DVC Mike Live from BWV/SSR

Well, we arrived today at the Boardwalk Villas. We’re here at BWV for 8 nights, followed by 4 more nights at Saratoga Springs Resort (got to use those Bay Lake Tower developer points I got from DVC), for a nice 12 night stay.

I did the online check-in, and told them we’d be there at 12:30pm. We arrived at 12:15pm, and the online check-in key pickup area was not immediately apparent. We asked the Bell desk, and they pointed us to the far end of the check-in area. I think the online check-in saved maybe 1-2 minutes (we didn’t have to give them a credit card). However, our room was immediately available. There wasn’t a line at either the regular check-in or for the online check-in key pickup. They gave me a birthday pin, since we noted my birthday in the celebration link on the DVC member web site.

We booked a standard view 1-BR room, and got an immaculate room (looks like this room had recently received a soft refurb). The carpet appears to be new, and it appears to be freshly painted.

We have lovely view of the valet area (hey, it’s a standard view). This is our first time trying the points saving standard view. I think I’m going to miss our regular boardwalk view room! However – no long hallways! We step off the elevator, take a right turn, and we’re the 4th door down. That is very convenient, but I think I prefer having the great view of the Boardwalk.

The weather is fantastic. It was around 77-78 when we got here, and the weather report for the short term shows around 80-82 degrees and no rain. Since it just snowed in Charlotte over the weekend, it’s a nice change of pace.

We booked a free stay for our neighbors at SSR (again, those BLT developer points). They arrive tomorrow. They’ve never been to Walt Disney World.

I’m off to walk around Crescent Lake and maybe peek into Epcot. Tonight, we’re having dinner at Le Cellier. I’m looking forward to some cheddar cheese soup and some filet.

[B][I]Ahh, it feels good to be here!![/I][/B]

Mike, thanks for checking in with us about check-in! LOL

Have a terrific night – sounds like dinner will be wonderful!

oh boy, those neighbors of yours must be great friends too. I sure hope they have a great first time at Disney.

I did a quick tour around the lake. Spent a few minutes by the pool. I’m sticking in the room until dinner.

Mike I’m jealous! have a wonderful evening at Le Cellier and enjoy dinner!

Mike- I always LOOOOOVE your pictures. keep 'em coming!

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;941777]I did a quick tour around the lake. Spent a few minutes by the pool. I’m sticking in the room until dinner.
[/QUOTE]

Hey I think you’re sitting in my chair – the one by the carousel bar! :laugh:

I am so excited for this TR! Just thinking of Le Cellier makes my mouth water! Yum!

Oh my, the weather sounds heavenly. Enjoy your stay. :slight_smile:

Awesome, have fun!

Remember that commercial with Michael Jordan that said “I want to be like Mike”. Well we need a new one…I want to be like DVC Mike! Have a great trip.

Live TR!!! Looks like you’re off to a good start - can’t wait to hear more!

Wish I was there right now! Have a great time and can’t wait to hear more about the trip!!

Hey Mike, we are doing something similar in June. We have 2 nights at BWV (BW-view 1-BDR), then we move to SSR for another 7 nights and have friends from Kansas City joining us at SSR.

Can’t wait to hear how the resort hop goes. We’re expecting some hiccups between the meal credits from one “stay” to the “other” as well as checking in to SSR since we may not be checking in to SSR at the same time as our friends.

Weather looks awesome!! What a great start!

That’s nice to hear about the rooms!! We have 5 nights at BWV (garden/pool view) for May and I was getting nervous with some of the reviews I’d been reading!

Love your pics, as usual!! Have a great trip!!

We had a nice dinner at Le Cellier last night. I love the pretzel bread. I had the chedder cheese soup and the Mushroom Filet. Everything was just great.

Below are our dinner reservations for this trip. The only new ones for us are Il Mulano (at the Swan) and Chefs de France (I’ve never been into French food).

Le Cellier
Flying Fish Cafe
Coral Reef
Hollywood Brown Derby
Jiko
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Chefs de France
Il Mulano
Jiko (yes, twice)
Raglun Road
California Grill
Ohana

Each time we come “home”, we tend to spend less and less time doing the rides. Yes, we’ll still visit the Parks, but we find ourselves just walking around, enjoying the atmosphere.

Guess I’ll have to get the Camera out and take some pictures today. We have no plans for the entire trip and I have no idea what we’ll end up doing today. We’re playing the entire trip by ear. :mickey:

Took a nice walk around Crescent Lake. My three favorites areas to stay include the Epcot Resort Area, Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon, and AKV with the Savannas.

Yacht Club Resort

BC/YC Slide

Beach Club Resort

BC/YC Beach looking at BWV

BC/YC Fire Pit

Yacht Club Resort

YC/BC Dock

Backside of BWV

Luna Pool at BWV

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;941883]
Each time we come “home”, we tend to spend less and less time doing the rides. Yes, we’ll still visit the Parks, but we find ourselves just walking around, enjoying the atmosphere.

Guess I’ll have to get the Camera out and take some pictures today. We have no plans for the entire trip and I have no idea what we’ll end up doing today. We’re playing the entire trip by ear. :mickey:[/QUOTE]

We are the exact same way. We go to the parks almost everyday but maybe only go on a couple attractions. If we pass by & the line is low on one we go. We’ve always been kinda ‘play it by ear’, the only thing we plan are dinner ADRs.

Can’t wait to hear how your experience at Brown Derby is. We haven’t been there in about 3 years and are thinking about going back for dinner next trip.