DVC & dining plan

Do DVC members get a break on the dining plans? My sister added the the 1 TS, 1 CS dining plan on to our reservation and the total that the member services CM gave her was less than what I had figured for the plan. It is 45.99 adult & 11.99 child for that plan correct?

Thanks!

I think the only break we get is we don’t have to pay the upcharge when the dining plan costs more for resort guests.

I think the price is lower for the different seasons.
I am a DVC member and I don’t believe we get a discounted price. I would love to buy it for our trip but my daughter is 10 and doesn’t eat much. I would split my meal with her but having the dining plan requires her to have an adult meal plan.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies, I think I will call Disney Dining and check to make sure. I don’t want any bad surprises when we arrive! I guess I need to add my ADRs to the plan too?

[QUOTE=Tinkerbella;1073184]I think the price is lower for the different seasons.
I am a DVC member and I don’t believe we get a discounted price. I would love to buy it for our trip but my daughter is 10 and doesn’t eat much. I would split my meal with her but having the dining plan requires her to have an adult meal plan.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Once my son became an ‘adult’ the dining plan was no longer a good deal for us either. He’s happier with a burger or nuggets and there’s no way he would ever eat forty dollars worth of food.

I believe it is 45.99 during less busier times and 47.99 during peak times.

DVC Member DDp is set price year round…

“Disney Dining Plan Pricing
The price of the Disney Dining Plan is $45.99 per night, per Guest ages 10+ and $11.99 per night, per Guest ages 3-9.”

I guess we spend enough money that they don’t gouge us for the extra couple of bucks at peak. :laugh:

I have a pdf copy of all of the DVC DDPs (std, deluxe & QS) and can email a copy. RLC@RLCarmichael.com if you’d like one.

Holy Cow! it’s getting expensive:ohmy:. My 11&12 yr old DD’s don’t eat $48 worth of food a day as individuals, or combined for that matter.

We’ve been buying a DVC discounted Annual Pass and then picking up Tables in Wonderland. TiW works out so much better for our family than the Dining Plan.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1073224]DVC Member DDp is set price year round…

“Disney Dining Plan Pricing
The price of the Disney Dining Plan is $45.99 per night, per Guest ages 10+ and $11.99 per night, per Guest ages 3-9.”

I guess we spend enough money that they don’t gouge us for the extra couple of bucks at peak. :laugh:

I have a pdf copy of all of the DVC DDPs (std, deluxe & QS) and can email a copy. RLC@RLCarmichael.com if you’d like one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mr. Carmichael! I sent you a message.

That’s the price we are paying as DVC members for our upcoming trip next month.

They charge $45.99 per night stayed, not by how many days you are there. Did you calculate maybe by the number of days?

That’s what we do when we can make an AP work for us. I love freedom we get with the TIW card and the discount applies to everything, even adult drinks.

No, I calculated by the number of nights. I thought maybe she had us on the CS only plan, but those numbers don’t work either. It is only about $200 difference for 6 adults & 1 child. I was going to wait until Monday to call to make sure they had time to process the request - or is that not necessary?

Mr. Carmichael is Da’bomb! :laugh: I don’t even post dvc questions anymore- I just send him a note to ask because he always has the answers!

Exactly. The flexability the TIW card provides is well worth it.