DTD Balloon Ride

Hello my MB friends! Okay so i am going to Disney in March with my bf and another couple. I was looking was different things to do. Although my boyfriend is excited hes not exactly Disney freak like me so I wanna make sure we do things that are not completely kiddie Disney, you know? Well as I was perusing the website I found an add about a balloon ride in DTD, now i have been to Disney a BILLION times and i don’t think i have ever seen this balloon anyone know anything about it? Pictures of the view, opinions. I just think it’s something different… I will be in Disney in January with my family (2 small nieces) so little kid/ cutesy stuff will take place then. I want this trip to be more adult-ish haha i don’t think I have ever done that before, i go to Disney to be a kid again. Ok so I am rambling now. If anyone has any ideas or tips about a more adult time in Disney as well as info on the balloon ride please feel free to let me know!

Here is some info- My opinion is that it is something to do once and that is it. We did this in May and it was fun to do once. A little pricey in my opinion.

Characters in Flight operated by Aérophile takes you up in a giant tethered balloon 400 feet above Downtown Disney Area! Ascend in the sky for approximately 8 to 10 minutes and experience a breathtaking, 360–degree view of Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

And you’d know those silhouettes anywhere — it’s Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Dumbo and other characters from some of Disney’s most famous films! See them across the surface of the internally illuminated balloon that rises above you! It’s a special design just for the Walt Disney World Resort.

This whimsical balloon — the Aéro30 — was built by Aérophile S.A., a company with headquarters in Paris, France. It’s the world’s largest tethered gas balloon! The balloon itself is attached to a gondola that is 19 feet in diameter and holds up to 29 Guests and the pilot at a time. Guests board from a specially designed platform and then, once in the air, revel in a spectacular view of vistas up to 10 miles away!

Weather permitting, the hours of operation are every day from 9 a.m. to midnight.

Ticket Prices:
$16 Adult (tax included) - Guests ages 10 and up
$10 Children (tax included) - Guests ages 3 - 9
Guest Policies
Guests under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Gondola is wheelchair accessible with assistance. Guests must transfer from an Electric Convenience Vehicle (ECV).
Weather conditions determine the number of Guests who may board the gondola in any given flight.
All flights and times subject to change due to inclement weather.

You can go here and see the attraction

Characters in Flight and in HD | WDW News Today

here is what i found some still pics on the following link of it over the parks and DTDCharacters in Flight operated by Aerophile Balloon – Downtown Disney

We could see that balloon with Mary Poppins on it from all over WDW a couple of weeks ago. It looked pretty cool. I would definitely go for it, but I would be the only one. :rolleyes:

Hopfully I was able to attach the pic of the balloon correctly so you can see it! It wasn’t operating the night I took this but we’re headed back next week and it’s on our to-do list!

This looks pretty neat! I think we will have to try it when we are there. I have to agree with others though, it does seem like you only have to do it once.