Driving to Orlando from Milwaukee

My family and I are driving down to Orlando. I was wondering which route to take. Should I go through Nashville, 65 south? Or cut over to 75 at louisville, for a scenic route through the smokey Mountains. Which do you prefer ?

Thanks for the input. By they way, we are moving there on Monday!!!:laugh:

Honestly, it is a coin toss. They are very similar routes with similar beauty. 75 isn’t as attractive as I would like it, but it is a beautiful area. From Nashville, you have the river, the backwoods areas, it is beautiful too. Honestly, you can’t lose with either. Just remember though, when you get to Atlanta, don’t even bother taking the bypass around town, it will just add mileage and not really give you any benefits as in other cities. Stay off of 285, just stay on 75. Sadly, when you get south of Atlanta, not much to see.

Well, since I am from the south (grew up in Tennessee), I can offer suggestions from Tn south.

If you decide to go through Nashville, you should still connect with I-75, but I would get off I-65 in Nashville, get on I-24 (towards Chattanooga). You will stay on this until it dead ends into I-75 south. From there you will go through Atlanta, and then straight south. On this route, you will go through very scenic mountains… but not enough to really slow you down…

Does that help???

He is so right about going through Atlanta. It is a 30 mile detour-with trucks, and more traffic… Stay on 75 going through town- there will be less traffic, and you will get through in a shorter amount of time…

I agree with Hanwill, out of the two I would cut from Nashville to Chattanooga. There are some cool tourist sites along the way too. Two aquariums on your trip, Rock City and Ruby Falls (the worlds greatest tourist traps). Nashville can be fun. That is a good drive.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=hanwill;1029568]Well, since I am from the south (grew up in Tennessee), I can offer suggestions from Tn south.

If you decide to go through Nashville, you should still connect with I-75, but I would get off I-65 in Nashville, get on I-24 (towards Chattanooga). You will stay on this until it dead ends into I-75 south. From there you will go through Atlanta, and then straight south. On this route, you will go through very scenic mountains… but not enough to really slow you down…

Does that help???[/QUOTE]

This is the way I go when I drive and agree with you hanwill.

How did I miss that you are moving there on Monday. Congratulations! Have a safe trip.

Follow the yellow brick road.

go thru Nashville the interstate is closed as of last week from the smokies to ashville NC because of a rock slide not sure when it will open if that was the one you have to take from the smokies. I personally would do the I-24 thru nashville go the chat. and thru Atlanta. One note Gas is usually cheaper in Murfreesboro ,tn. than around Nashville. but and when get out of Il. gas is than usually about a dime a gallon cheaper in Paducah than here in il.

And when you are going down Monteagle mountain- (in between Nashville, and Chattanooga-near Tracy City, TN) follow the speed signs… You will know that you are going down a mountain (but it only lasts for a few miles?) But it can catch brakes on fire if you are not going the right speed-trust me on this. It is not dangerous (the road), but just steep for a few miles-you are going down a mountain after all…

Nothing to offer for advice on your driving route. I just wanted to wish you a happy move and a congrats!

[QUOTE=Tor2ga;1029559]My family and I are driving down to Orlando. I was wondering which route to take. Should I go through Nashville, 65 south? Or cut over to 75 at louisville, for a scenic route through the smokey Mountains. Which do you prefer ?

Thanks for the input. By they way, we are moving there on Monday!!!:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Can you swing by the Madison area and pick me up along the way???:laugh:

Have a safe trip and a stress-free move! When I drove down many years ago I remember driving through Chattanooga but I have no recollection of driving through Atlanta. Looking at a map, we must have. Sorry, I’m no help.:mellow:

Thank you all for the great responses, it looks like we are going to take the Nashville- Chattanooga route.
I have no room inside the family truckster, but we could swing by Madtown and you could ride on top with Auntie.
With the new job relocation, we will be 3.5 miles north of WDW. Now we have to see how fast we can get a Florida ID so we can buy our Annual Passes. We are all very excited.

We’ll see you in the parks!

Travel safely! And can’t wait to hear all about your new adventures. Congrats on the new job and the move.

Wow- 3 miles… Will you be able to see fireworks- every night? That would be fun… I would never get tired of it-safe travels!

Safe travels!! We want to hear all about the move when you are settled in!!:laugh:

[QUOTE=Tor2ga;1029745]
I have no room inside the family truckster, but we could swing by Madtown and you could ride on top with Auntie.
QUOTE]

Hmmm. I’m thinking. Maybe you should tell me more about “Auntie.” :laugh:

Can’t offer any driving tips but I hope you enjoy your new home