DoubleTree Club Hotel (off property)

I just got back from my New Year’s Eve trip to Disney. This time we stayed at the DoubleTree Club which is right outside the entrance to the Disney Village. We stayed for three nights.

The hotel is very conveniently located to Downtown Disney. It took us no more than two minutes each day to get to the Village parking lot (of course, finding a spot was another story). The hotel is brightly decorated and the staff was friendly. We had a one bedroom suite with a pull-out sofa in the living room. The bathroom had a stand-up shower and a separate Roman jacuzzi tub - heaven!! We never heard any of the other guests and our floor was booked.

It was 50 degrees most of the time in Kissimee while we were there so I did not try the pool or outdoor jacuzzi. There was an arcade and exercise room. The lobby was nice and inviting with a bar, deli/restaurant and internet access (for a fee). There were other restaurants in walking distance.

I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone trying to be as close to Disney as possible but Choosing not to stay on property. Oh, and our rate per night was less than $100.00 per night and they offered us additional nights in the same room for $69.00.

Cinderellafifi

I have driven by this property about a million times, and it has always appeared to be a fun place to stay. It is located just outside of the Maingate entrance, and backs onto many of the non-Disney hotels that are on property. (Hotel Plaza Blvd.) It is as close as you can get to the world without being on property. Seems like a good non-Disney option, and a pretty good price for a one-bedroom suite.