Don't mean to start a problem but

Because I am forever curious, I called Disney today to ask them and was told that you may use your mug at a second resort if you have a split stay.

Yay—so if Dana AND Disney say it I definitely would go for it. Like I said earlier—I don’t understand the rule to begin with…you have paid for it so what difference does it make? It’s the same price whether you use it 4 days or 8 days and you are drinking the same amount whether you are at one resort or another??? I really don’t understand the “same resort” rule to begin with. They need to take the sign down—perhaps they have since last summer. (wonder if they have changed or will change the wording on the actual mug?? )

Thanks for verifying this Dana.

Here is a good one for you, and I argued it, but we had a split stay in October at 2 resorts. They gave us mugs twice. We told them we had already gotten the mugs at the last resort and they told us “might as well take them anyway, you have them on your account”. Needless to say, we have too many mugs in our cabinets.

I’d be worried about the mugs hanging in the post office.

Well, my longest stay is generally 4 days so my mugs only get a fraction of the value that your mugs do so I should be able to use them for mutiple stays. :laugh:

I’ll grab one if we are using the DP and it’s included otherwise, I’d never buy a mug. They aren’t insulated and by the time I walk back to the room my drink is 1. hot or cold or 2. gone. Just too inconvient to use in the first place.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1132367]Yay—so if Dana AND Disney say it I definitely would go for it. Like I said earlier—I don’t understand the rule to begin with…you have paid for it so what difference does it make? It’s the same price whether you use it 4 days or 8 days and you are drinking the same amount whether you are at one resort or another??? I really don’t understand the “same resort” rule to begin with. They need to take the sign down—perhaps they have since last summer. (wonder if they have changed or will change the wording on the actual mug?? )

Thanks for verifying this Dana.[/QUOTE]

No problem :slight_smile:

It’s because in their eyes you paid for the second mug. You know there is that one idiot who would throw a tantrum if Disney asked them to just use the same mugs from the previous resort.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1132402]Well, my longest stay is generally 4 days so my mugs only get a fraction of the value that your mugs do so I should be able to use them for mutiple stays. :laugh:

I’ll grab one if we are using the DP and it’s included otherwise, I’d never buy a mug. They aren’t insulated and by the time I walk back to the room my drink is 1. hot or cold or 2. gone. Just too inconvient to use in the first place.[/QUOTE]

AGREE! If I don’t have it with a plan, I would never even bother with it. I more or less use it for “adult” beverages…:laugh:

Thanks for calling Disney Dana.

This will be the first time I’m going in years that I’m not getting the DDP. Most of the time we don’t even pick up the mugs, but then again we very rarely sit at the pool either. But I thought maybe since I plan on spending more time at the resort than at the parks, it would be worth getting the mug, so that we could at least have ice water by the pool. But if the mug isn’t insulated it really sin’t worth getting. Maybe I’ll just throw a couple of insulated mugs in my luggage.

[QUOTE=DisneyOnMyMind;1132425]Thanks for calling Disney Dana.

This will be the first time I’m going in years that I’m not getting the DDP. Most of the time we don’t even pick up the mugs, but then again we very rarely sit at the pool either. But I thought maybe since I plan on spending more time at the resort than at the parks, it would be worth getting the mug, so that we could at least have ice water by the pool. But if the mug isn’t insulated it really sin’t worth getting. Maybe I’ll just throw a couple of insulated mugs in my luggage.[/QUOTE]

I prefer drinking from the mug than the paper cup…plus we use them in the room as well…Its “air insulated” if that makes sense…but no they never have been really insulated. The mug won’t keep your ice water colder longer.

I actually miss the big ones they use to have…we used those for milk shakes and floats at home. We like the handle on them…I still have two big ones and two small ones but donated the rest. :happy:

[QUOTE=DisneyOnMyMind;1132425]Thanks for calling Disney Dana.

This will be the first time I’m going in years that I’m not getting the DDP. Most of the time we don’t even pick up the mugs, but then again we very rarely sit at the pool either. But I thought maybe since I plan on spending more time at the resort than at the parks, it would be worth getting the mug, so that we could at least have ice water by the pool. But if the mug isn’t insulated it really sin’t worth getting. Maybe I’ll just throw a couple of insulated mugs in my luggage.[/QUOTE]

It will do the trick for the ice water at the pool and it makes sense to get one if you are going to be spending time at the resort. You are able to refill at the pool bar and the food court area, so that works well in your favor.

When I went on October we got the mugs. I had stayed an extra 4 days by myself (thanks hurricane sandy) at a different resort and used the same mug. Nothing was said. I think if each resort had a different mug design, it may be different. My opinion is I paid for it for the entire length of my trip…im using it for the entire length…at 1 resort…or 2 lol

Oooo Mug talk, ok i’ll play :laugh:
Here’s one for ya- I bought a mug while visiting a resort for a snack at the beginning of the week (we weren’t staying at a wdw owned resort at that time) but checked into a wdw resort later in the week. Did I use my mug I had purchased earlier in the week? You bet. Regardless of which resort I was at I paid for it and was still on the same vacate so I used it once I checked into my Disney resort. btw I asked a CM and was told not a problem.

I’m back from my trip, my SIL and I bought the mugs at the first resort we stayed at and used it through our entire trip. The mugs were the same at both resorts, so no one would have noticed anyway.