Door Decorations?

I know I have seen posts of families that decorate their resort room doors while staying at Disney. Most of the examples I have seen have been at the Value resorts, has anyone ever done this at the Deluxe resorts?

We are staying AKL in a few weeks and would love to do it, but I have yet to see it at any of the deluxes we have stayed at. What do you all think?:huh:

My friend is going in June to Kidani @ AKL and she’s doing hers!

Depends on the door. Some are metal and you can use magnets. If you can get a decoration on there without using tape or glue, then they are fine with it.

Good to know!:happy:

Thats what I thought too. :happy:

If I decide to do it, I was planning on the magnets for the back of the sign. Since we will have younger ones with us this trip, I also thought it would be easier for them to find our doors this way too.:happy:

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;964752]Thats what I thought too. :happy:

If I decide to do it, I was planning on the magnets for the back of the sign. Since we will have younger ones with us this trip, I also thought it would be easier for them to find our doors this way too.:happy:[/QUOTE]

I agree! Door decorations serve many purposes.

We always did it on cruises too, what with all those doors in a row looking exactly the same.
I’ll bet you could hang something with a string even if it is a wooden painted door.

Ooh, wait! They also have those foam door handle cut-outs in cute shapes and bright colors. I found some very cute summer shapes at the Dollar Tree store last year.

Thats a great idea too! :happy:

I have stayed at AKL twice before and honest to goodness I can’t remember what kind of doors they have.:blink::laugh:

I thought they might all have metal doors for fire safety issues, but I can’t really remember now that I’m thinking about it, any one else remember?:huh:

I would love to do this for Madisons birthday. Does anyone know if POP has metal doors?

I’ve never seen door decorations anywhere we have stayed. Interesting…

I think so. Most of the decorated door photos I’ve seen were from POP. They appear to be quite festive. :happy:

I personally never seen such a thing but I do want to decorate our room for Madisons bday. I want to do it while she is sleeping so its a surprise.

I have seen deluxe resort doors decorated during all seasons, but especially at Christmas time.
Just check to make sure your adhesive is acceptable.

Nothing over the top though, that is, decorations weren’t excessive.

We’ve only decorated doors during the holidays and yes, one time it was at AKL. The doors were wooden, I remember because we had to use double-sided tape. Just make sure it’s the soft kind that won’t do any damage.

We even left a “Happy Holidays message center” on the door & let me tell you this is one of the BEST Disney memories EVER! We got messages from people from ALL over the world wishing us ‘happy holidays’ in different languages, messages saying they loved our decorations, even notes from CMs saying they loved walking past our door, etc. It was SOOOO much fun. One family from Chicago even left us two little Mickey pins in our message center as a holiday gift. :heart:

I think I am going to decorate the door again when we go for Daniel’s B-Day in December.

PS: I still have the messages & LOVE going back to read them :heart:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;964872]We’ve only decorated doors during the holidays and yes, one time it was at AKL. The doors were wooden, I remember because we had to use double-sided tape. Just make sure it’s the soft kind that won’t do any damage.

We even left a “Happy Holidays message center” on the door & let me tell you this is one of the BEST Disney memories EVER! We got messages from people from ALL over the world wishing us ‘happy holidays’ in different languages, messages saying they loved our decorations, even notes from CMs saying they loved walking past our door, etc. It was SOOOO much fun. One family from Chicago even left us two little Mickey pins in our message center as a holiday gift. :heart:

I think I am going to decorate the door again when we go for Daniel’s B-Day in December.

PS: I still have the messages & LOVE going back to read them :heart:[/QUOTE]

What kinda of message center?:huh: That sounds so cool!:happy:

We are celebrating a few birthdays and I thought the kids would get a kick out of it too.

I guess if the doors are wooden I could use sticky tack, I think that would work and not cause any door damage as mentioned by Sound God.

[QUOTE=mickeymotto;964883]What kinda of message center?:huh: That sounds so cool!:happy:

We are celebrating a few birthdays and I thought the kids would get a kick out of it too.

I guess if the doors are wooden I could use sticky tack, I think that would work and not cause any door damage as mentioned by Sound God.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think Sticky Tack might be kinda brutal on painted surfaces. :pinch: We aren’t even allowed to use it in our classrooms 'cause it pulls the paint right off. Who knows though.

OH, message center… We decorated a big brown mailing envelope w/ Christmas ribbon & decor. Tied a pen to a string & attached it to the envelope with a small note pad. On the envelope we just wrote in marker “MERRY CHRISTMAS! Please feel free to leave a holiday message.” It was SOOOOO exciting to come back to the room each night & read our messages. :happy:

Now that I am thinking about it I am questioning my memory about the doors in AKL. :huh: I remember them as wood but I wonder if they were just painted to have the EFFECT of wood & were really metal underneith. Hmmm. :laugh:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;964884]Yeah, I think Sticky Tack might be kinda brutal on painted surfaces. :pinch: We aren’t even allowed to use it in our classrooms 'cause it pulls the paint right off. Who knows though.

OH, message center… We decorated a big brown mailing envelope w/ Christmas ribbon & decor. Tied a pen to a string & attached it to the envelope with a small note pad. On the envelope we just wrote in marker “MERRY CHRISTMAS! Please feel free to leave a holiday message.” It was SOOOOO exciting to come back to the room each night & read our messages. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Oh! That is so cool! :happy:

Oh, no…about the sticky tack:blink: Any other suggestions on what to use? I was going to laminate different Mickey Heads with everyones names on them. I would love some ideas on what to make them stick.

Here is one of the designs:

Well if they are metal, I can definitely use the magnet tape and that is safe for the doors.:happy:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;964872] We got messages from people from ALL over the world wishing us ‘happy holidays’ in different languages,
[/QUOTE]

Hey Wish … are you SURE that’s what they said? :laugh:

For sticky on paint, how about that poster putty? I wouldn’t use it for anything on the heavy side, but for paper it would work well and comes off easily.