DVC AP question

Hello all! I still have 1 of my contracts left with DVC and was wondering a question before I decided if I should keep or sell.
How can I turn a 9 day base ticket purchased with my Sept package thru CRO into an AP with the DVC discount?

I didn’t know you still had DVC.

I actually purchased 3 contracts from them and only got rid of 2. I kept one just in case the kids want to go to HH. I may get rid of it but still undecided.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;958593]Hello all! I still have 1 of my contracts left with DVC and was wondering a question before I decided if I should keep or sell.
How can I turn a 9 day base ticket purchased with my Sept package thru CRO into an AP with the DVC discount?[/QUOTE]

Several places can do this- at all of the major parks and DtD. (I don’t know if the CMs at the water parks can). Just bring your ticket and your DVC member card. Are all of the days unused? If so, your AP will be pretty cheap with that DVC discount!!

Ditto…you should be able to buy the AP at your DVC discount rate (w/ you DVC member card), and then apply the value of the unused portion of your 9-day passes toward the payment of the APs.

I didn’t use it yet. Its the ticket I’m getting in Sept when I check in. Thanks all. I’m really thinking of doioing this. I went 3 times last year and should have bought it then.

I think you’d be relieved if you’d make a single firm decision on DVC, APs and travel plans and then stick to it!

If I were you, I’d keep a small DVC membership, skip the APs and take the kids for a short trip once a year.

(If you are like me, you’d be completely bummed out to give up DVC altogether. And if you only take a small trip each year, you’ll get your Disney fix taken care of, but there’'s probably no need for an AP.)

And finally, if you’d like to save some money, just eat CS and fly on SWA or JetBlue or AirTran. Book it early and don’t worry yourself about saving a handful of dollars by switching. Splurge on a character meal and you’ll have a perfect, decisive Disney plan for many years!

Glad you didn’t sell off all your DVC!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;958947]I think you’d be relieved if you’d make a single firm decision on DVC, APs and travel plans and then stick to it!

If I were you, I’d keep a small DVC membership, skip the APs and take the kids for a short trip once a year.

(If you are like me, you’d be completely bummed out to give up DVC altogether. And if you only take a small trip each year, you’ll get your Disney fix taken care of, but there’'s probably no need for an AP.)

And finally, if you’d like to save some money, just eat CS and fly on SWA or JetBlue or AirTran. Book it early and don’t worry yourself about saving a handful of dollars by switching. Splurge on a character meal and you’ll have a perfect, decisive Disney plan for many years!

Glad you didn’t sell off all your DVC![/QUOTE]

well to be honest i can care less if I have DVC or not. to me its not worththe $3600 a year i was paying. for that my DD and i can go on 3 10 night stays at pop. i like the option to get free DDP and every other discount. i kept a small contract so i can use it for the discounts on APs but since i like to go 2 to 3 times a year im thinking i should get one. im going in Sept for 10 days and poss back for christmas break and then march 2010 and perhaps may so im going to need an AP. I guess all in all DVC just wasn’t for me and it wasn’t really about saving the money it was the thought of having a $16000 loan paying for 10 years paying 3 times that back.

Well I stand corrected – if you are just hanging onto DVC for the modest discount on APs that you are not even sure you want, then it’s definitely NOT for you. (I was commenting with the understanding that you hung onto the last small membership so you could take the kids to HH.) If that is how you feel, then you should ditch the DVC altogether and don’t give it another thought.

There are a zillion people on MB right now who have 10% discount cards for AP – myself included – and you can use the card to buy multiple APs with the discount. Go find the thread and you’ll get the discount you would have gotten with DVC.

I just think you should come up with a firm plan and then stick with it. Buying and selling these memberships, booking and rebooking flights, and making so many other changes ends up costing so much extra money (and stress) that you end up saving nothing.

DVC is not for everyone, and you make a lot of sense in selling it if you prefer to stay 10 days at an All-Star.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;959004]Well I stand corrected – if you are just hanging onto DVC for the modest discount on APs that you are not even sure you want, then it’s definitely NOT for you. (I was commenting with the understanding that you hung onto the last small membership so you could take the kids to HH.) If that is how you feel, then you should ditch the DVC altogether and don’t give it another thought.

There are a zillion people on MB right now who have 10% discount cards for AP – myself included – and you can use the card to buy multiple APs with the discount. Go find the thread and you’ll get the discount you would have gotten with DVC.

I just think you should come up with a firm plan and then stick with it. Buying and selling these memberships, booking and rebooking flights, and making so many other changes ends up costing so much extra money (and stress) that you end up saving nothing.

DVC is not for everyone, and you make a lot of sense in selling it if you prefer to stay 10 days at an All-Star.[/QUOTE]

Well I did keep it for HH but again I can pay OOP and not have to use DVC. I acted on impule when I purchased it ans since I pay for it by myself I couldn’t stand seeing $350 + a month go by for something I was only going to use once a month.
Yes some things I do stress myself out and why I do it ill never know :laugh: but I DO know I’m going in Sept and everything is in solid plans. Sometimes I just double guess myself and I come to MB for answers and to vent since my husband wants no parts in my Disney thinking :laugh:
I did sell my membership for good reasons other than that its all good.

Not that I want to turn this thread into something different than what it began as, but I guess I am confused. You purchased 3 contracts on impulse!!! Wow! One contract I totally get, 3, wow!!!

Anyways, when we purchased our DVC we did the math and after 4 vacations it pays for itself. Even if you stay in a studio at a dvc resort, the amount of times you have gone or plan to go, it would have taken care of your trips already. I am sure you had your reasons for selling your other contracts but if you plan on going as often as you say, why wouldn’t you just keep the one contract? Making a monthly payment towards DVC is just like saving for a vaction for me. I guess it is all in the way in which you choose to convince yourself to think about it!!!

PS. I get the taking advantage of free dining stuff, but year to year we never know if it will happen or not, but owning a DVC, year to year you always know you can take a vacation be it to Disney or somewhere else, there is one to be taken.

Anyways, sorry to continue the threadjack!
\

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;959014]Well I did keep it for HH but again I can pay OOP and not have to use DVC. I acted on impule when I purchased it ans since I pay for it by myself I couldn’t stand seeing $350 + a month go by for something I was only going to use once a month.
Yes some things I do stress myself out and why I do it ill never know :laugh: but I DO know I’m going in Sept and everything is in solid plans. Sometimes I just double guess myself and I come to MB for answers and to vent since my husband wants no parts in my Disney thinking :laugh:
I did sell my membership for good reasons other than that its all good.[/QUOTE]

I didn’t know you were still a DVC member either, I thought you sold all your points. I feel bad about it, we talked for months about you joining DVC and went through all the pros and cons. I hoped you would be as happy with it as we are. I look at the lump payment/monthly payments as the same as setting that money back in an account for our yearly trips. If we weren’t DVC members I would have to set at least $300 a month back to pay for our trips. With DVC I don’t have to do that anymore.

[QUOTE=NokeyNose;959049]Not that I want to turn this thread into something different than what it began as, but I guess I am confused. You purchased 3 contracts on impulse!!! Wow! One contract I totally get, 3, wow!!!

Anyways, when we purchased our DVC we did the math and after 4 vacations it pays for itself. Even if you stay in a studio at a dvc resort, the amount of times you have gone or plan to go, it would have taken care of your trips already. I am sure you had your reasons for selling your other contracts but if you plan on going as often as you say, why wouldn’t you just keep the one contract? Making a monthly payment towards DVC is just like saving for a vaction for me. I guess it is all in the way in which you choose to convince yourself to think about it!!!

PS. I get the taking advantage of free dining stuff, but year to year we never know if it will happen or not, but owning a DVC, year to year you always know you can take a vacation be it to Disney or somewhere else, there is one to be taken.

Anyways, sorry to continue the threadjack!
[/QUOTE]

Please don’t confuse her [or us] any more. :laugh: :tongue:

I thought Tink24 was a happy DVC member, then she wasn’t a DVC member anymore, now she IS a DVC member again even though she was all along & only sold two of the 3 contracts, then she’d rather save money & didn’t care if she stayed at values, wasn’t going to go to Disney as much because two family members don’t like it, but is now going 3 times in the next year, doesn’t want to pay $3600 on DVC payments a year but is keeping one DVC contract just in case someone wants to go to HH even though it can be paid OOP & wants to still get a $100 off discount on annual passes…

I don’t know. I apologize Tink24 but I, for one, have absolutely no clue what is heads or tails with you sometimes.

I understand you come to us because your DH dislikes Disney & you need to vent. I like helping you whenever I can but sometimes it’s just frustrating or confusing because I feel like whatever we talk about one day it’s the opposite the next.

I’m confused. If you still have points (and are presumably paying for them…right?) why aren’t you using those when you go in the fall?

Frankly, if someone would be happy staying at the Pop Century year after year, then DVC doesn’t make any sense for them.

Ok…I started this thread as a quick question I had about my DVC AP discount. No Shannon I didn’t purchase 3 contracts on impulse. That’s how my guide was able to get me my points. She wanted me to have 07 and 08 points when I purchased so she had to break it down like that for why I have no clue.

As for paying $300 a month for DVC as opposed to a package. I paid $343 and some change per month for DVC for 160 points plus fees and all. If and when I go to Disney I pay monthly as I can BUT if it is $300 a month that includes room tickets food flight and spending money not just a DVC payment.

Yes I do agree SSR was real nice but my 7 yo and I don’t need all that. We only use the room to sleep and for us it wasn’t worth it. I bought DVC for my family of 4 to use as a family and since the other 2 don’t care to use it it wasn’t worth it for me.
For those of you who don’t know me my oldest was born with a celf lip and palate. When I purchased DVC my husband had %100 insurance and after the holidays his employer cut insurance for family members and only kept the employee insured so I had to take on insurance payments out of my payroll which is only 80/20 so its DVC or tell my daughter sorry but you can’t get surgery. So that’s why I sold my 2 contracts and for those who must know I plan on selling my third.

DVCmike I don’t mind the values at all. My daughter won’t care less where she stays as long as she is having the time of her life in Disney.
I did mention I would like to go 3 times in the next year but never stated it being on or off site but the AP would take care of tickets.
Sorry Jess if ya can’t make heads or tails out of me. Perhaps ill just lurk around.

Can someone please close or lock this thread. I don’t really care to answer anymore questions on why and how come about my DVC purchase. Thank you!

Hey Tink, I am just curious… what method did you use to rid of your other two DVC contracts? I don’t remember you talking about who you sold them to or anything. That was a quick sell-off considering there are SOOOOO many resales just sittin’ around on the resale market.

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;959119]
Sorry Jess if ya can’t make heads or tails out of me. Perhaps ill just lurk around.

Can someone please close or lock this thread. I don’t really care to answer anymore questions on why and how come about my DVC purchase. Thank you![/QUOTE]

To be honest with you I don’t really care to answer any more of your confusing questions but they still abound. First you want our advice, then you don’t. You want our opinions, then you don’t.

Don’t lurk on account of people inquiring, you’ve been talking DVC with us for a LONG time… we’re naturally interested.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;959121]To be honest with you I don’t really care to answer any more of your confusing questions but they still abound. First you want our advice, then you don’t. You want our opinions, then you don’t.

Don’t lurk on account of people inquiring, you’ve been talking DVC with us for a LONG time… we’re naturally interested.[/QUOTE]

I don’t understand how my question in this thread was confusing.
It was a question on a discount I have not a debate on why I purchased DVC. Yes I have been talking about DVC but I didn’t expect my insurance to make a turn for the worse. There is no crime in not wanting it anymore. I just feel like I’m being drilled about something that I couldn’t help

Tink24, I never meant any ill will, I just was curious! I am so sorry if you felt anything other than that, I was, as I said, confused!

I don’t really feel you need to explain yourself at all! You can do whatever you feel comfortable doing, I was just stating a fact that if you do like going to Disney so much, like the rest of us, more than 3 trips in a year, regardless of where you stay (a hotel resi is a hotel resi) after a couple of years it definately pays for itself!

As for your DD I get ya! You need to do what you need to do, I don’t judge!

I don’t want you to feel that you are being pried into with regard as to why you sold off, that is your business, but since you brought up the issue originally, and you were the one who said you acted impulsively, I just did not get it! I act impulsively all the time, but 3 times just did not make sense!

Are you sure you didn’t just sign one contract and they gave you two additional years of developer points? That is a bit different from 3 DVC contracts. I took it to mean you Bought a DVC contract then added on points two more times.

If you still have the DVC 160 points than you still have your original contract.

No need to close the thread, noone wants to make you feel bad!