Does CA Grill still require a credit care to reserve a table?

Awhile ago, you had to give CA Grill a credit card to reserve a table.
You were charged a fee if you did not show and failed to cancel.
Do they still do that???
Frank

As far as I know, they still require a credit card to hold the reservation and if you don’t cancel in a timely manner and don’t show, your card gets charged $10.
I’ve never cancelled a reservation for Cali Grill.

I haven’t either, but my wife has this thing about the credit card… since no one else (that I know of) does that @ WDW.
Frank

CRT also requires a credit card “deposit”, or used to.

>>CRT<<
??
Frank

It’s not a restaurant but BBB requires a CC to make a reservation.

Cinderella’s Royal Table in the Castle

>>Cinderella’s Royal Table<,
Wow… I’d have never gotten that one <bg>!!
Thanks.
Frank

I just made an ADR at CG and they did want my credit card. Does that mean that I am a shady character that needs securing

I’ve never understood that.
They never seem to lack for guests.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1058806]>>Cinderella’s Royal Table<,
Wow… I’d have never gotten that one <bg>!!
Thanks.
Frank[/QUOTE]

I’m a bit surprised you didn’t recognize the abbreviation because it’s so heavily used in the dining forum.
Sorry. I assumed something.:redface:

Does Cali Grill cost two tables on the DDP? I have to use up some more tables for my trip and have no idea how I am going to do that, so I was considering something that took two credits?

Maybe CRT?

No, it’s just standard operating procedure because everyone wants to get up there at fireworks time and it’s just extremely popular.
The threat of a $10 penalty as a no show is enough to keep most people on the path of the righteous.

[QUOTE=Dana;1058831]Does Cali Grill cost two tables on the DDP? I have to use up some more tables for my trip and have no idea how I am going to do that, so I was considering something that took two credits?

Maybe CRT?[/QUOTE]

All the signatures are two credits.
Jiko, Flying Fish, Yachtsman’s, Citrico’s, Narcoossee’s, and Cali Grill, as well as Hoop Dee Doo, the luau, and CRT.

For your planning, consider which 2 credits are near what park you’ll be in as well as which are close to parks that have late EMH so you won’t have any problems getting “home” if you eat late.

>>I’m a bit surprised you didn’t recognize the abbreviation because it’s so heavily used in the dining forum.<<

No problem.
Granddaughter isn’t old enough yet… <g>
I’m sure it will become part of the common family lingo soon enough.
Frank

I really miss Cal.Grill.

I missed it even more in October.
When I couldn’t get a reservation during my vacation!:angry::mad::nuke::crying:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1059181]I missed it even more in October.
When I couldn’t get a reservation during my vacation!:angry::mad::nuke::crying:[/QUOTE]

I got one for January. Why don’t you swing by and I’ll invite you and Gayle (sp?) to sit with us. I won’t take care of the check though :blush:

That would be Gail.
Thanks for the offer, but we don’t know what January’s going to be like yet.
PM me with the day and time of your reservation though.