Dumb Question about Deluxe Dining?

Well, I have been paying every week for my Christmas 09’ trip and I have put a bigger dent in it than I thought I would - possibly freeing up some money before the 180 ADR date that I could use to upgrade to Deluxe Dining. Here is my situation.

ME
WIFE
MY MOM
8 yr old boy
5 yr old boy
1 1/2 yr old daughter

Originally, I thought there would be no way to make my kids sit and eat twice - but thinking back - counter service takes a while as well…so the time lag isn’t but like 20 -30 minutes difference…maybe none at all for buffets.

What do you get with Deluxe Dining?
Opinions?
Additional Info?

Well, like I have posted a couple of times before - we opted for the deluxe plan because we wanted to try a whole lot of signature restaurants, which require 2 points per person.
That meant we would have a sit down breakfast and a really shnazzy dinner.
You also get 2 snacks.
Now, I can put away twice the amount of food my DH eats and I had a really hard time eating all there was because I felt like I had to order the appetizer, the entre and the dessert.
We did not use any snacks during our stay, we were not hungry. We turned the snacks into bottles of water, whenever we thought of it and on the last day I tried to find things to take home with me, but that was rather difficult.

The nice thing about the deluxe plan is that you can eat positively anywhere you want to and don’t have to watch prices.

We loved it.

[QUOTE=dadofthree;938491]Well, I have been paying every week for my Christmas 09’ trip and I have put a bigger dent in it than I thought I would - possibly freeing up some money before the 180 ADR date that I could use to upgrade to Deluxe Dining. Here is my situation.

ME
WIFE
MY MOM
8 yr old boy
5 yr old boy
1 1/2 yr old daughter

Originally, I thought there would be no way to make my kids sit and eat twice - but thinking back - counter service takes a while as well…so the time lag isn’t but like 20 -30 minutes difference…maybe none at all for buffets.

What do you get with Deluxe Dining?
Opinions?
Additional Info?[/QUOTE]

ADRs are done at 90 days now.

GOOD LUCK DECIDING! I would love to do Deluxe Dining one year.

We found that there was more food than we would normally eat. We ordered everything and found that we were wasting food. I could not imagine our family having two sit down meals a day. But some familys do sit down two or three times a day for meals. We also enjoy eating outside and have found that Yorkshire County Fish Shop (seating over looking the lake)and Kringla Bakeri Cafe are two of our favorite counter meals.

Yes you are right, after a while it felt wasteful. I would only have a few forks full of one thing or the other.

Next time I will do it differently and go with the regular plan, paying out of pocket where I want to and call it good.

Kringla and the Fish Shop are favorites for us too :smile: We always choose eating outside when possible.

We did the Deluxe Plan last August and loved it with an 8 year old. We had really nice dinners at the shows or signature dining scheduled for every night. We only scheduled 2 lunches and 2 breakfasts. We used snack credits for the other breakfasts and the TS credit for the lunches. We came out with only 4 snack credits remaining on the day we left and DD was more than thrilled to “spend” then at the Main Street Confectionary.

The great thing was we didn’t have to worry about what we ordered, I ate lobster and filet migeon a couple of times. We left a cash tip so when we got home no vacation sticker shock when the credit card bill came.

We are trying to work in another August trip this year and I suggested no dining plan to my DH and he said no way it was so much nicer not worrying about what we were spending on meals. Being able to ignore the menu prices was wonderful!

I an still thinking about it. I will see how the money is holding up come summertime. But right now it looks like I might have it safely budgeted in time.

WE LOVED IT!!! We have 3 kids and it was nice to be able to order really nice meals and not be worried about it!! There are really no restrictions and that is what my family loved. I would not do WDW without doing one of the dining plans. We have done the original dining plan, and the deluxe, BOTH were great.
We are doing deluxe dining in June. It is a lot of food but we do not eat that way normally, so we figure its vacation!!!

good luck deciding

Lot of Food! Plus, a lot more in tips!