"Downgrading Points"?

This might sound like a silly question, but to make a long story short, I don’t think we’ll be able to use all of our Table Service points this weekend. We’re eating at one place that doesn’t take points and we’re being treated to dinner another night. It’s possible that we’ll end up with 4 unused points. But, it could really work out if it were possible to downgrade table service points.

I read somewhere that some places allow you to use a table service point for the equivalent of a QS and a snack, so long as you do it all at once.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I can imagine that that would work anywhere, as long as it’s less rather than more expensive. Or maybe you can pool the points and spend them at a signature restaurant?

We considered that. We’re already doing signature dining on Friday night.

I guess we could consider changing our late ressie on Sunday at Le Cellier to the Yachtsman Steakhouse, but I’m not sure we’d be able to get a table.

I’ve always thought it would be a good idea to allow the “downgrading” of points, however, I have never heard where it was allowed.

This just happened to us last week. We skipped out on Kouzzina because the Boardwalk was just not fitting into our plans…we instead used those credits for QS breakfast at POP on our last day. It was not a problem, but they did not give an extra snack…we didnt ask, we just asked if we could use our TS for QS and we did. My DH was at first bummed because we “lost out” on value, but when you consider that we did not spend the tip required for the TS and did not have to buy breakfast on the road, it actually worked out better for us.

[QUOTE=MerlinMatt;997161]We considered that. We’re already doing signature dining on Friday night.

I guess we could consider changing our late ressie on Sunday at Le Cellier to the Yachtsman Steakhouse, but I’m not sure we’d be able to get a table.[/QUOTE]

you’ll get the ressie. Just go online and get it at Disney dining. When I made ADRs this week, I got everything I wanted plus so many more suggestions for the same time frames

To close the loop on this, “downgrading” points is technically possible, but not all CM’s know how to do it. Basically, the CM has to submit the bill for approval to use points. The cash register will either approve or deny (I don’t know exactly how it works, but I saw CMs do it a few times)

In my experience, this is how it works and all of it works in Disney’s favor:

• 1 TS point can be exchanged in for 1 QS point. This is a totally unfair trade. I think you can try to get an extra drink or snack with the meal, but that’s about it.
  • 1 QS point can be traded in for roughly 3 snack points, but I think it depends on the snacks.

As an example, on the last day, we had 3 QS points and with those points we got:

• 2 breakfast entrees
  • fruit cup
  • an 8 oz. juice
  • an 8 oz. milk
  • 2 cappucinos

I suspect that I might have been able to get a second snack cup as well.

The key is to tell the CM that you wish to use points and that you don’t want them to go to waste. I think most of them will understand how to do it.

we don’t make too many table service reservations because the girls aren’t good in restaraunts, plus we never like to “plan” too much. so we only had a couple table service meals and the rest we just got a quick service meal, went to the counter and told the cm that we wanted to use a table service credit and that was it!

dining was free so we didn’t “lose” money by doing that!