Doing the quick service DDP

So after feeling like we were living our trips around ADRs, we’ve decided that this trip we would try the quick service dining plan. (Our kids are such picky little skinny-minnies that it doesn’t matter to them where we eat anyway!) I figure we can always call up WDW-DINE and ask what is available and pay out of pocket if we want to have “real food” one day.:laugh:

So my question for you is this: What is your favorite counter service restaurant and why? We :heart: Wolfgang Puck Express, but it won’t be feasible to go to DTD once each day for a meal, so I need for you to tell me where you grab a quick meal and what you like about it. Can’t wait for everyone’s suggestions.:happy:

I love cosmic rays. Madison and I share the chicken/rib combo. The topping bar there is awesome. Well I love onions and they have grilled ones there. This place in is MK across from the indy race way.

We were going to do the counter service if the DDP wasn’t free in Sept.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;962472]I love cosmic rays. Madison and I share the chicken/rib combo. The topping bar there is awesome. Well I love onions and they have grilled ones there. This place in is MK across from the indy race way.

We were going to do the counter service if the DDP wasn’t free in Sept.[/QUOTE]

I think we’ve only been to Cosmic Rays one time, and I don’t really remember it. Okay-so that one’s on my list! :happy:Thanks!

We tried the contempo cafe last week and it was great. Your kids will love the desserts and it was really quiet around lunch time.

Sunshine seasons in Epcot was really great. I also loved the Morroco cafe(tangerine,sp?) and thought it was really good. Pescos and Columbia Harbor House in MK are really good as well. Wolf Gang Puck Express,well, all I can say is YUM,YUM.

I know Bella will sing out with me for this one (if the mere memory of chicken doesn’t bother her right now!)- I :heart: the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco. I get the chicken & lamb schwarma platter. Great couscous, great hummus (not like that gross store stuff). Yummy yummy yummy.

Flame Tree in AK. Must do each trip for us.

We had this conversation on FB right? :laugh::laugh: Just doing the name connections! :laugh::laugh:

We like:

MK-
Cosmic Rays
Columbia Harbour House
El Pirata y el Perico (If you like Tacos!)
Main Street Bakery
Pinocchio Village Haus (Kids love to watch the IASW boats)

Epcot-
Sunshine Seasons
Boulangerie Patisserie-France (awesome for sandwiches and dessert)

DHS
Backlot Express or ABC (hit or miss at both/I’ve had good and bad)
Starring Rolls (good for breakfast)
Pizza Plant (pizza is OK, salad is good, kids :heart: it)

AK
Pizzafari (For the sandwiches)
Yak and Yeti

DTD
Earl of Sandwich
WGP Express

Man, after reviewing my list I see we are creatures of habit, I have to expand a little (hard with two kids!) :blush:

BTW- I had the 2008 Disney Dining Plan booklet they give you at check in that lists ALL the eateries . . . if you want me to mail you a copy I gladly will. Just PM me your address! :happy:

Where is the contempo cafe? I don’t recall this one. Is it a newer CS?

I know–Wolfgang Puck Express-I’d seriously eat there every meal if we could. That is the one place that all 3 of my kids WILL eat!

Never tried the Morocco CS–hadn’t thought about it, but this would be great time to try it.

I have Sunshine Seasons as our Day 1 lunch because they have soooo much to ovver.

Sounds yummy! I gotta try Tangierine Cafe! Thanks!

[QUOTE=missymouse;962494]I know–Wolfgang Puck Express-I’d seriously eat there every meal if we could. That is the one place that all 3 of my kids WILL eat!

Never tried the Morocco CS–hadn’t thought about it, but this would be great time to try it.

I have Sunshine Seasons as our Day 1 lunch because they have soooo much to ovver.[/QUOTE]

We were at Disney a couple of weeks ago and went to WGP express 2x on our trip. The first time my husband could not come with us because he was looking at a truck he wanted to buy and it took longer than expected. So, we had to go back:happy: with him another day so he could see how awsome it was. It was so good that the saugesage and red pepper pizza I got,well, i ate the whole thing. Lets just say I was stuffed till dinner.

Isn’t this one BBQ? I need to look at the menu for this one. I see you’re in SC. I’m a NC girl, and as I’m sure you know, NC and SC BBQ are quite different. How does this BBQ compare to SC BBQ?

Yes you do. It is one of those hidden gems. It is so good.

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;962489]We had this conversation on FB right? :laugh::laugh: Just doing the name connections! :laugh::laugh:

We like:

MK-
Cosmic Rays
Columbia Harbour House
El Pirata y el Perico (If you like Tacos!)
Main Street Bakery
Pinocchio Village Haus (Kids love to watch the IASW boats)

Epcot-
Sunshine Seasons
Boulangerie Patisserie-France (awesome for sandwiches and dessert)

DHS
Backlot Express or ABC (hit or miss at both/I’ve had good and bad)
Starring Rolls (good for breakfast)
Pizza Plant (pizza is OK, salad is good, kids :heart: it)

AK
Pizzafari (For the sandwiches)
Yak and Yeti

DTD
Earl of Sandwich
WGP Express

Man, after reviewing my list I see we are creatures of habit, I have to expand a little (hard with two kids!) :blush:

BTW- I had the 2008 Disney Dining Plan booklet they give you at check in that lists ALL the eateries . . . if you want me to mail you a copy I gladly will. Just PM me your address! :happy:[/QUOTE]
Yes, we did have this one FB! :happy:That’s what got me thinking about asking here on MB for some suggestions! DH and I think the kids are going to really love having a refillable mug. We’ve never gotten those before because we try to limit soft drinks for the kids. They’ll be super excited about those!

Some of your suggestions are our favorites. Some are ones we’ve never done before. I really want to try Boulangerie Patisserie-France. DD10 will love it–she is obsessed with all things French!

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! The best (and most underrated) Counter Service in WDW is Tangerine Cafe. It’s lovely! And oh so delicious!!

I also really love:
Cantina de San Angel
Columbia Harbor House
and of course…Pecos Bills.

Columbia Harbour House is my favorite CS in MK! :heart: I love to go upstairs, sit by a window, and people-watch all the tourists scrambling around the pathways below while I enjoy the air conditioning and my chicken fingers. :happy:

I also like…
MK: Pecos Bill’s, Pinnochio’s place
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Lotus Blossom Cafe in China
MGM/DHS/HS/whatever it is now :laugh:: Pizza Planet… I haven’t had much luck with other CS places.
AK: Pizzafari (yummy salads, and they come with your pizza now!), Yak & Yeti

Hope you can all find something you like. I have to admit that the food is often my favorite part of a trip. :wub::blush: Enjoy!! :heart:

[QUOTE=missymouse;962502]Yes, we did have this one FB! :happy:That’s what got me thinking about asking here on MB for some suggestions! DH and I think the kids are going to really love having a refillable mug. We’ve never gotten those before because we try to limit soft drinks for the kids. They’ll be super excited about those!

Some of your suggestions are our favorites. Some are ones we’ve never done before. I really want to try Boulangerie Patisserie-France. DD10 will love it–she is obsessed with all things French![/QUOTE]

Oh the mugs are good for more then soft drinks. At night on our way back to the room we get Hot Chocolate! :happy:

We fill the mugs in the am too, and then take them to the park. When you get the MONSTER DRINK with your value meal CS, we then pour the leftover into the mugs to carry around with us. (seriously, who can drink that much in one sitting!:laugh:) We never buy another drink ALL DAY! :happy:

:laugh:Okay-so this one is definitely on my list!

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;962513]Columbia Harbour House is my favorite CS in MK! :heart: I love to go upstairs, sit by a window, and people-watch all the tourists scrambling around the pathways below while I enjoy the air conditioning and my chicken fingers. :happy:

I also like…
MK: Pecos Bill’s, Pinnochio’s place
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Lotus Blossom Cafe in China
MGM/DHS/HS/whatever it is now :laugh:: Pizza Planet… I haven’t had much luck with other CS places.
AK: Pizzafari (yummy salads, and they come with your pizza now!), Yak & Yeti

Hope you can all find something you like. I have to admit that the food is often my favorite part of a trip. :wub::blush: Enjoy!! :heart:[/QUOTE]

I don’t think we’ve ever tried Columbia Harbour House–so that one’s on the list. Good to know that the salads are good at Pizzafari. We have never eaten a CS in AK. Always just grabbed fruit from the fruit stand.