Doing Something Different?

Hi guys I am going to WDW in a couple of days and of course I am excited. Being to Disney multiple times and being 17, my brother 13, I want to make this trip as special and exciting as we can. I don’t want this to be a normal blah trip like we have done in the past. I just graduated from high school so this is a big trip for us. Now I know this has been asked multiple times and I know I am asking it again but what is different to do in WDW that you don’t always do when you go down?
Thanks in advance!

• Justin

EDIT: If you guys don’t know what I am talking about last trip we went around the world in EPCOT and ate one authentic candy from each land. We had a blast and where totally sick afterwards! I am looking for something like this but different.

Ok I am just going to give you a little list of ideas:

Put the numbers for the EPCOT UK Phone booths in your cell phone and prank fellow guest:

Center - 407-827-9863
Left - 407-827-9862
Right - 407-827-9861

Go on a photo safari…list a number of animals and try to get as many different pictures of them in each park (goat, donkey, camel, mouse, bird, fish etc) – you can do the same thing with characters images (the more obscure the higher the points).

Visit each restroom through out each park and resort giving each one a star rating for cleanliness, convenience, theming, etc (Cavy has been meaning to do this but hasn’t finished yet).

Do the rides and shows you normally would skip.

There are several “crawls” on the Disney Food Blog website. For instance, a cupcake crawl where you sample different cupcakes from the around world. Get a hidden Mickey book and do the savanger hunt in there. For something extravagant, book a fireworks cruise! We’ve done two for birthdays and it has been WONDERFUL!!! We’ve done both the Illuminations and Wishes private cruises. It’s not cheap but makes celebrating special and unique.

Take in every attraction that you’ve never done before - you’d be surprised at how many there probably are.

You could dress up like Tinkerbell and Peter and see how many parks you can get into…Oh wait that didn’t work out so well for the last person who tried it.

At 17 you can’t go to the bars yet and probably are too old for the horseback ride ( pretty tame ).

How about one of the behind the scene tours?

-Harry

[QUOTE=Justin;1114114]Hi guys I am going to WDW in a couple of days and of course I am excited. Being to Disney multiple times and being 17, my brother 13, I want to make this trip as special and exciting as we can. I don’t want this to be a normal blah trip like we have done in the past. I just graduated from high school so this is a big trip for us. Now I know this has been asked multiple times and I know I am asking it again but what is different to do in WDW that you don’t always do when you go down?
Thanks in advance!

• Justin

EDIT: If you guys don’t know what I am talking about last trip we went around the world in EPCOT and ate one authentic candy from each land. We had a blast and where totally sick afterwards! I am looking for something like this but different.[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry your past trips have been blah. What about the Keys to the Kingdom for you and a parent? A Segway tour?

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1114129]You could dress up like Tinkerbell and Peter and see how many parks you can get into…Oh wait that didn’t work out so well for the last person who tried it.

-Harry[/QUOTE]

I seriously laughed out loud at that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Unfortunately, I think your brother is too young for several of the more in-depth behind-the-scenes tours like Keys to the Kingdom and Backstage Magic which you have to be 16 for.

However, you could do the new Wild Africa Trek, Disney’s Family Magic, Marceline to the Magic, Behind the Magic of Steam Trains, or the Behind the Seeds Tour at Epcot. And if you have a Disney Visa, you can save up to 20% on these tours (Behind the Seeds is only 15%).

Thanks for all the comments. I actually did the keys to the kingdom tour last year with my aunt for my 16th birthday. I am completely opposite of my parents and brother. They hate to do stuff while I want to keep going and going non-stop. I am happy that we are going I just wish to make it a little different and will definitly look into your suggestions.

• Justin

List all the WDW characters that sign autographs. Try to get as many of those autographs as possible.

[QUOTE=tigger;1114120]Ok I am just going to give you a little list of ideas:

Put the numbers for the EPCOT UK Phone booths in your cell phone and prank fellow guest:

Center - 407-827-9863
Left - 407-827-9862
Right - 407-827-9861

[/QUOTE]

Oh no you didn’t!:angel::whistling

Good luck getting that Illuminations cruise.
Seriously, they can only offer 6 at the most, and they go as soon as the phones open at 7 AM exactly 90 days out.

Justin, have you really explored Tom Sawyer Island? That’s a good time killer if you really explore every inch.
In general, slow down and take time to either take mental pictures or real pictures.
Yes, do the attractions and shows you haven’t done.
Go ride the boats of the Disney Transport Bay Lake fleet, the ferries, the large resort launches, and the little launches. There are 5 routes in total.
Disney Quest, especially if it’s a nasty day outside.
Mini golf.
Horseback riding. Segway tour of World Showcase. Parasailing.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1114158]Justin, have you really explored Tom Sawyer Island? That’s a good time killer if you really explore every inch.
In general, slow down and take time to either take mental pictures or real pictures.
Yes, do the attractions and shows you haven’t done.
Go ride the boats of the Disney Transport Bay Lake fleet, the ferries, the large resort launches, and the little launches. There are 5 routes in total.
Disney Quest, especially if it’s a nasty day outside.
Mini golf.
Horseback riding. Segway tour of World Showcase. Parasailing.[/QUOTE]

I love Tom Sawyer Island. We will definitely do it when we go. I am thinking maybe we can go later to the parks and do everything in reverse or eat meals reversed and stuff like that. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Justin

YES!! eat meals in reverse, have dessert first at every meal.
If you haven’t already get one of the passports before you go into World Showcase and learn to write, read, and say your name in each country. The CM’s are great about spending the time to teach their native language.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1114223]YES!! eat meals in reverse, have dessert first at every meal.
If you haven’t already get one of the passports before you go into World Showcase and learn to write, read, and say your name in each country. The CM’s are great about spending the time to teach their native language.[/QUOTE]

I second the passport idea! My roommates and I took a trip about 5 years ago and bought the passport kits. We had so much fun visiting the passport stations in each country and talking to the International CMs. I had worried about feeling foolish since we were adults, but no one made us feel that way. Also, the passport stamping spots were sometimes out of the way, so we got to see a lot of each pavilion. Maybe pick a reward that you will get after getting all your stamps - a big ice cream sundae? A churro? A beaver tail?

Seems like fun learning your name in each language! Maybe we will do that. I will just have to test out that UK phone number and see what happens. :whistling Thanks for the suggestions again!

• Justin

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1114156]Oh no you didn’t!:angel::whistling

…[/QUOTE]

You know I did!

:ohmy:

Some really good suggestions here. I would recommend renting a boat (you can do this at the polynesian … well, a parent can because I think you have to be 18 to actually pilot the thing) and cruising around the seven seas lagoon for something different.

Some really good suggestions here. I would recommend renting a boat (you can do this at the polynesian … well, a parent can because I think you have to be 18 to actually pilot the thing) and cruising around the seven seas lagoon for something different.[/QUOTE]

You can drive them at 14, but you do have to be 21 to rent it.

Renting a boat seems cool!

• Justin