DVC Member Services "Snarky" Cast Member

Kind of shocked. I’ve spoken to DVC Member Services many, many, many times and have had nothing but wonderful, helpful CMs…until today. Hope the description snarky isn’t too harsh for the title, but that was the perfect description for her. I called to get the official list of scooter companies that are allowed to drop off at DVC resorts (will list below if anyone is interested) and she started providing me with the first name, and then pauses so I politely asked her “is there only one” and then I got reprimanded “You requested the list. I’m trying to give you the list but you interrupted me. If you would just wait and let me finish I will give you the rest of them. That’s what you want isn’t it?” When I tried to apologize saying there was just a pause so I didn’t know if she was finished. She again said “well, there is a list. Let me finish it.” All in a tone that I don’t appreciate being talked to. I had more questions to ask, but I didn’t want to talk to her anymore, so will call another day. I know everyone has bad days, but right from the get go I had a feeling she did not want to be there.

Here’s the scooter list:
Apple
Best Price Mobility
Buena Vista Scooter
Care Medical
Scooter Bug

RUDE! I wouldn’t call her snarky, I’d call her a b****. (I provided those stars all by myself so that the software wouldn’t have to do it for me! I’m considerate like that. :laugh:)

Wow there’s just never a need for that attitude is there? Maybe she was having a bad day, but that’s not your fault is it- rude rude and rude- sorry you were on the end of it!

What a snarky b****! I don’t care if she was having a bad day - nothing warrants that kind of attitude. I would have said “thank you for the list - I do have other questions, but I’ll call again and speak to another CM - evidently you are having a bad day. Goodbye.”

Man I hate it when I get someone like that…

But I have used buena vista rental before they r great to work with.

She shouldn’t have that job. It reflects badly on DVC. If any of us were working that phone line, we would have made someone’s day with our natural sunshine! We ought to have her job, people!

I bet she didn’t wish you a magical day either? I would have asked for her supervisor and reported her for being rude. Then I would have called back until I got a happy person.

That kind of stuff ticks me off!

I used to be a trainer in a call center and trained people on now to have manners on the phones. I told them every day, no one cares about your bad day, that you may be late on your rent, you don’t feel good, or had a fight with your significant other, people calling in don’t care and it’s simply not their problem. I wasn’t being cold but it’s a fact, you call and expect good service and quite frankly deserve good service. I told them to use their sick time accordingly so if your day is really that crappy, stay home!

When I get someone like that on the phone I will call them out on the carpet and say I think I’d like to call back and talk to someone else, thank you have a good day.

Oh, I just hate it when someone like that is working a customer service desk. If they’re going to act like that then they shouldn’t be working in that field!

Not a justification, the person may have had a bad moment/day.

I guess I am lucky that I have had pretty good luck with the CM’s I have spoken with. I have had a couple who were very business like, to the point which I am fine with. The majority of the time, the CM has been very friendly and willing to chit chat while helping me with whatever assistance I needed.

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1129595]That kind of stuff ticks me off!

I used to be a trainer in a call center and trained people on now to have manners on the phones. I told them every day, no one cares about your bad day, that you may be late on your rent, you don’t feel good, or had a fight with your significant other, people calling in don’t care and it’s simply not their problem. I wasn’t being cold but it’s a fact, you call and expect good service and quite frankly deserve good service. I told them to use their sick time accordingly so if your day is really that crappy, stay home!

When I get someone like that on the phone I will call them out on the carpet and say I think I’d like to call back and talk to someone else, thank you have a good day.[/QUOTE]

We once had a server at WDW who SAT with us and proceeded to tell us how tired she was, what a rotten weekend she had, her mom’s rent was being raised so she had to move, etc, etc, etc. My DH and I put down our forks. We felt funny eating with her sitting there. I wanted to speak the manager, but DH said no.

I have had people do that all the time. I’m not sure how but they seem to be able to figure out I am a minister. We had one at Plaza that picked me out and I enjoyed talking with her. Turns out she was from Haiti and lived near a mission my father started down there. Of course, although I believe I am never “off duty”, there are times when I just want to eat a meal and have some time with my family. The common person is not going to want to hear most of this stuff though and as an office manager I tell my employees not to bring their problems to work.