Dollar Store Disney BONANZA!

So, our next DW vacation is just over a month away. Learning from last year I decided to visit my local dollar store…this is a great way to save some $$$$ for your vacation. Here’s what I got:

[ul]
[li]Ponchos (for water rides) 3 for $1
[/li][li]Glow Sticks (for after dark) 6 for $1
[/li][li]Mini First Aid Kit $1
[/li][li]Toothbrushes (we can just toss after) 3 for $1
[/li][li]3 Bars of Soap
[/li][li]2 Tubes of toothpaste $1
[/li][li]20 Hand Sanitizing Wipes $1
[/li][/ul]

I spent $21.00 and have everything that would be needed as impluse buys in the park.

LOVE IT!:wub::wub:

That"s terrific! I have to make my way there over the next week or so! Thanks for the reminder!

I found glow sticks at the craft store “michaels” that were 15 for $1.00!!! we used them at halloween but wish i would have found them before we went to disney.

[QUOTE=smartwoman0;899939]So, our next DW vacation is just over a month away. Learning from last year I decided to visit my local dollar store…this is a great way to save some $$$$ for your vacation. Here’s what I got:

[ul]
[li]Ponchos (for water rides) 3 for $1
[/li][li]Glow Sticks (for after dark) 6 for $1
[/li][li]Mini First Aid Kit $1
[/li][li]Toothbrushes (we can just toss after) 3 for $1
[/li][li]3 Bars of Soap
[/li][li]2 Tubes of toothpaste $1
[/li][li]20 Hand Sanitizing Wipes $1
[/li][/ul]

I spent $21.00 and have everything that would be needed as impluse buys in the park.

LOVE IT!:wub::wub:[/QUOTE]

Great finds!!

Don’t forget to stop by CVS. On our last trip to WDW, I found a bottle of Tide that could do 2 loads for about $2-3 dollars a bottle. The laundry items get expensive if you buy from the machines there.

Don’t forget to pack sunscreen!

Great tips! I need to go! Thanks

Im presuming your dollar stores our like a Poundlands, and 99p shops, I LOVE those places! You can get some amazing buys for literally pennies!

Congrats on your great buys. The dollar store is my first stop on “shopping” days. I buy shaving cream, tooth paste and all kinds of stuff in there before I go to the “real” store…there are things that I just don’t see the point in paying more than a $1 for… I can’t buy shampoo and stuff in there, but some things I dont’ care what the quality is…shaving cream is shaving cream in my eyes, but shampoo, make up and things that matter to me are another ball game all together.

I love the Dollar Tree. At church we have a special “store” where kids who memorize their Bible verses earn AWANA bucks and get to spend it @ the AWANA store. We can literally go to the Dollar Tree and for a little amount you can get a lot!!

We also hit the Dollar Tree before we go into the movies. Same candy, a lot lower prices. :smiley:

AWESOME deals! The Dollar Tree or Deals stores are my FAVORITE stores! They carry LOTS of Disney merchandise, too!

Great ideas… I might stop by there when I do my last minute shopping… I leave on Friday morning for the World and will return on Tuesday. :cool:

The dollar tree helped me stop all the “I want that” on our last trip to Disney. They had glow in the dark wands with stars on top. these were great at night!

Oh, I haven’t seen those! I MUST get there to see if my Dollar Tree has them.

You shave on vacation at WDW??? (Just teasing) :wub:

Another helpful thing to do is keep CVS extra care bucks in mind to purchase stuff. Health and Beauty stuff can be purchased for a steal! Often, they have toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, and (even) shaving cream on special. Buy it and you get Extra Care Bucks to spend on more goods later. With coupons and ECB, I’ve gone in to get shampoo and pay nothing. (and get more ECB to go again!)

[QUOTE=HappyCamper;900670]You shave on vacation at WDW??? (Just teasing) :wub:

Another helpful thing to do is keep CVS extra care bucks in mind to purchase stuff. Health and Beauty stuff can be purchased for a steal! Often, they have toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, and (even) shaving cream on special. Buy it and you get Extra Care Bucks to spend on more goods later. With coupons and ECB, I’ve gone in to get shampoo and pay nothing. (and get more ECB to go again!)[/QUOTE]

I LOVE ECBs!!! Thanks for the reminder! Gotta go get my 4 for $12 12 packs of Diet Coke for my trip…and $3 ECB to buy something else I’ll need! :happy:

We got the glow stick with the star on top at our dollar store - ppl at MK kept asking us were we got them.

I got the same as you did - the toothbrushes, sanitizing wipes etc - but I also got a few other things for DD. My store had plastic figurines of Disney villains, Disney puzzles, stickers and coloring books. She had many Disney things to keep her occupied on the way down and back home! We ended up not getting as many souvenirs as we would have if we did not have that stash already.

I have been getting really lucky at finding great trial sizes at good prices at the Harmon store. Does everyone have one of those?

I forgot about the Sunscreen. I wonder if we will need it in December? The great thing about the Dollar Store chain is that there are so many around…I Live in PA but commute to Baltimore everyday so I pass by no less than 7 dollar store locations…they all have different things. I found Disney Princess pens…Mickey Mouse paddle balls…Disney headbands and socks…

Children don’t care where it came from…(unless they are teenagers!)

Nikki

What section of the store are these glow sticks in? Toy section? Another section?

The glow sticks are alomost always on a cap-end of the toy section. Right now because of Halloween being over they have ALOT of them in really cool colors. They also have glow necklaces, bracelets and wands!