Doing Disney solo?

Alright peeps, Dana and Disney Teacher and I have been talking in Dana’s threadand now I am thinking that I need to go to Disney except, my people won’t go with me again.

Is there anyone here who can tell me of their solo experience? :cool:

I went to DL alone, and it was fabulous. There was nobody I needed to compromise with, so I rode the rides I wanted, I skipped the ones I didn’t like, I ate when I was hungry, I shopped with nobody tapping his foot… LOL

I have done a day alone on many of our WDW trips, and it’s great to ride solo with little waiting in the single riders lines. And the same thing about njo compromises. Nice!

Oh what I would give for a solo Disney trip!!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1019201]I went to DL alone, and it was fabulous. There was nobody I needed to compromise with, so I rode the rides I wanted, I skipped the ones I didn’t like, I ate when I was hungry, I shopped with nobody tapping his foot… LOL

I have done a day alone on many of our WDW trips, and it’s great to ride solo with little waiting in the single riders lines. And the same thing about njo compromises. Nice![/QUOTE]

yes, well, that wouldn’t be such a great change. I only wonder how I would feel if I couldn’t share the pleasure. And how dorky would it look if I were to talk to myself and have a stupid grin on face, while walking through the parks?

That nothing to worry about I done that alot of times when hubby was at a conference down in Orlando.

I think going alone would be a lot of fun, but only for a short trip. I don’t think id want to go alone for a long trip, there would be no one to talk to.

exactly. People would put me in a straight jacket if they saw me talking to myself.
I really have to think about that.

Haha! You’d look just as dorky as I do when I walk through the parks with a stupid grin on!

Your people won’t go? your the momma…make em go:laugh:

Blech, I cannot. They humored me for many years. Now, they are off to Arizona for 10 days next month and that’s it. It’s alright. I might put the proverbial screws to some other unsuspecting person to share a trip.

oooh take me!! lol i did one day alone all four parks. it was cool being able to do that, but i did miss the wee ones. it was when they were filming for the christmas parade and kept thinking “oooh the girls would love that” i don’t think i could more than a day or two without them:(

Dopey – I think you will have a blast and you will look perfectly great, smiling as you wander around… unless you try solo Beers Around The World! LOL

Oh no, no beer for this Dopey. I am strongly considering it. I have a few weeks to make up my mind. Although, the airfare is so much less now then it was last November, I might just have to book a flight - just in case. I can always cancel.

Do you have dates in mind? I have to go back in the thread and see if I missed them…

I can go starting November 11 - April 1st. anywhere in there but I totally prefer going the week before Thanksgiving - hands down.

I did Star Wars weekend last year and had a blast. DS1 & DS2 would enjoy it but they are playing/coaching sand soccer that weekend so I’m going again. Got a studio booked for JUST FOR ME in BLT 6/11-13. Oh yeah!

“Come to the DARK SIDE…We have cookies!”

I’m still looking for the cookies… :laugh:

I’ll be there December 1st through the 8th…just sayin’…

I think you would have a wonderful time. I couldn’t go alone, only because my boys would be so jealous. But it would be fun to do it on your own terms, at your own pace.

Do it, do it, do it. You’ll have a great time. My solo Disneyland day was the BEST!

And no one will care if you talk to yourself. You’ve seen pictures of all the weird things people do. Someone talking to herself is waaaaay down on that list.

You have no idea how tempting that is. Except, I think that’s really busy season, isn’t it?