u a problem about parking.

Frank[/QUOTE]

Resorts will not give people coming to dine in the restaurants a hard time about parking - why would they? The restaurants aren’t for the sole use of the people staying at that resort. Disney WANTS those restaurants full. They don’t care where you are staying, as long as you can show some id. We’ve never had a problem with parking - even when we’ve just driven over to a different resort to look around. They will always let you choose between valet or self-parking.

Parking for the day and going to the parks - well - it’s kind of like pool-hopping. You say to yourself “well, what can it hurt?” But times that by hundreds of other people saying “well, what can it hurt?” - and it does effect that resort and the people who are staying there. We stayed at WL one year before pool-hopping was banned. It was terrible - you couldn’t enjoy the pools, or even find a chair - hordes of teens from FW would come over to use the pool. Not very fair to those who’ve paid to stay there.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that if you pay for valet parking at your “home” resort, you are automatically granted valet parking rights at all other resorts that 24 hour period.
In this case, it isn’t like pool hopping, unless you’re a DVC member and you’re hopping DVC pools, which is allowed. (At least DVC members were allowed to hop to other DVC pools).

I had no idea!!! Does that include Stormalong Bay? Love to have a shot at that slide!!!

No - it doesn’t include Stormalong - it use to - but not anymore. I don’t think it includes the AK pool either.