Does booked mean booked (period)

This is our first short notice trip and obviously getting a seat anywhere has been difficult.:crying: Before, whenever we checked in we would go to Down Town Disney and eat at Rain Forest w/o a ressie. What are the chances of being able to do that at say the Sci-fi or 50’s Prime Time etc ( September 16th) All TS restaurants in HS are booked. Do they book [I]every[/I] seat or do they leave availability for walk-ins? I know there is the slim chance of a no-show, but I’m not waiting around for that to happen.:laugh:

I think if you go early or go late without an ADR they should be able to accommodate you. Just don’t show up when everyone else wants to be there and you"ll be fine! :laugh:

But I thought I was the only one that mattered.:laugh:

We’re hoping to get a TS at HS. All the other ressies I made were for the wife. What with it being our 25th and all, I gave her carte blanche on the restaurant choices. My only choice was ScFi or 50’s. And neither are available. Oh well. There’s always next time.

[QUOTE=disney1;1036658]But I thought I was the only one that mattered.:laugh:

We’re hoping to get a TS at HS. All the other ressies I made were for the wife. What with it being our 25th and all, I gave her carte blanche on the restaurant choices. My only choice was ScFi or 50’s. And neither are available. Oh well. There’s always next time.[/QUOTE]

Don’t give up!!! KEEP CHECKING!

Everyday! Online. It’s quick and easy to do, and you never know when something is going to pop up.

I’ve scored CRT the night before, California Grill with two days, The Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, 1900 Park Fare… things that were booked the first time I checked (often months out) became available closer to the actual date. You’ll notice that with a few days until your vacation, a lot of ADRs start freeing up. People have to cancel credit-card required restaurants like CRT or Cali Grill because they don’t want to pay the fee. Even if it’s not credit card required, it still begins to free up because people cancel their ADRs because they found new ones or decided against it.

Now, I truly believe that in order to have best luck finding stray ADRs, you need to cancel your own that are going to go unused!!! Always, always cancel what you don’t want. It’s so easy now with this online booking system. Karma.

Absolutely walk up and check. We were there is December and I was surprised at how many empty tables there were. A CM told us that they’ve seen an increase in “no-shows” with the free dining because people will book multiple ressies and just not show up. Not sure if that is even possible anymore but it made sense to me.

Check right up to the day you plan on going to the restaurant. We have had plans we thought were set in stone and made a change an hour before our ADR (someone at CG was happy). Don’t give up.

Like everyone else has said, keep checking every day. You can try walking up, worst case you’re turned away. We have heard CMs tell people that they are booked solid and not taking walk up for X days, at Le Cellier the CM told one unhappy family they were booked and not taking walk up for 90 days. People cancel the day of the ADR (I know we have) so you could score that time slot by walking up.

I think I’ll keep on checking then.:happy: On our planned trips I always got what we wanted. Six months is better than three.

>> Sci-fi or 50’s Prime Time etc<<

We love the Prime Time bar. Fun, friendly place. Last time there, we saw 1/2 the people eating… so unless you absolutely “have” to have mom’s attention!!!.. you may be able to eat at the bar in a worst case scenario. To tell you the truth, we do this most often anymore. And unless it’s absolutely the heart of dinnertime, we’ve been able to eat at the bar at loads of Disney restaurants. But you do take the chance of being shut out even at the bar.
Frank

I just got off the reservation website and they had an opening for 7:00pm at 50’s and 7:10 for Sci-fi on Sept 16th. You may have to eat later than you would like, but they were available for these times.

That’s a good sign though. Maybe a few times may pop up between now and when we leave.

It’s all good. Apparently as quickly as reservations are made, they are canceled. I just checked the Sci-Fi Diner for dinner on the 16th and found a nice slot. It may be time consuming but I’ll be going back to check on Akershus and LeCellier. Two places my wife wanted to go but we got booked out.

Oh I am pleased for you! Never give up on the reservations, they change very quickly, also, before I ever did ADRs we used to walk in most places and eventually get seated- sure, sometimes the wait was a long one, but if you want it, you’ll wait.

Thanks. I’ve always been the designated planner so doing this on short notice and getting disappointed just validates my planning addiction. My wife and I don’t mind waiting, but we enjoy the parks (even in our 40’s) too much to wait around. We want to ride, ride, ride.:goofybounce: