Don't mean to start a problem but

I don’t mean to start any problems, but does anyone know if I buy a mug at PO Riverside (I will be staying there for 2 nights and then transferring to OKW for 4 nights) can I use that mug at OKW for the rest of my stay? Or do I have to get another mug because it’s a different resort?

You have to purchase another mug for a different resort. Once upon a time, you could purchase a mug and use it anywhere there was a food court. That changed a while ago. For me, it wouldn’t be worth it to buy the mug for free refills for that 2 days…unless you are really going to be drinking a lot.

Thank you, we usually use the DP, so we get the mug included. This trip I don’t think it will be worth getting the DP because we are playing it by ear. I never really use them, but this trip I’m going with my SIL and will be spending time at the pool and I thought it might be worth buying one so I can keep hydrated while sitting in the sun. But if I have to buy one for each resort that isn’t worth it.

…do a little math…it might be worth it for the 4 days at OKW…I can’t remember what we figured out last time, but the break even point for us was around 4 days I think…we don’t spend much time at the resort, but POFQ is small enough to walk to the Food court late at night to get a refill right before they close…or grab a decaf or something. I also prefer to drink out of the mug rather than a plastic cup every morning…but it is certainly becoming more and more expensive for the mug…

My personal feeling is that if you have paid for the use of the mug, why shouldn’t you be able to use it for refills at any resort. If you are staying at resort A but happen to visit resort B…you are not using the mug at A at that moment so what’s the difference in refilling at B? I guess it has something to do with inventory or something.

I know this isn’t by the book, but I would use the same mug for the whole trip. I mean what difference is it if you stay at resort A for 2 days then resort B for 5 days resort A for 7 days. It’s one trip.

We hardly ever spend a trip at just one resort. If I was forced to a mug every few days, I’d never buy them.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1132320]I know this isn’t by the book, but I would use the same mug for the whole trip. I mean what difference is it if you stay at resort A for 2 days then resort B for 5 days resort A for 7 days. It’s one trip.

We hardly ever spend a trip at just one resort. If I was forced to a mug every few days, I’d never buy them.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!

…doing some research on the Internet…it seems that many people switch resorts and use the same mug…since they no longer make them for a specific resort there is no way to tell that you bought them at another resort…only the wording on the mug states you only use them at the resort where you purchased it…so…???

Here’s a comment I found from someone who was at several resorts in December…

“At each of the following resorts, CBR, YC, BW, and ASMusic, we asked the CMs in the food courts and at the pools if we could use them since we purhcased them at AKL earlier in the trip. Each and every time we were told that we could use them. We had no issues, and were told things like “absolutely”, “of course”, " we would not expect guests to buy 4 or 5 sets of mugs on one trip”.

Disney tested chips in the mugs to keep them from being used at any resort but I bet it was too expense to do that. I’ve not heard any more about that.

We don’t use them so I have never run into this situation. But I thought the cups were to be programed for the legnth of stay. If this is the case they should work at any resort. Then again, I could be wrong.

?? from me- Can you use the cups in any of the parks?

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1132325]We don’t use them so I have never run into this situation. But I thought the cups were to be programed for the legnth of stay. If this is the case they should work at any resort. Then again, I could be wrong.

?? from me- Can you use the cups in any of the parks?[/QUOTE]

They have not gone forward with the programmable chip…Yet…but the test they did had the chip tied to the resort at which it was purchased.

You can not use the mugs in the parks anywhere—except a water fountain!!

I’ll be the trouble maker, I don’t mind :happy:. Imo a mug is good during your trip regardless of where you stay. If you bought it during that trip, then use it during that trip. I’ve filled it at the resort I was at if I was there for dining, visiting, or switching transportation during the trip in which I bought it whether I was staying there or not. The CM’s have stated they have NO problem with that.

I also take it in the park in my pack and use it for fresh ice water during the day. I may not do it this time since I’ve read on someone’s TR that bought a similar one inside the park for a few dollars less and was told by CM’s it was acceptable to use it in the resorts during that trip. I wish I could remember where I read it. I need to research that.

I agree, if you bought the mug during the same stay I would use it at both resorts.

I also agree! If I’m staying at 3 different resorts during a stay that would be 9 mugs for my family. That is a huge waste of mugs! Just my opinion :closedeye

Rats! I love being the troublemaker and you beat me to it! I totally agree - that mug is good for the whole stay.

Thanks guys…and thanks Smallworld for looking up that information. I’m going to buy the mugs and use them for the whole trip!

Yep—now that I have read several “reports” here and online, I think I would too if we ever switched resorts! It looks like it’s just a written rule that not even employees enforce. Go for it!!! :happy:

Your mug is good for the length of stay regardless of how many resorts that stay consists of.

Dana is that “official”? Because that’s not what they tell you…they tell you it can only be used at the resort where it was purchased. Several signs at POFQ state that, but…as I said, we never switch so it never applies to me. I don’t see how they would know since the mugs no longer have the resort name on it. Just curious why they make it so confusing.

The “notice” on my mug here from last summer states this:

“Refills available at no additional charge at Resort Beverage Islands located in the resort that this mug was purchased through the end of your stay.”

Again, knowing what I know now…I would use it at any resort during the stay…just curious why they make the statement that they do.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1132345]Dana is that “official”? Because that’s not what they tell you…they tell you it can only be used at the resort where it was purchased. Several signs at POFQ state that, but…as I said, we never switch so it never applies to me. I don’t see how they would know since the mugs no longer have the resort name on it. Just curious why they make it so confusing.

The “notice” on my mug here from last summer states this:

“Refills available at no additional charge at Resort Beverage Islands located in the resort that this mug was purchased through the end of your stay.”

Again, knowing what I know now…I would use it at any resort during the stay…just curious why they make the statement that they do.[/QUOTE]

I have never seen any signs saying that. I only see the ones saying about for your length of stay, never specific to a single resort. No, not official. I just thought that’s what length of stay meant - as long as you are at a Disney property on vacation. I would never buy multiple mugs - such a waste.

This is something I would totally break the rules with and you all know that I am not a rule breaker. I think it’s absurd to buy multiple mugs for a split stay. Who wants to drag all those mugs home? I would rather give them the money and keep the same mug - seriously.

Considering that I see people using mugs that have obviously been through the dishwasher MANY, MANY times I don’t think anyone will complain about using it during the same stay at different resorts.

…they had sandwich board signs in the POFQ food court area, and then one tacked up on the wall…the beverage station as I recall doesn’t state the mug can only be used at that resort where it was purchased…if its not well enforced then I don’t see the issue with using it anywhere as well…I certainly would feel guilty bring a faded used ne back though…never noticed that…:laugh: