Dolphin in Depth

Has anyone paid the extra money to do this attaction? I am thinking about it, but I want to make sure that it is worth the time and money. Dolphin in Depth take 3 hours and you work with the dolphins, and watch the researchers and trainers do their things. I just don’t want to spend the money if I only work with the Dolphin for 5 minutes. What do you guys think?

Hi Pumpkin
Just the other day someone was talking about having done this. See is the URL below will get you there.
http://www.disneycentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11652
Also, maybe try a search of the park forum as I know it’s come up a few times lately.
This will also bump your question back up near the top.

DH and I did this last November. You do not spend that much time actually with the dolphins - maybe 15 minutes. I was surprised at how enjoyable the “learning” prior to that was, but if you want to spend a lot of time with the dolphins, then perhaps this isn’t your best choice.

We’re doing this in December. Let you know what it’s like in our trip report.

I did dolphins in depth about 2 years ago. I was impressed with the knowledge that I came away with, but a little disappointed that we didn’t get to spend more time in the water with the dolphin. What little time we did spend was basically standing and petting the dolphin, or watching the host have them do tricks. We didn’t interact too much with the dolphins ourselves.