Dolphin vs. SSR or OKW

Well I have a choice to make! Should we go with the Dolphin and no DDP but we have teacher/nurse discount or should we go with OKW or SSR? Any pro’s and con’s would be great. We have stayed at OKW so I know what to expect there, but never at the other two. Thanks!

My first choice would be SSR! But I’am sure you would have a great time wherever you stayed.

hmmm…

Dolphin pros:
walking distance from both Epcot and Hollywood Studios
water launch to Epcot and Hollywood Studios
deluxe resort for near moderate price
you have discounts
Heavenly beds

Dolphin cons:
lacks “Disney feel”
often shares bus with Swan, Beach and Yacht Club, and Boardwalk

Saratoga pros:
near Downtown Disney
Disney Deluxe resort
one of the less expensive deluxe resorts
DVC room options

Saratoga cons:
have to take bus to all theme parks
pricier than other options

We LOVED our stay at SSR! The resort is amazing and the pool is fantastic, their community centre has tons going on for when you just want to hang around the hotel and the films of a night by the pool (weather permitting!) are a nice touch. I wasn’t overly impressed with their food court (they dont sell fries!) but we were on the DDP so ate out most nights, though if your going to order something make sure you try the Chicken Cordon Blue Panani!
The only time we ever had real trouble at SSR was the first room they give us, it was miles away from the main building and pool and the nearest bus stop was pretty far away too so we got ourselves moved to The Springs section which was unbelivable, we could sit out on the balcony at night and listen to the film being played by the pool, (If you got the right angle you could even see it from some rooms!). The busses could be a pain bu most mornings and evenings they had a cast memeber at the bus stops monitoring the busses and if one bus was running super late they had several busses at the resort on stand-by to come and collect you!
I couldn’t really fault anything here, especially the staff, they couldn’t do enough to hel you, and look out for Cory over at the food court, hes such a laugh, look up while you dine in the Artist’s Pallate and you might find some of his handy work (and I dont mean the paintings!)

I personally would go with OKW. I have stayed there twice and had a positve experience both time. I stick with what I like and know will be great.

I guess it really depends on how much savings the Dolphin would provide, is it enough savings to negate the value of having the dining plan at the other resorts? Personally, if it were me, I would choose either SSR or OKW with the dining plan. Between the two it would come down to preference:

SSR:

• newer rooms walking distance to DtD, EXCELLENT bus service, their Turf Club restaurant is excellent, and it’s usually pretty quiet & relaxing in all the resort’s common areas

OKW:

• bigger studio rooms than SSR but also older and the TVs are TINY, boat service to DtD, tropical theming, and another good restaurant Olivia’s. Just remember that OKW doesn’t have elevators if you are on a higher floor (so if that effects anyone in your party let them know)