Does baby food count as a liquid?

I just checked out the TSA site and it doesn’t really say! Formula/breast milk/juice does (can be over 3 oz) but nothing for jarred baby food.

Anyone know?

We have had no problem with it. When we last flew in Feb. We were able to take 2 sippy cups on board full of milk. We had to open both of them up, to be tested, but baby food, milk, juice etc, were not an issue on our flights.

Great! Do you have to declare the baby food? Does it have to be in one of those ziploc baggies like other stuff?

I found this on US Airways website:

What makes something a liquid or gel?
If you can pour it, pump it, squeeze it, spread it, smear it, spray it, or spill it.

I think I’ll call JetBlue today to make sure. The last I need is for the kids’ for to be thrown away if I don’t declare it.

Thought I’d follow up with my findings… Called JetBlue they said “not considered a liquid” and I did find this information on TSA.gov if anyone was interested.

Declare larger liquids. Medications, baby formula and food, and breast milk are allowed in reasonable quantities exceeding three ounces and are not required to be in the zip-top bag. Declare these items for inspection at the checkpoint.

I had the same issue a few weeks ago when I was flying…the TSA website is SO unclear on this stuff!!! I wanted to know if I could mix up formula BEFORE going through security, and no one could even answer that question for me. :dry:

When I got to the airport, I noticed a sign that said “The 3oz liquid rule does NOT apply to milk, baby formula, baby food or medicine”. Whew! :happy:

The TSA people were really helpful too; whenever they saw that I had a diaper bag, they would automatically tell the scanners to expect baby formula coming through.