DVC and split stays/switching rooms

I called to book our next stay at Bay Lake Tower; Oct. 30th-Nov.7th. The room categories we needed weren’t available for our whole trip so I had to take the following…

Oct 30th (1 night): Lake View Studio
Nov 31st-3rd (3 nights): Standard View Studio
Nov 3rd-7th (4 nights): Standard View 1-bedroom

I don’t mind staying 4 nights in a studio & 4 nights in a 1-bedroom but that first night is really annoying me. :pinch: To switch THREE times seems like it might be a real inconvenience. She put me on a waitlist for the 1st night to a “standard view studio” so it at least matched the next 3 nights & she did have all 4 of the first nights in a Lake View Studio available, but I am unfortunately only 2 points shy of being able to book that.

What is this experience going to be like? We have to repack everything, leave it at bell services, re-check in & wait for ANOTHER room to be ready, then pay for the dining plan TWO seperate times? I’m not even bothering to add the dining plan on that first night.

I hope this isn’t TOO much of a bummer. Have people here done anything like this? What exactly was your experience?

Thanks.

If I were you I’d pack a small one night overnight bag so you don’t have to dig through your big suitcase. Did you do the Owners Locker thing? Knowing Disney they will figure something out and make it easy for you.

BTW-I’m so glad you booked this trip. We always go either Halloween or 11/7 weekend (Bel’s B-day) and this means we’ll be able to see you and say HI!! Becca has a crush on Daniel I think! :blush:

Now you are doing what I did?? :laugh::laugh: You mean NOV, dontcha?

haha, whoops! TOTALLY!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1010385]If I were you I’d pack a small one night overnight bag so you don’t have to dig through your big suitcase. Did you do the Owners Locker thing? Knowing Disney they will figure something out and make it easy for you.

BTW-I’m so glad you booked this trip. We always go either Halloween or 11/7 weekend (Bel’s B-day) and this means we’ll be able to see you and say HI!! Becca has a crush on Daniel I think! :blush:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am HOPING something comes through at the 7 month mark OR waitlist. We are usually pretty light/easy packers BUT I hate the inconvenience of worrying about it. We’ll see, I’ll hope for the best. I could just drop that first night 'cause obviously I don’t have airfare yet BUT who the heck wants to DROP a night?!?!

We should do MNSSHP on either the 30th or the 31st, it really is my favorite party!

hehe, I love that Daniel and Becs get along so well. He loves hangin’ out with your your crew (as do I! :biggrin:).

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1010388]Yeah, I am HOPING something comes through at the 7 month mark OR waitlist. We are usually pretty light/easy packers BUT I hate the inconvenience of worrying about it. We’ll see, I’ll hope for the best. I could just drop that first night 'cause obviously I don’t have airfare yet BUT who the heck wants to DROP a night?!?!

We should do :heart:MNSSHP:heart: on either the 30th or the 31st, it really is my favorite party!

hehe, I love that Daniel and Becs get along so well. He loves hangin’ out with your your crew (as do I! :biggrin:).[/QUOTE]

:heart: Mine too! We should do that, it would be F U N!! :happy:

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1010378]I called to book our next stay at Bay Lake Tower; Oct. 30th-Nov.7th. The room categories we needed weren’t available for our whole trip …

that first night is really annoying me. :pinch: To switch THREE times seems like it might be a real inconvenience. [/QUOTE]

Was there a reason you waited to book your reservation instead of booking 11 months in advance?

You would have gotten what you wanted had you called a while ago.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1010401]Was there a reason you waited to book your reservation instead of booking 11 months in advance?

You would have gotten what you wanted had you called a while ago.[/QUOTE]

We weren’t exactly sure of what dates we’d both be able to go, as far as my husband’s work goes & I had to wait until next year’s school calendar was created. I wasn’t TOO late off the 11 month mark (I think I called on Dec. 20th), I was also a little distracted with grad school, planning our December trip that we just got back from, Daniel’s Bday party in WDW, Christmas, & all that other stuff.

They do have a Lake View studio available for those 1st 4 nights but I was 2 BLT points short, even with borrowing, to be able to book that. My only choice now is to hope a “standard view studio” comes through for that first night OR find 2 BLT points somewhere. :laugh:

Sounds like you need a 25 point add on!

It’s only money. :laugh:

It will be a snap for you. Don’t go crazy. We did three different resorts. One night pop, one night AKL and then BC. We packed half the house with us, but only used the overnight bag the first night. Checked in about 1, went to an early dinner at trails end, went back to hotel. Next morning took our luggage over to bell services (didn’t want to wait at the room), went to Epcot. About 4 ish took bus over to AKL, check in. DD and family came over to eat at Boma. DH was suppose to join them but didn’t feel so great. We kept the baby during dinner. I did a bit of laundry (really small load). Next morning, called bell services. We went to Epcot, did whatever and checked into BC sometime in the afternoon. Room wasn’t ready yet, but we weren’t staying anyway. Pop was sort of a blur. But I did enjoy being able to wander around AKL. The only thing was it felt like I was tipping every 20 min. So moving the way you pack and staying at the same resort should be sooooo much easier.

You’re still in Disney!! It will be fun! Just don’t bring everything in each room!! I agree with everyone about packing an overnight bag!! How hard is it to get 2 BLT points?

Yeah, I’m sure we’ll be fine. At least we’re at the same resort. The problem is that the 2 points has to come from an owner AT blt because it’s over 7 months out, trust me, I’d use my SSR points if I could but I can’t use those for this reservation until 7 months out. If I could find another BLT owner that would let me rent or spot me 2 BLT points it would work out… I think. :laugh: That’s if they still have that Lake View Studio left.

Good Luck Wish!! I hope you can find someone to let you borrow them!

C’mon, Mike. Spread a little Christmas cheer…she only needs two points!!!..lol

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1010410]Sounds like you need a 25 point add on!

It’s only money. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

rah haha. Yeah, money I totally don’t have right now! :tongue: Especially after paying cash for that Bday bash! :laugh:

I hope they can work something out. I am sure that you will love ur stay no matter how many room changes. I always go with the kids in tow, so the room changes would be a hardship. Maybe if it was just me and the DH.