Does holywood studios need a new

does hollywood studios need another e ticket ride,I say yes it needs another coaster,now lets hear some ideas and what movie it should be an extension of…

yes. Monsters if it would not saturate the toy story brand… Hmmm I need to think about specifically which one, but I definitely think that they need more rides!

agreed, But I haven’t settled on a concept,I do know they are riding the start tours reboot for now but a new eticket attraction would be just right for the studios…

Yes… i think that it could help when you are waiting around for a show. There is a lot to do there, but you have to time it all correctly, or you can miss out on something… They can definitely add one or two more rides, even just to alleviate toy story’s line…

DHS gets all of the E ticket rides. I’d like to see another in Animal Kingdom - the only E tickets in that park are Expedition Everest and maybe Kilimanjaro Safaris. Of course, with this new Avatar land (which I’m not really a fan of), there will probably be at least one new E ticket attraction there.

Yes, 3 things.
-1st phase out the backyard playground. It’s old and tired, turn it into an Alice in Wonderland playground the way she see’s everything after falling down the hole.

-A Willy Wonka adventure, maybe a fun house type with the attraction ending in the candy store like the one in the movie.

• an adventure ride, part water-part coaster, or maybe all water based on Atlantis. Here’s a scenario taken from a partial movie plot…
    [I]After traveling through a network of caves and a dormant volcano, a team finally reaches the city of Atlantis. They find the ancient city is still populated. They discover that the language of the Atlanteans is in fact the basis of many existing languages, allowing the Atlanteans to understand English. The team is brought before the King, who wants the explorers to leave immediately, but is convinced to allow them to stay one (insert* ride). Atlantis has fallen into ruin and the true nature of the ‘Heart of Atlantis’ must be uncovered, in that it supplies the Atlanteans with their power and longevity through the crystals worn around their necks.

In the ensuing battle within the dormant volcano, as the crystal is brought back to the city, the volcano suddenly becomes active and erupts. With lava flowing towards the city, Kida, in her crystal form, rises into the air and creates a protective shield. The lava breaks away to show a newly restored Atlantis. The surviving crew returns to the surface and promises that they will keep the discovery of Atlantis a secret. [/I]

Another thing is everytime I go to Silver Dollar City in Branson and ride Fire in the Hole it reminds me of the scene in one of the Indiana Jones Movies where they’re in a mine racing down elevated tracks from inside of a mine car with drop offs and fire all around. That would work too.

that is why I said the studios,because of animal kingdom and avatar

Does a Country Bear poop in his backstage dressing room’s bathroom?:glare:

It needs more than just one new E-ticket ride!

What do you consider Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, and even Primeval Hurl?

I’d like to see more in DHS and AK, as well as Epcot.
Once you leave MK, there really aren’t enough rides in the other parks and AK and DHS are currently overloaded with shows.

Disneyland already has an Indy ride in Adventureland and that ride was the prototype for Dinosaur, so an Indy ride in WDW would be as simple as dusting off blueprints.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1098585]

-A Willy Wonka adventure, maybe a fun house type with the attraction ending in the candy store like the one in the movie.

• an adventure ride, part water-part coaster, or maybe all water based on Atlantis. Here’s a scenario taken from a partial movie plot…
    [I]After traveling through a network of caves and a dormant volcano, a team finally reaches the city of Atlantis. They find the ancient city is still populated. They discover that the language of the Atlanteans is in fact the basis of many existing languages, allowing the Atlanteans to understand English. The team is brought before the King, who wants the explorers to leave immediately, but is convinced to allow them to stay one (insert* ride). Atlantis has fallen into ruin and the true nature of the ‘Heart of Atlantis’ must be uncovered, in that it supplies the Atlanteans with their power and longevity through the crystals worn around their necks.

In the ensuing battle within the dormant volcano, as the crystal is brought back to the city, the volcano suddenly becomes active and erupts. With lava flowing towards the city, Kida, in her crystal form, rises into the air and creates a protective shield. The lava breaks away to show a newly restored Atlantis. The surviving crew returns to the surface and promises that they will keep the discovery of Atlantis a secret. [/I][/QUOTE]

I don’t think Disney owns the rights to Willy Wonka and I don’t want Disney going through another protracted battle over a property like they did with Winnie The Pooh. Maybe Goofy’s Candy Company as the back story.
Speaking of properties, Sea World has Journey To Atlantis in all three parks plus Escape From Pompeii at BG Williamsburg and there’s the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas.
Better to develop using The Little Mermaid for the back story.
Not saying there’s anything wrong with your ideas, just the properties they’re tied to.

IMO Avatarland (if they are going to do that abomination at Disney) should be at DHS not AK.

DHS has plenty of room surrounding the park (and it should be expanded to make it a full day park). The south parking lot is prime or even moving the south entrance out towards the canal could add a lot to the park size so Avatarland could sit beyond StarTours (continuing the movie jungled look of the park started at Indiana Jones. That would take a lot of work because of all the infrastructure that is in place but look at the FantasyLand expansion as an example of how far Disney can go (lots of infrastructure was moved, destroyed, replace for that.

The other DHS would be taking out Lights Camera Action. Oh and stop kindling everyone about there being a studio there…take out the Back Stage Tour. Expand PixarLand with Cars (already did that in DL and it is just TestTrack ride system) and Monster Inc Doors coster (indoor coster like RnR)…Heck take out the Indiana Show and replace it with a similar ride (note the same ride same type) as the Indian ride in DL.

Oh and please could someone take the Great Movie ride out…please oh please oh please…and replace it with something (anything) better.

Oh I forgot…Disney needs to complete the Monorail system by connecting all the parks and resorts

:laugh:

(yeah I went there SG :ohmy: :biggrin:)

[QUOTE=tigger;1098611]IMO Avatarland (if they are going to do that abomination at Disney) should be at DHS not AK.

The other DHS would be taking out Lights Camera Action. Oh and stop kindling everyone about there being a studio there…take out the Back Stage Tour. [/QUOTE]

Well there used to be a studio there. Until the bean counters got involved.
You want studios that are still used? Go to Universal where they still shoot commercials and music videos (did someone say that wrestling has returned too?). Not that you’re allowed to tour those studios anyway.

I think after 20 years, the backstage tour is tired but I’m not going to start an argument over Great Movie Ride because it remains some people’s favorite.
Lights, Motors, Action; I have mixed feelings.

[QUOTE=tigger;1098612]Oh I forgot…Disney needs to complete the Monorail system by connecting all the parks and resorts

:laugh:

(yeah I went there SG :ohmy: :biggrin:)[/QUOTE]

If you’re going to go there, then how about a monorail link to Orlando International?
An expanded monorail system should cut back on fuel costs, especially if Disney can generate some of their own power using incinerators and trash.

Other parks may have something similar but I bet Disney could do it better

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1098613]…

Lights, Motors, Action; I have mixed feelings.[/QUOTE]

You can hear it in the rest of the park…and sometimes you can smell the exhaust fumes as well.

I understand that Studio is in the name but really…

But do they have the rights?
If not, how much will the rights cost?
That’s all I’m talking about, dollars and cents that might not need to be spent if Disney already controls a property.
I know, this is the really dry part of the discussion, but it goes directly to the bottom line and what is possible.

[QUOTE=tigger;1098617]You can hear it in the rest of the park…and sometimes you can smell the exhaust fumes as well.
[/QUOTE]

And you can hear the big explosions from Indy in much of the park and parking lot.
To me, it doesn’t detract.