Don't tell Me Disney is Expensive!

I do not want to hear anymore from anyone how Disney is just too expensive. I took my sone today to Coney Island for the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest. We had a great time but talk about expensive:

Tolls - $21 total
Parking - $25
Gas - $10

And all we did was hang out for three hours for the competition!

Also here is a sign for carnival rides there. These are per ride. PER RIDE!

Long Live Disney!

OH MY Lord… I can’t believe how expensive it has gotten. But then again, everything has gone up.

Wow, I am not complaining!!!

I am so glad I finally went but it was insanely priced!!!

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I remember many a summer when we would vacation for a week in Wildwood Crest, NJ. We would spend more there than we would for a week in Disney…airfare included!

I’ve come home from Hawaii with a new appreciation for Disney. Whatever we did - wherever we went, it was on average $100.00 x 3.

$100. x 3 for a luau = $300.00 for 4 hours entertainment;

$125. x 3 for zipline adventure - $375.00 for3 hours entertainment;

and on and on…

Disney is one of the best deals out there.

It’s funny that they’re charging per ride again.
For a while, Astroland (on the site of Steeplechase Park) was offering Pay One Price and I’m guessing this even included The Cyclone.
And don’t anyone ask me why such a coaster enthusiast like me, being from the NYC area, has never ridden The Cyclone. I didn’t possess the (pick your body part) to ride it until 1992 and haven’t been near Coney Island since 1981.

As for most bang for your buck, the major theme parks and cruises lead the way.
In fact, it’s pretty hard for me to choose to vacation anywhere other than major parks and cruises. Think about what going to NYC for a week (even staying in the suburbs and not in Manhattan) just to go to a museum a day and then find some dining and entertainment at night would cost.

If you guys want cheap entertainments come over to my house. Pay me $100 bucks and I will let you have hours of fun working in the yard. $150 you can work in side on the house. Heck I will include the supplies, lunch, snacks, and all the water you can drink from the hose! Come on what can be more fun then demo or digging out stumps and such!

I will pipe in Disney area music…paradise I tell you, paradise!

my dh and i spent just Friday one day only at Ocean city MD… it was $60.00 in gas… $160 to play some arcade games and eat two meals for the two of us… lemonade was $7.50 a piece…

And this is why I stand by Disney 100%! :wub: You soooooo get what you pay for! :mickey:

wow, I am grateful than that I have Holiday World just 2hours away from me hear. I can buy tickets thru farm bureau for 32 a piece and go for a full day. This includes free parking, free sodas, and free sunscreen.

[QUOTE=tigger;1082018]If you guys want cheap entertainments come over to my house. Pay me $100 bucks and I will let you have hours of fun working in the yard. $150 you can work in side on the house. Heck I will include the supplies, lunch, snacks, and all the water you can drink from the hose! Come on what can be more fun then demo or digging out stumps and such!

I will pipe in Disney area music…paradise I tell you, paradise![/QUOTE]

If you add Magical Express, I’ll book a weekend! LOL!! :laugh:

I have priced out some family resorts around here that do not have a theme park attached to them and they are about the same cost as WDW. The look kind of nice but if I am going to pay that much I would like to have some real fun.

[QUOTE=tigger;1082018]If you guys want cheap entertainments come over to my house. Pay me $100 bucks and I will let you have hours of fun working in the yard. $150 you can work in side on the house. Heck I will include the supplies, lunch, snacks, and all the water you can drink from the hose! Come on what can be more fun then demo or digging out stumps and such!

I will pipe in Disney area music…paradise I tell you, paradise![/QUOTE]

If you serve cucumber tea sandwiches, calculate the calories burned while doing yard work, and stick a few chairs around a mud puddle to soak your feet in, you can call it a “day spa” and charge twice as much.

I have good news and bad news and neither have to do with my math skill.

The good news is my soil is basically sand so digging is easy. The bad news is my soil is basically sand so there is no mud puddle day spa…but if you want to work barefoot you will get a great exfoliation of your feet…no charge!

:laugh:

Our first trip to WDW in 2003, I thought was expensive. We lived in Hawaii from 2007-2010 and then went to WDW immediately upon our return to the mainland and I did not think it was expensive at all. A month later we went to Sea World and I could not believe it was more expensive than WDW!

I completely agree! When people tell me Disney is expensive, I start listing prices of other parks and how much MORE you get for your money at Disney and they stop arguing quite quickly.

My DH and I were talking about this the other day. I have relatives that think we are nuts for going to Disney every year, but yet they don’t think twice about paying about the same amount, or more, for a beach house and having to buy all of their food, entertainment, etc. I like how we have everything taken care of before we get to WDW and all I have to do is relax!

AMEN! We just got back from a week in the Mytrle Beach area (Garden City) and by Wednesday we wondering why we hadn’t just gone to WDW instead. Ridiculous what we paid for food and entertainment. I LOVE having it all paid for upfront and if I want waves I can go to TL and have NO JELLYFISH!

A month ago we went to Dallas, 3 hrs away, and stayed at Great Wolf Lodge for 2 nights with a side trip to Medieval Times. 7 of us in 1 Suite. Cost- around $1,500.

A few days later we went to WDW, 14 hrs away, for 6 nights then to Myrtle Beach, 8 more hrs away, for 3 more nights + 2 addtl getting there and back. 5 of us in 1 room. Cost- around $3,500.

For $2,000 more we spent 9 addtl nights, a ton more on gas and much much more fun. Well worth it imo.

Avg cost per night on Great Wolf Trip…$750
Avg cost per night on WDW/MB trip…$318