DVC announces BLT and Treehouse Villas!

From the Orlando Sentinel:

The Walt Disney Co.'s rapidly growing time-share division takes an aggressive step forward today when it unveils plans for two new resorts in Orlando – even as Disney Vacation Club battles some of the strongest financial headwinds it has ever faced.

Disney this morning will formally reveal plans for its Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, confirming earlier reports that the 15-story tower rising just beyond the Magic Kingdom will be used for time shares. The company also will unveil plans to sell time shares at the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, a secluded community of 60 units that is being rebuilt in a forested pocket of Walt Disney World.

The twin announcements ensure that Celebration-based Disney Vacation Club, which has grown to nine resorts and more than 350,000 members, will have more time shares for sale in 2009 than it has ever had before.

Full story is available HERE.

BLT will open on Sept 1, 2009. BLT owners can make reservations starting Mar 1, 2009.

BLT Points cost $112. Members who purchase a min of 100 points get a $5 incentive ($107 per point). Dues are about $3.67 per point.

BLT views include Magic Kingdom (20%), Lake View (70%) and Std View (10%).

Wow! Wishy you were right . . . when you mentioned where all the DVC cast members were yesterday . . . I bet they were at the unveiling??

I think they were because when I called they were closed at 2 but my guide was still there. I asked about BLT and she said that it will be a ton of pts for 1 week stay:eek: I think I rather use my pts for 3 weeks in Disney than 1 week and then have nothing till the next year:pinch:

The treehouse villas are interesting, but honestly, we have always known that if we were in that remote sort of resort, we’d feel too far form the magic. That would be a total bummer ofr our family, so I am OK with not wanting points there too badly.

The BLT, on the other hand… ((wrings hands))… I am sort of wanting to be there, at least once!

I’m excited that DVC has finally announced my soon-to-be next home resort. I am definitely adding on points at Bay Lake Tower as soon as they go on sale (Sunday?).

:smile:

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;882407]I’m excited that DVC has finally announced my soon-to-be next home resort. I am definitely adding on points at Bay Lake Tower as soon as they go on sale (Sunday?).

:smile:[/QUOTE]

Congrats!!! How many pts do you think it will be for a stay in May?
How much are pts going for?

Can’t wait to hear all the details!

Here is the DVC link

YouTube - Deevy See’s Revealing Report

That was a cute video.
I woner when they will announce pricing? I need to start working on my DH! lol

I just got the email and my head is spinning. I want to add on at BLT but the AKV deal is great. What to do ???

Official photos on allears Bay Lake Tower - Contemporary Disney Vacation Club Resort

I gotta say, I’m not all that fond of the decor, surprisingly!

It’s very…contemporary:closedeye Not too fond of the subtle changes in the bedroom…but still…

Just received an email from my aunt regarding this DVC. Here’s part of what she wrote:

Bob got an email from some strange woman who calls herself the “First Lady of the Disney Vacation Club” and I didn’t forward it to you because it takes too darn long for the upload. However, she confirms that the construction at The Contemporary is a new Vacation Club resort and that this will be revealed during a special called “Season of Disney: Disney’s Best Kept Secret” on September 18th at 8:00 PM on The Travel Channel. Thought you might want to catch it.

I know - and usually I like contemporary. But it looked a little more “Ikea” than sophisticated or funky to me.

Decor is really important to me, so it makes it easier for me to try to resist buying in!

I have to say, I’m excited to hear the pricing of this resort. Back a year ago, I was TOTALLY psyched about buying there. But now the new incentives AKV is offering to buy there may be too good to pass up.

I am interested to see Pricing and Point Charts.

And the decor in the bedroom is AWFUL. :blow:

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;882579]I have to say, I’m excited to hear the pricing of this resort. Back a year ago, I was TOTALLY psyched about buying there. But now the new incentives AKV is offering to buy there may be too good to pass up.

I am interested to see Pricing and Point Charts.

And the decor in the bedroom is AWFUL. :blow:[/QUOTE]

DVC Mike posted more info here NEWS: DVC Announces BLT and Treehouse Villas!! - The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World

[QUOTE=MickeyMcFizzle;882554]I know - and usually I like contemporary. But it looked a little more “Ikea” than sophisticated or funky to me.

Decor is really important to me, so it makes it easier for me to try to resist buying in![/QUOTE]

Oh! You hit it right on the nose! Totally looks Ikea!!:mellow:
I so like the decor in the rooms at the “regular” Contemporary so much better!

Welp, my head is officially spinning.

PS: I just got off the phone with member services and they have “absolutely no clue when or for how much BLT is going to be offered to curent DVC members.” He said he only knows exactly what we heard via e-mail.

EXCITING news, no matter what, though! Even if you aren’t buying! Nice to see there are more options for DVC owners and renters alike. Now, to rent there, wonder how much it will cost a point (I’m thinking like $14???)

And I wonder what NEW incentives will be offered to get AKV buyers!!! All the buzz is going to be about BLT (HATE the name, btw :blow:). So there will most likely be NEW incentives to get people buying AKV!

Maybe now is the time to wait for me…:huh:.