DVC "Merry Member Mixer?"

Anybody heard anything about this event for 2007? I saw the review from previous years on the member’s website but never saw anything listed for this year. I was hoping it would be going on when we are there in November. Any ideas when it goes on or new dates?

Looks cool.

I’ve heard Great things about The Merry Mixer too We regretfully missed it in 2005…too many special Christmas things to do, but hope it’s going on Dec 08. Hopefully they’ll come out with dates and times for you soon.

Last year I was lucky enough to get to work this event because I was an Old Key West cast member. This is won of the most fun events I have ever worked at. Christmas Mickey and Minnie were there, and so were Pluto and Goofy. There was a dj who was really good that had everyone up and dancing. Pluto and Goofy danced with the kids. There were also activties for the children, and free cookies and cider. Adult beverages were for sale. They had exclusive DVC merchandise availabe including an exclusive DVC pin just for members that was only available at the party. If I were a DVC member and at WDW during that time I would definetely go.
I think I remember the party being every Thursday during the month of December. It was a in a large white tent next to the International Gateway in Epcot. One of the things I liked most about the event was that it was a way for Disney to show apreciation and thanks to the DVC members.

Also every DVC member was given a special Christmas Ornament for the event, and on the last party the Cast Members were given one too. :happy:

AWWWWW, I was REALLY REALLY hoping we’d be able to catch this Thanksgiving week. :sad: WHY oh WHY do I always miss the good stuff? :crying:

I am going to keep my eyes out though but you are probably right that they only do it during the month of December.

Sounds like a blast!!!

I think it would be great if they started it the week of Thanksgiving. Let’s hope they start it earlier!!!

I am bringing this thread back up to see if anyone out there knows the 2008 dates for the DVC Merry Members Mixer, Usually it’s at the International Gateway area. We will be at SSR from 12-1 to 12-15-08 Thanks…

I haven’t heard any 2008 information about it either but I check the DVC website quite often so if I hear anything I will share.

I just checked the www.dvcmember.com website and here is what it says:
“Merry Member Mixer: Celebrate the holiday season by mixing and mingling with your Disney Vacation Club neighbors during this complimentary Member event, which will be held once every week in December. Located just outside of the International Gateway entrance to Epcot®, we’re decking the halls and sharing cups of holiday cheer during our jolly Member get-together. Bring your family for an afternoon of friendly festivities and refreshments. This festive event is our gift to you this season — one of the many perks of Membership.”

sigh wish they would have something like that for when we stay at SSR in January

Oh darn, Wishy… when I saw this title, I was hoping you were putting a party together up here! I already had my Santa hat on!

What is that its my first time going and Idk what some of the things are

Im going to give this a little bump for info on 2008 dates and times.
Is there a dress code???

Im bumping this again to see if anyone knows the dates. Everytime I call DVC they put me on hold to check and come back 10 minutes later.

Haven’t heard a thing about this event for '08. If they are going to have it they’ll post it on your member website.

It’s been posted on the member web site for a while. Go to “Member Privileges” and then “Member Special Events”. However, they still haven’t listed the dates!

Celebrate the holiday season by mixing and mingling with your Disney Vacation Club neighbors during this complimentary Member event, which will be held once every week in December.

Located just outside of the International Gateway entrance to Epcot®, we’re decking the halls and sharing cups of holiday cheer during our jolly Member get-together. Bring your family for an afternoon of friendly festivities and refreshments. This festive event is our gift to you this season — one of the many perks of Membership.

We look forward to seeing you there!

ohhh… Ok… Ill keep checking the DVC site for the dates. Thanks.

I Just saw it listed somewhere that the Merry Member Mixer at the International Gateway will be held on Fridays from 3 to 5 PM during December 08. I have never been in the past but looking forward to attending this year. Does anyone remember if it was on Fridays in the past years, and how it was.

What!??! Where was it listed?? Fridays wont work for me unless they keep it going till 1-2-09:pinch:

I just checked on the DVC site. The dated havent been listed yet. Perhaps I will try calling in the AM to see if the dates are still pending

I’m hoping it’s another day too…we come in on a Saturday and leave on Friday around 1, so Friday won’t work for us either. :dry: In 2005 it was on Wednesdays I believe…that would be perfect! :biggrin: