Dont know what to do

I am going to have a larger paycheck than normal and have decided to apply it to our upcoming trip. Here is my dilemma. I don’t know if I want to spend another $300 and stay an additional night at CAR or splurge the extra $560 and upgrade to BCV. I think the decor of CSR is nicer but we are planning on going to Yachtsman for dinner one night and the Boardwalk. So it would be way more convenient to be at BCV. thoughts on what I should do?

I love CSR but BCV, hey go for it!

One more full, exciting, fun filled day? Or a nicer bed and bathroom? One of which you will spend 8 hours in with your eyes closed. hmmmmmmmm. I don’t know.:whistling

This is too tough a problem with which to wrestle.

Send me a check and forget about it.

The hassle of packing and switching resorts for just one day versus saving $260 and having more time to spend in the parks because you aren’t dealing with the switch?
It’s a no brainer to me. Even if you wind up using taxis to get from CSR to the Boardwalk area, you’ll still save money and time.

I’d go for BCV. The accomodations are far nicer and you will be glad you did. Plus you will be closer to EPCOT and Disney Studios. You can take the launch instead of the bus. I always liked that. I have never stayed at CSR, but I would take a deluxe over a moderate any day.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1036783]The hassle of packing and switching resorts for just one day versus saving $260 and having more time to spend in the parks because you aren’t dealing with the switch?
It’s a no brainer to me. Even if you wind up using taxis to get from CSR to the Boardwalk area, you’ll still save money and time.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. When we stayed at WL I had made the decision that as much as I LOVED IT i would rather have one more day at the world. I would only stay where I can afford to go minimum X days. I would rather stay at moderate (or value) if I could have extra time at WDW!

Lisa

Lisa, not arguing with someone who agrees with me, but in this case, it looks like there is a commitment to stay the extra day regardless. The decision is whether to switch resorts for one day. So in this context, having more time in the parks means not having to burn X hours packing, moving, and checking back in instead of simply staying one more day in the original resort and not burning the time to pack, the time to move, and the time to check in, because you can make more money, but you can’t make more time.

By the way, since the refurbishing of CSR and the addition of queen beds and flat screen HDTVs, the gap is narrowed a bit between CSR and the deluxes.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1036777]This is too tough a problem with which to wrestle.

Send me a check and forget about it.[/QUOTE]

BossBro … you missed a “Golden” oppurtunity on this reply!!!
You pocket the $ and spend it on the BEER !!! Duh! :whistling

[QUOTE=WALL;1036817]BossBro … you missed a “Golden” oppurtunity on this reply!!!
You pocket the $ and spend it on the BEER !!! Duh! :whistling[/QUOTE]

Dude, DuuuuuDE, think about it - They send ME a check …

…and I spend it on beer. Why should they waste their good money on beer for themselves, when I am perfectly happy to spend their money on beer for me?

Congrats on the bigger than normal paycheck - that is AWESOME!!

Are you staying the extra day regardless of where you stay (and the dilemma being spending $300 as opposed to $560?) If that is the dilemma, then I would splurge the extra $ and move to BCV. BCV has the best pool area on property (IMHO), and the location is PRIME! I think life is short, and if you have some extra cash - TREAT YOURSELF!!!

But I would have a harder time deciding if your dilemma is to stay an extra day, or upgrade. That would be very tough decision for me, and I would probably stay the extra day and keep CSR. Good luck with your decision and I can’t wait to hear what you decide!!

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1036828]Dude, DuuuuuDE, think about it - They send ME a check …

…and I spend it on beer. Why should they waste their good money on beer for themselves, when I am perfectly happy to spend their money on beer for me?[/QUOTE]

Better yet we could ALL be treated to a free day in the world. BYOB might have to be instituted.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1036828]Dude, DuuuuuDE, think about it - They send ME a check …

…and I spend it on beer. Why should they waste their good money on beer for themselves, when I am perfectly happy to spend their money on beer for me?[/QUOTE]

I see your point !!! We could charge them for “posing” as BEER consultants.:blink:

I’d go to Beach Club. There is just so much more around it. You will save some time as well by being closer to Epcot and HS.

But it’s only for one day after staying X days at CSR.
Why move for only one day if you don’t have to?

Switching resorts… I am not for that, once I am at the resort, I just want to unpack and go. Why don’t you get yourself and everyone in your party something special. How about a family photo or something that you will have forever.

sorry, I wasn’t clear. Its either extend the trip one day, or stay the already booked amount of nights, but upgrade the whole week to BVC

Yeah, that’s what I thought!!!

One night at BCV for $560 would be a RIP OFF, and I’d advise you not to do that. :laugh:

How many nights are you staying?

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1037064]Yeah, that’s what I thought!!!

One night at BCV for $560 would be a RIP OFF, and I’d advise you not to do that. :laugh:

How many nights are you staying?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think it also depends on how long you’re already planning on staying! :happy: I would usually suggest spending an extra day as I’m all for staying there longer. Staying at a nicer resort is nice but I never spend much time in the room anyway and I’d like a longer trip than a nicer room.

However, if you’re already staying a decent amount of days…perhaps an upgrade would suit you better! :laugh:

OK - then I guess I vote for staying at CSR and getting the extra day. But it is a really hard choice. Staying at BVC could save you travel time to Epcot and HS, and like I said…the pool and views are AMAZING!
I can’t wait to hear your decision! You really can’t go wrong either way.